New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxman P1u Loaner program and reviews! - Page 6

post #76 of 89
This is one of the most honest and well written posts i've read here in a long time...
Makes me want to have a Luxman biggrin.gif
post #77 of 89

Many thanks . . . comes from genuine enthusiasm!

post #78 of 89
Great post greff, it almost makes me nostalgic of my electro-dynamic days. I am pretty sure I would have got myself a p1u (or even a p1 which could be found used from the dealer at about 700usd at the time!) if it wasn't for my going to the stax route...

I also found it very organic and natural, a perfect complement to keep the hd800 under control. Somehow, I imagine a bit dark tonal balance with the hd650 but never tried though.
post #79 of 89

Yes, a tad dark, very mellow and warm.  I must favor that kind of sound.  I have had the HD800 a couple of times.  I imagine that the P-1u/HD800 combination would be stellar if you wanted dynamic headphones.  HD600 is wonderful with the Luxman.

post #80 of 89

Does it worth to use XLR input of P-1u if I am planning to use unbalanced output of my source? In this case I am going to make RCA -> XLR custom interconnect cable.

post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubselect View Post

Does it worth to use XLR input of P-1u if I am planning to use unbalanced output of my source? In this case I am going to make RCA -> XLR custom interconnect cable.

 

No, just use the SE input. The amp itself isn't balanced internally and the balanced input is converted.

post #82 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

 

No, just use the SE input. The amp itself isn't balanced internally and the balanced input is converted.

Thank you very much!

post #83 of 89

has anyone tried k1000 with Luxman P1
k1000 should sound better than P1u

could P1 be one of the best amp for k1000 as well?


Edited by goohsm - 10/4/12 at 12:05am
post #84 of 89

I have just bought a Luxman P1-u off eBay for $2,000, and am keenly awaiting delivery.

 

I use a Luxman DA-200 just now with my Sennheiser HD800's and that pairing is wonderful.  With the P1-u, I will feed that from my Dell Laptop and Chord QuteHD (with Squeez Upgrade Power Supply).  Based on the Luxman/Sennheiser combo I have now, I must say that that pairing is stunning.  Am really looking forward to losing myself in the Chord/P1-u/HD800 system.

 

Thanks to all who provided such worthy, detailed and eloquent reviews.

 

Bob

post #85 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24bitbob View Post
 

I have just bought a Luxman P1-u off eBay for $2,000, and am keenly awaiting delivery.

 

I use a Luxman DA-200 just now with my Sennheiser HD800's and that pairing is wonderful.  With the P1-u, I will feed that from my Dell Laptop and Chord QuteHD (with Squeez Upgrade Power Supply).  Based on the Luxman/Sennheiser combo I have now, I must say that that pairing is stunning.  Am really looking forward to losing myself in the Chord/P1-u/HD800 system.

 

Thanks to all who provided such worthy, detailed and eloquent reviews.

 

Bob

 

 

I just got a P1u myself-and must say the pairing with the HD800 is stunning! The tonality/timbre and textures are incredible with the Senns. My only gripe is it lacks some transparency compared to other amps I've owned-but that is offset by the rich, organic sound it provides in spades to the HD800. I'd imagine there are a number of headphones that it wouldn't pair well with-but it's ridiculous with the Senn.

 

-Daniel

post #86 of 89

I'm auditioning P1U right now and I have to say that I'm not impressed by the sound of $3K headphone amp.

The soundstage is narrow, not as wide as some other members stated , the instrument separation and transparency are not at hi-fi level . sometimes I could hear the  violin and the cello fighting and smearing each other

Even  my M2Tech Vaughan builtin amp reveals  much more details  than Luxman P1U . The only one thing the Luxman does better is  the bass which , I have to admit, is very good defined and articulated.

Having said that, I expected much more from Luxman P1U.

 

But again it's all human perception.  


Edited by vovkinson - 12/6/13 at 10:52am
post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovkinson View Post
 

I'm auditioning P1U right now and I have to say that I'm not impressed by the sound of $3K headphone amp.

The soundstage is narrow, not as wide as some other members stated , the instrument separation and transparency are not at hi-fi level . sometimes I could hear the  violin and the cello fighting and smearing each other

Even  my M2Tech Vaughan builtin amp reveals  much more details  than Luxman P1U . The only one thing the Luxman does better is  the bass which , I have to admit, is very good defined and articulated.

Having said that, I expected much more from Luxman P1U.

 

But again it's all human perception.  


It sounds better now. this amp really needs some "break-in" before it starts singing. I usually do not believe in any break-in theory ...but my experience talks otherwise.

Indeed , very good amp. Better than everything I've tried so far ( I like it more than my friend's W22 and GS-X mk2)

post #88 of 89

HI 

FORGIV ME FOR MY VERY BAD ENGLISH

 

I HAVE  THE P-1U  /HD 800 /T1/

W1000X/990-600/ESW11LTD

 

AND THE LEEHMAN BCL AS BEST FOR OTHER PHONS 

 

THE P-1U /HD800  ARE  THE BEST FOR OPERA .AND  CLSSCAL MUSIC BUT .ONT ONLY

THE SOURCE  IS 

 

REGA DAC  WM8742

MARANZ CDA-94 IS FAR MOST MUSIC  OF ALL TDA 1541

DCD-1650AR

CDP-XA50ES

CDP=337ESD   16 BIT TDA 1541

 

THE LUXMAN P-1U IS FOR ME BEING THER  IN THE HALL 

OUTSTENDING  IMIGE  - WELL WERY WEY WAED SPERAD  L+R+ HIGH   AS IT WAS RECORDED

 

WELL DIFIND LEYERS  OF VERY GOOD SOUND  AS  OLD RCA /DECCA WAGNAR -SOLTI  RING 

 

BEST SIBELUS  3 SYMPHONY BRBEROLI   HALLE-EMI

 

AND 1960.:S   DGG 

 

THE LUXMAN 1PU . IS  BY MY  35 YEARS  OR MORE IN  MUSIC  LOVER   -MUSIC  TO BE HERD AS IS 

 

FOR THE BAD OR GOOD .IT IS ALL IN OUR RECORDINGS 

 

BEST REGARDS 

 

SONY ES 

 

ISRAEL

post #89 of 89

 

 Marantz SA11S1 

 

LUXMAN  P-1U

 

HD800/T1

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: TTVJ Premier Sponsor Forum