or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . . - Page 20

post #286 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
I don't actually see any problem with RSA figuring paypal charges into their pricing. That is pretty standard business practice.
Justin didn't charge me the Paypal fees for my Pico Slim
post #287 of 837
Did Justin accept any other means of payment?

If he didn't work paypal fees into his profit margins, he made a bit of a mistake.

Sometimes you will find companies presenting an "online discount" or "direct debit discount", which is a dishonest way of saying they are charging for the extra costs involved in other means of payment.

Every business takes all costs into account when setting prices.

RSA could have said "special discount for money order" - it would have amounted to the same thing but been a bit less honest.

RSA are being transparent about the paypal costs, I have no problem with that.
post #288 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
Every business takes all costs into account when setting prices.
x2. Anyway it's not the end of the world..

Can't wait to compare both amps with my JH13s !
post #289 of 837
Agreed.

Gripes regarding customer service aside, I'm really looking forward to hearing what this amp, and balanced sound, can do for my phones
post #290 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfillion View Post
x2. Anyway it's not the end of the world..

Can't wait to compare both amps with my JH13s !
The JH13Pro doesn't work balanced does it without major customisation?
post #291 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
The JH13Pro doesn't work balanced does it without major customisation?
I have the TWag balanced cable for my JH13s
post #292 of 837
yeah, dont know that I would call retermination 'major customization'
post #293 of 837
LMAO!

I guess I'm not looking forward to trying this amp!

Ray Samuel's just refunded my pay pal account!

Never let it be said Ray Samuel's is petty or that he considers his business practices beyond rational critique!

What a champ!
post #294 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
Did Justin accept any other means of payment?

If he didn't work paypal fees into his profit margins, he made a bit of a mistake.

Sometimes you will find companies presenting an "online discount" or "direct debit discount", which is a dishonest way of saying they are charging for the extra costs involved in other means of payment.

Every business takes all costs into account when setting prices.

RSA could have said "special discount for money order" - it would have amounted to the same thing but been a bit less honest.

RSA are being transparent about the paypal costs, I have no problem with that.
If you are suggesting that I would have slightly lower prices if PayPal did not take any fees, you are wrong. I don't even bother adding up costs anymore because it doesn't change what I want to build and it doesn't change what people are willing to pay. The "cost" is that not accepting PayPal means sales would be much lower. It is against PayPal's rules to charge a fee, same with charging extra credit card payments. I happen to believe a good # of people would not be willing to pay the fee knowing that they're not responsible for it. No store would get away with tacking on 3-4% because you used a credit card

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #295 of 837
Fair play to you Justin, that's very good natured of you.

Most business men would figure pay pal costs into their price if they intended to sell via pay pal, that's all I was saying. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

EDIT - and it is extremely common (in the UK at least) for businesses to offer a "discount" for using methods of payment that don't incur them a charge - a dishonest way of saying they are going to charge you for the cost incurred.

EDIT AGAIN - I hope you didn't think I was referring to you when I said "other businesses" in the post you quoted? I wasn't at all. I have no issues with your business in any way.
post #296 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
If you are suggesting that I would have slightly lower prices if PayPal did not take any fees, you are wrong. I don't even bother adding up costs anymore because it doesn't change what I want to build and it doesn't change what people are willing to pay. The "cost" is that not accepting PayPal means sales would be much lower. It is against PayPal's rules to charge a fee, same with charging extra credit card payments. I happen to believe a good # of people would not be willing to pay the fee knowing that they're not responsible for it. No store would get away with tacking on 3-4% because you used a credit card
Agreed 100%
post #297 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
Fair play to you Justin, that's very good natured of you.

Most business men would figure pay pal costs into their price if they intended to sell via pay pal, that's all I was saying. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

EDIT - and it is extremely common (in the UK at least) for businesses to offer a "discount" for using methods of payment that don't incur them a charge - a dishonest way of saying they are going to charge you for the cost incurred.

EDIT AGAIN - I hope you didn't think I was referring to you when I said "other businesses" in the post you quoted? I wasn't at all. I have no issues with your business in any way.
I only responded because you said my name in the first sentence of the post I quoted. Did you also know that the 3% fee is the base rate? The rate goes down to 2.2% if >10k is received monthly or 1.9% if >100k monthly.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #298 of 837
Well if people think it is bad form to charge the customer charges, I'm not going to argue with them. I'm a bit more cynical I guess and I expect that sort of thing from any business as inevitable.

Complaining about getting no confirmation email after a hefty money transfer and then being refunded and refused an amp as "punishment" I find a little harder to rationalise... To be honest it is the sort of behaviour you'd expect from a spoilt five year old.
post #299 of 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
I only responded because you said my name in the first sentence of the post I quoted. Did you also know that the 3% fee is the base rate? The rate goes down to 2.2% if >10k is received monthly or 1.9% if >100k monthly.
Fair play dude, I realise it was deceptively worded. Rest assured, I was genuinely not having a pop at you or your business.

I didn't realise that (about the base rates), it is interesting but perhaps a point for Ray Samuel's to respond to since I have now had my custom refused by him it's really nothing to do with me.
post #300 of 837
There have been discussions in other threads about Ray's business pratices not following the norm. Ray is an artist. If you've evr met him, you know this right away.
It is not his responability to conform. If you choose not to purchase from RSA because you don't like his way of doing things, So be it. There are plenty of us out there willing to bend a bit for the advantages of what we consider "art" and music to us is art.
High end audio, especially portable audio is a niche, that you cannot place against normal business models.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . .