or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . . - Page 34

post #496 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
Relax and enjoy the music and life. It is all too short my friends so make it last while you can.
Why do you always post some hippy comment like that after people call you out on spurious nonsense? As a tangential-line, arguement defusing tool it can only work so many times.
post #497 of 837
Thread Starter 
It is what I believe. You believe what you do and I will what I do. So serious about such a very positive thing, music. It's all good. :^)

edit: Besides there were good things about hippies though I admit I was sadly in Vietnam at the time, twice, in that sad and horrible war but that is off topic.

Enjoying Leonard Cohen with the JH13's and soon the 16's and a few different headphones.
post #498 of 837
The comments he made sound just like what my Protector is doing with burn-in. I'd say it has nothing to do with the ESW10 other than the synergy improving as the amp burns in.
post #499 of 837
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
The comments he made sound just like what my Protector is doing with burn-in. I'd say it has nothing to do with the ESW10 other than the synergy improving as the amp burns in.
Ah, ok, I hadn't heard a Protector from the beginning but it makes sense. I just wasn't sure since I also just changed the 10's over to balanced and there is some new wire involved.
post #500 of 837
So im wondering if anyone else is getting this with their jh-13's too, on low gain, anything past about 2:30 on the volume produces hiss, on medium anything past 12 produces hiss, and on high anything past about 9:30 does. This is all with no source plugged in as well. now in most cases those volumes would blow my ears out if i started music, i was jsut curious
post #501 of 837
Thread Starter 
I get a little hiss around 2:30 or 3 on medium gain. But as you state, a person would lose their hearing at that volume so it is of little consequence.
post #502 of 837
For the most part, the protector has almost no hiss with my x10's which is nice. I have about 50 hours on it right now and the bass is finally starting to open up. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like when I hit 100-200 hours
post #503 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post
So im wondering if anyone else is getting this with their jh-13's too, on low gain, anything past about 2:30 on the volume produces hiss, on medium anything past 12 produces hiss, and on high anything past about 9:30 does. This is all with no source plugged in as well. now in most cases those volumes would blow my ears out if i started music, i was jsut curious
I didn't notice hiss when I tried the amp, but I did notice buzzing/interference in the left channel--the kind of noise you get when a blackberry or cell phone is nearby. There was a ThinkPad, presumably with WiFi, about 4 feet away.
post #504 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post
haha, so how does it work then? im really just curious.
Each channel needs + and -. Not +,+ or -,-.

Regarding the burn-in, I'm not sure if I believe it but if you really want to burn-in without using your phones, you can just make a dummy load, using a pair of resistors.
post #505 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
Each channel needs + and -. Not +,+ or -,-.

Regarding the burn-in, I'm not sure if I believe it but if you really want to burn-in without using your phones, you can just make a dummy load, using a pair of resistors.
i understand that each channel needs + and -, i dont think you read my post correctly, i was refering to single ended operation, that the -'s for each channel wouldnt be getting used.
post #506 of 837
unsubscribe.
post #507 of 837
I didn't realise that's how you subscribe to a thread.. that will save me the trouble of coming back again and again! Thanks!
post #508 of 837
subscribe.
post #509 of 837
My Protector doesn't buzz from my iPhone right next to it, using 3G or Wifi. I haven't tried it without my Mophie Juice Pack Air hard-case, which could be blocking some of the RFI.
post #510 of 837
Mine didnt buzz either, with my iPhone and wirelessly connected laptop right next to it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . .