"Hot" as in temperature? treble?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- Warm, musical vs cold, analytical DACs Last post on 11/18/13 at 5:14am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd Ref 7.1 or Bryston BDA-1 Last post on 6/29/12 at 8:22pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC to match Graham Slee Solo and HD650 Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC) Last post on 7/5/16 at 12:25pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to checking out an exciting new entry to FiiO's expanding earphone lineup, the F1. FiiO really needs no introduction given that their audio equipment has grown...
Audio-GD Reference 7 - the new flagship DAC - Page 181post #2701 of 27389/24/12 at 7:51am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2702 of 27389/24/12 at 9:39ampost #2703 of 27389/24/12 at 2:50pmpost #2704 of 27389/24/12 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by tme110
Have you been volume matching? I just got the ref5.32 and it is slightly hotter than every other source I have (including my collection of other AGD DACs) so there's basically no way I can compare it with anything because on an A/B check it will always win and volume matching takes too much work.
Well, I did not volume match precisely with an SPL meter or a multimeter to measure 1Khz sinewave output, but I did this:Quote:6. Perhaps I thought the "fullness" of sound and the stronger bass response of the Ref 7.1 was from a higher volume output. So, I tried comparing with the Ref 7.1 volume lowered by a notch compared to everything else. However, this did not change my impression of superiority of the Ref 7.1 in tone/timbre, soundstage, and bass depth and texture.
Once again, nothing scientific, and hopefully when I have some time later I'd like to do a volume matched comparison too.post #2705 of 273810/14/12 at 11:41ampost #2706 of 273810/14/12 at 12:58pmpost #2707 of 273810/14/12 at 5:36pmpost #2708 of 273810/14/12 at 10:19pmpost #2709 of 273810/14/12 at 11:12pmQuote:
In fact the Reference 7.1 have assemble the USB32 kit as USB interface.post #2710 of 273810/15/12 at 1:27amQuote:
I understand that... The Master 7 has the soldered DSP board, etc. I was just curious whether the Master 7 would replace the Reference 7.1 (i.e., as an updated version) or whether the two would coexist. From Currawong's post it seems like the former is true. Also, I was looking closely at the pictures on Audio-GD's website, and the Master 7 analog circuit boards both say "Ref 7 (2011)", which made me think that this was the "new" Reference 7.1. In retrospect, maybe it just means that the analog boards are the same or very similar between the Ref 7.1 and Master 7.
(BTW, I noticed that the "SA-20" circuit boards say "RE-9A", which seems to suggest that the SA-20 is the replacement for the old Reference 9.)
Edited by MoonUnit - 10/15/12 at 1:31ampost #2711 of 273810/15/12 at 4:28ampost #2712 of 273810/18/12 at 2:36pmpost #2713 of 273810/21/12 at 6:24amQuote:
I have the Ref 7.1 and Master 6 and they are absolutely superb in both SQ and engineering.
Your headphones are so new, that I am afraid that very few (if any) will be able to give you a first hand impression with this combo.post #2714 of 273810/21/12 at 12:10pmpost #2715 of 273810/22/12 at 9:50amQuote:
I may be the closest- I have the Master-5, Ref-8 and D600 and it sounds great. The D7000 sounded better to me though but I needed more isolation than it provided.
- Audio-GD Reference 7 - the new flagship DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Earbuds Round-Up 20 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fulla 1 minute ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › Which headphone please 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by PinkyPowers
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear