"Hot" as in temperature? treble?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- Warm, musical vs cold, analytical DACs Last post on 11/18/13 at 5:14am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd Ref 7.1 or Bryston BDA-1 Last post on 6/29/12 at 8:22pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC to match Graham Slee Solo and HD650 Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC) Last post on 7/5/16 at 12:25pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
Audio-GD Reference 7 - the new flagship DAC - Page 181post #2701 of 27389/24/12 at 7:51am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2702 of 27389/24/12 at 9:39ampost #2703 of 27389/24/12 at 2:50pmpost #2704 of 27389/24/12 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by tme110
Have you been volume matching? I just got the ref5.32 and it is slightly hotter than every other source I have (including my collection of other AGD DACs) so there's basically no way I can compare it with anything because on an A/B check it will always win and volume matching takes too much work.
Well, I did not volume match precisely with an SPL meter or a multimeter to measure 1Khz sinewave output, but I did this:Quote:6. Perhaps I thought the "fullness" of sound and the stronger bass response of the Ref 7.1 was from a higher volume output. So, I tried comparing with the Ref 7.1 volume lowered by a notch compared to everything else. However, this did not change my impression of superiority of the Ref 7.1 in tone/timbre, soundstage, and bass depth and texture.
Once again, nothing scientific, and hopefully when I have some time later I'd like to do a volume matched comparison too.post #2705 of 273810/14/12 at 11:41ampost #2706 of 273810/14/12 at 12:58pmpost #2707 of 273810/14/12 at 5:36pmpost #2708 of 273810/14/12 at 10:19pmpost #2709 of 273810/14/12 at 11:12pmQuote:
In fact the Reference 7.1 have assemble the USB32 kit as USB interface.post #2710 of 273810/15/12 at 1:27amQuote:
I understand that... The Master 7 has the soldered DSP board, etc. I was just curious whether the Master 7 would replace the Reference 7.1 (i.e., as an updated version) or whether the two would coexist. From Currawong's post it seems like the former is true. Also, I was looking closely at the pictures on Audio-GD's website, and the Master 7 analog circuit boards both say "Ref 7 (2011)", which made me think that this was the "new" Reference 7.1. In retrospect, maybe it just means that the analog boards are the same or very similar between the Ref 7.1 and Master 7.
(BTW, I noticed that the "SA-20" circuit boards say "RE-9A", which seems to suggest that the SA-20 is the replacement for the old Reference 9.)
Edited by MoonUnit - 10/15/12 at 1:31ampost #2711 of 273810/15/12 at 4:28ampost #2712 of 273810/18/12 at 2:36pmpost #2713 of 273810/21/12 at 6:24amQuote:
I have the Ref 7.1 and Master 6 and they are absolutely superb in both SQ and engineering.
Your headphones are so new, that I am afraid that very few (if any) will be able to give you a first hand impression with this combo.post #2714 of 273810/21/12 at 12:10pmpost #2715 of 273810/22/12 at 9:50amQuote:
I may be the closest- I have the Master-5, Ref-8 and D600 and it sounds great. The D7000 sounded better to me though but I needed more isolation than it provided.
- Audio-GD Reference 7 - the new flagship DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 3 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 4 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-X11 upcoming | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone capable DAP maybe 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 7 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 7 minutes ago
- › Audioquest Nighthawk MINT includes balanced Audioquest cable 7 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear