I should have mine in a few days. Will be nice to tear into it. Im getting into DIY alot more now, I recently built a Cmoy, and Recabled my headphones. My soldering skill has greatly improved, and im thinking of tackling SMD soldering soon. I've also learned the basics of the Digital Multimeader, I don't know how I ever got along without one before. I also learned how to use Solder wick, what a piece of cake. I picked up some much better tools (soldering station, nice tweezers, solder wick, nice multimeader etc) Just using better tools helps so much, it's ridiculous how crappy the radio shack iron is! I never could get solder out of the holes in thru-hole de-soldering, until I mastered the solder wick, makes it so easy! Im going to do some more small projects, and continue my DIY journey, eventually perhaps i'll be skilled enough to tackle a Beta 22 & Buffalo, with a nice Sigma 22 PSU.
Edit: Still can't fix my Valab 3.0! I've measured so many things, everything seems to be ok. I't's so strange, there must be a problem in the PSU section. All the dac chips measure correctly, the output measures right, i've checked the voltage out of every leg of every dac chip, out of the i'v resitors, out of the bead magnets, going into the output caps, going into the dac board. it's all perfect. But the dac still has Terrible blast of static when first turned on, and takes 30 seconds to 1 minute to stabilize, i've also replaced all 8 of the TDA1543's with new ones. I've triple checked all my connections, and ran several continuity test on suspect areas, i've wired Point to Point, around suspect connections. All to no avail. Also when I put the board back in the Chasis it will never stabilize, I experimented with it in the chasis, and it works fine until I screw the Dac board down, even 1 screw int he dac board will cause it to never stabilize. I've checked and rechecked for shorts, there are none, unless there's a bad connection between the Dac Sockets and the board somewhere, I can't figure out what the hell is causing this. I also experimented with putting one screw in the dac board, tightening it down, and turning the unit on, measure the output with the Multi, and it never stabilized, then while turned on, and continuing to measure output, I losen the screw several turns and bam, stabilizes.