Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Owners. How many delays??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Owners. How many delays?? - Page 2

post #16 of 36
My WA6 was delivered as promised May of 2008.
post #17 of 36
Hi guys,

Can anyone from the UK give me some idea how long these amps take to clear customs?

From my tracking ref page "Into Foreign Customs, January 15, 2010, 9:32 pm, GREAT BRITAIN"

Cant find any numbers to give them a call to see whats going on unless anyione here has a number for them?
post #18 of 36
Thread Starter 
Seems like a delay has to do with WA22 and in recent trend.

My WA22 is taking 8+ weeks now, and I got quoted for 5-6 weeks. It's shipped today through USPS, so I am hoping to get it Saturday (They deliver on Saturday, right?).

In any rate, it's either the parts supply issue, or he's getting a lot of orders..
post #19 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt67 View Post
Hi guys,

Can anyone from the UK give me some idea how long these amps take to clear customs?

From my tracking ref page "Into Foreign Customs, January 15, 2010, 9:32 pm, GREAT BRITAIN"

Cant find any numbers to give them a call to see whats going on unless anyione here has a number for them?
Mine got through, with charges, the same day!
post #20 of 36

Jack delivery (and a WES tease)

My WA6SE arrived on schedule (to the day actually). My WES actually came a bit early (5 weeks vs. quoted 6). That happened because I get my amps in black and Jack had a black chassis available and had to wait for silver.

Note my WES is the one that Jack used for the photos of the black WES on the site. I have the full component upgrade package (V-Caps etc), Treasure 6CA7s, Sophia 6SL7s and an ALPS RK50-4 Volume control. I have about 50 hours on it so far and all I can say is WOW. Already it is fantastic. I can't wait for the next 200 hours or so for it to really settle in. For the first few hours it was a bit edgy but that is all gone. Everytime I listen there is new level of sweetness. In a few weeks I'll post more about it (with photos). If you have the money (or your kids move out of the house) you owe it to consider to this beast. Work of art on all levels.

Jack and Co (as others have said) are a class outfit all around. Great products, great support and an overall drive to be a great partner.
post #21 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayes View Post
My WA6SE arrived on schedule (to the day actually). My WES actually came a bit early (5 weeks vs. quoted 6). That happened because I get my amps in black and Jack had a black chassis available and had to wait for silver.

Note my WES is the one that Jack used for the photos of the black WES on the site. I have the full component upgrade package (V-Caps etc), Treasure 6CA7s, Sophia 6SL7s and an ALPS RK50-4 Volume control. I have about 50 hours on it so far and all I can say is WOW. Already it is fantastic. I can't wait for the next 200 hours or so for it to really settle in. For the first few hours it was a bit edgy but that is all gone. Everytime I listen there is new level of sweetness. In a few weeks I'll post more about it (with photos). If you have the money (or your kids move out of the house) you owe it to consider to this beast. Work of art on all levels.

Jack and Co (as others have said) are a class outfit all around. Great products, great support and an overall drive to be a great partner.

Nice.

I've been eying WES myself, but my kids aren't helping much. When my kids grow up old enough and leave me alone, I definitely going to treat myself with it.

Share your impression of WES with some nice photos, will ya?
post #22 of 36
Good to know... when i order my WA2 I'll make sure I order a few weeks in advance of my b-day!
post #23 of 36
Though not an amp, I ordered a silver HPS-T headphone stand a few days ago. It said they will ship it within a week. The next day it was out for delivery. Should be here soon
post #24 of 36
Ooooo... I envy you, man. I've been eying one of those for weeks. Unfortunately, no successful bites with my WTB used ad. They are beautiful.
post #25 of 36
I emailed Jack a few weeks ago and asked about any "ready to ship" or imperfect products he had available. He replied saying he had a unit with a small ding that he would offer at a discount. It showed up 5 days later and I still can't locate the ding. If anyone is in a hurry, that might be an option. Based upon my experience thus far with Woo, I can't recommend them enough.
post #26 of 36
The fact that you can not find the ding does not surprise me a bit. When you look inside the amps and see the care that is taken routing the wires etc you know that these folks are focused on quality. These are area that 'normal' customers will never see. (None of us are normal though, I'm sure most look inside before we even turn the unit on ;-)
post #27 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosehee View Post
Nice.

I've been eying WES myself, but my kids aren't helping much. When my kids grow up old enough and leave me alone, I definitely going to treat myself with it.

Share your impression of WES with some nice photos, will ya?
It seems you are inclined on getting the WES even after you own the WA6, is there much difference between the two, does it justify the extra cost.
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampson_smith View Post
Ooooo... I envy you, man. I've been eying one of those for weeks. Unfortunately, no successful bites with my WTB used ad. They are beautiful.
I checked out the FS forums for them before I made the purchase, it looked like it would have been a long wait to nab a double woo silver stand from the forums
post #29 of 36
Yes... an incredibly long wait. It's just a bit more expensive shipping those hefty stands to Canada, but I may just have to buy one new.
post #30 of 36
Thread Starter 
WES and W6 are two different types of amp that drives two different types of headphone.

Yes. I'd like to try the stax some day and with very best amp if possible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Owners. How many delays??