jleewach, based on my SE530 remold, I'd say go for it! I have no issues and absolutely no sibilance issues whatsoever. They are AMAZING!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 Last post on 2/24/14 at 3:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 26686/8/10 at 6:06pmQuote:
Good to hear; although for his sake (and clarification) you aren't going to have a high chance of sibilance with an IEM that doesn't have an emphasis in the higher frequencies; IEMs with an emphasis or pronunciation in the treble have a higher chance of carrying that across :/post #318 of 26686/9/10 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Young Spade
Good to hear; although for his sake (and clarification) you aren't going to have a high chance of sibilance with an IEM that doesn't have an emphasis in the higher frequencies; IEMs with an emphasis or pronunciation in the treble have a higher chance of carrying that across :/
exactly what I was thinking. If anything, I wonder if it might improve the 420's treble a bit... I have the 420's and a pair of Klipsch custom 3's that I'm also interested in doing. I'm debating on which one I should choose. The Custom 3's do have higher treble emphasis, so I wonder if they would be riskier.post #319 of 26686/28/10 at 12:00pm
Quote:Originally Posted by mnagali
when I re-shipped my customs to Fisher for my refits, they actually redid my entire mold including the faceplate. I've had these new ones back for almost two months now and they still fit & sound perfectly! anyways school is finally winding down so I had some time to take these updated pics :)
in regards with that other thread of how I wear mine: loop over the ear to behind my neck, but then I wear the wire down in front with a shirt clip :)
How did you get them curved like that? Most of the earlier moulds seem to stick out slightly at the bottom, yours look much better and completely flush.
post #320 of 26686/30/10 at 8:37am
I just got my TF10 custom last night (FYI, it looks like the wait time is no longer 15 days like they promised), the sound is changed just alittle, more distant and bass response is increased.. which is not a huge issue compared to the fitting! The fit is way too tight, almost feel like it's too big for my ear, to the point it was pretty painful to wear them. And of course with that being said, they are not flushed to my ears at all. I'm by no means a stranger to IEM, I've worn IEM (Shure E2) for more than 4 years now playing in the band.
So like many of you here, I gave Kaysen a call this morning about the fit issue. She said to return them, but I was never given a return label and finally she said she will email me their shipping account number.
Just curious... Do any of you have to pay shipping back to them due to fit/ sound issues? Cause from what I read here, Fisher's responsible for shipping back and forth. I'm confused????
PS: I will try and post some pics tonight.post #321 of 26686/30/10 at 9:05ampost #322 of 26686/30/10 at 9:53am
I sent them via USPS on June 1st, and I believe they received them by the 3rd or 4th.
I was very excited to finally get them back last night, but after trying them on.. I'm having mix feelings. I hope that Fisher can fix the fit issue. Cause now, I don't see how I can use them.. there goes my TF10 :(
Still waiting on Kaysen's email for their shipping account number...... until then I'm stuck with these unuseable IEMs.....post #323 of 26686/30/10 at 10:27ampost #324 of 26686/30/10 at 11:39ampost #325 of 26686/30/10 at 12:12pmpost #326 of 26686/30/10 at 1:56pmQuote:
Received: 05/13/10 (Next Day Shipping)
Express Mail $21.05
Priority Mail $5.44
Received: 06/03/10 (UPS Ground)post #327 of 26686/30/10 at 7:25pm
Thanks for the details!! Looks like it only take over a week for the refit. I just tried wearing them again... and yup still hurts :( I was hoping that it was just the first day impression...
Did you have the same problem as I do, fitting's too tight?post #328 of 26686/30/10 at 9:14pm
Well, my truly custom, Klipsch custom 3 remolds came back today. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ the fit, design & sound quality. I wasn't expecting the sq to improve, but the dual bores really seem to bring out the soundstage. Unfortunately, all is not completely well. The right earpiece is randomly going in & out. Sometimes, it will play perfectly, others, it's completely dead.. Oh well, I wasnt really expecting things to go completely perfect w/ this type of process. I'll be sending them back out & hopefully they can be fixed. Photos below (I went for transparent black body w/ transparent orange faceplates, as close of a 'tribute' to the custom 3 colors as I could get).post #329 of 26687/1/10 at 3:20amHad the same problem. Slighty bend the pins and put them back in. It worked for me.Quote:Originally Posted by jleewach
Well, my truly custom, Klipsch custom 3 remolds came back today. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ the fit, design & sound quality. I wasn't expecting the sq to improve, but the dual bores really seem to bring out the soundstage. Unfortunately, all is not completely well. The right earpiece is randomly going in & out. Sometimes, it will play perfectly, others, it's completely dead.. Oh well, I wasnt really expecting things to go completely perfect w/ this type of process. I'll be sending them back out & hopefully they can be fixed. Photos below (I went for transparent black body w/ transparent orange faceplates, as close of a 'tribute' to the custom 3 colors as I could get).
post #330 of 26687/1/10 at 7:56amQuote:
I'm sorry, but could you elaborate on how you bent the pins? Kaysen told me I'd pretty much have to return them to get fixed & I dont want to break the cable connection... I'm clumsy that way.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 26 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Neutrality/Fidelity 1 minute ago
- › B&W P3 + Grado / Alessandro - Good combo? 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob