Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 22

post #316 of 2668

jleewach, based on my SE530 remold, I'd say go for it! I have no issues and absolutely no sibilance issues whatsoever. They are AMAZING!

post #317 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by vo328 View Post

jleewach, based on my SE530 remold, I'd say go for it! I have no issues and absolutely no sibilance issues whatsoever. They are AMAZING!


Good to hear; although for his sake (and clarification) you aren't going to have a high chance of sibilance with an IEM that doesn't have an emphasis in the higher frequencies; IEMs with an emphasis or pronunciation in the treble have a higher chance of carrying that across :/

post #318 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Spade View Post




Good to hear; although for his sake (and clarification) you aren't going to have a high chance of sibilance with an IEM that doesn't have an emphasis in the higher frequencies; IEMs with an emphasis or pronunciation in the treble have a higher chance of carrying that across :/



exactly what I was thinking. If anything, I wonder if it might improve the 420's treble a bit... I have the 420's and a pair of Klipsch custom 3's that I'm also interested in doing. I'm debating on which one I should choose. The Custom 3's do have higher treble emphasis, so I wonder if they would be riskier.

post #319 of 2668


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnagali View Post

when I re-shipped my customs to Fisher for my refits, they actually redid my entire mold including the faceplate.  I've had these new ones back for almost two months now and they still fit & sound perfectly!  anyways school is finally winding down so I had some time to take these updated pics :)

 

th_IMG_0724.jpg th_IMG_0726.jpg th_IMG_0745.jpg th_IMG_0746.jpg th_IMG_0748.jpg

 

in regards with that other thread of how I wear mine: loop over the ear to behind my neck, but then I wear the wire down in front with a shirt clip :)

How did you get them curved like that? Most of the earlier moulds seem to stick out slightly at the bottom, yours look much better and completely flush.
 

post #320 of 2668

 

I just got my TF10 custom last night (FYI, it looks like the wait time is no longer 15 days like they promised), the sound is changed just alittle, more distant and bass response is increased.. which is not a huge issue compared to the fitting! The fit is way too tight, almost feel like it's too big for my ear, to the point it was pretty painful to wear them. And of course with that being said, they are not flushed to my ears at all. I'm by no means a stranger to IEM, I've worn IEM (Shure E2) for more than 4 years now playing in the band.

 

So like many of you here, I gave Kaysen a call this morning about the fit issue. She said to return them, but I was never given a return label and finally she said she will email me their shipping account number.

 

Just curious... Do any of you have to pay shipping back to them due to fit/ sound issues? Cause from what I read here, Fisher's responsible for shipping back and forth. I'm confused????

 

PS: I will try and post some pics tonight.

post #321 of 2668
Congrats on getting yours back sorry you have to get a refit. When did they receive your IEMs to reshell them initially?
post #322 of 2668

I sent them via USPS on June 1st, and I believe they received them by the 3rd or 4th.

 

I was very excited to finally get them back last night, but after trying them on.. I'm having mix feelings. I hope that Fisher can fix the fit issue. Cause now, I don't see how I can use them.. there goes my TF10 :(

 

Still waiting on Kaysen's email for their shipping account number...... until then I'm stuck with these unuseable IEMs.....

post #323 of 2668

Wow they have had mine since May 28th and they are supposed to ship tomorrow.

post #324 of 2668

When I shipped mine back for a refit/tweak I had to pay for shipping to them, they paid for shipping back to me. That was about a month ago.

post #325 of 2668

Ohhh yeah.. did you send it back using usps or ups? I'm actually from Portland too ;) just curious how much did you spend on shipping? and how long does it take to get the refit back? thanks!

post #326 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by djamin View Post

Ohhh yeah.. did you send it back using usps or ups? I'm actually from Portland too ;) just curious how much did you spend on shipping? and how long does it take to get the refit back? thanks!

 

Remold+Impressions:
Sent: 04/27/10
Delivered: 04/28/10
Received: 05/13/10 (Next Day Shipping)

Express Mail $21.05
Insurance $2.15
Total $23.20


Refit/tweak:
Priority Mail $5.44
Insurance $6.70
Total $12.14

Sent: 05/18/10
Delivered: 05/20/10
Received: 06/03/10 (UPS Ground)

post #327 of 2668

deviatione

Thanks for the details!! Looks like it only take over a week for the refit. I just tried wearing them again... and yup still hurts :( I was hoping that it was just the first day impression...

 

Did you have the same problem as I do, fitting's too tight?

post #328 of 2668

Well, my truly custom, Klipsch custom 3 remolds came back today. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ the fit, design & sound quality. I wasn't expecting the sq to improve, but the dual bores really seem to bring out the soundstage. Unfortunately, all is not completely well. The right earpiece is randomly going in & out. Sometimes, it will play perfectly, others, it's completely dead.. Oh well, I wasnt really expecting things to go completely perfect w/ this type of process. I'll be sending them back out & hopefully they can be fixed. Photos below (I went for transparent black body w/ transparent orange faceplates, as close of a 'tribute' to the custom 3 colors as I could get). 

 

9lj1ms.jpg

aub29d.jpg

9lj1ms.jpg

post #329 of 2668
Had the same problem. Slighty bend the pins and put them back in. It worked for me.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jleewach View Post


Well, my truly custom, Klipsch custom 3 remolds came back today. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ the fit, design & sound quality. I wasn't expecting the sq to improve, but the dual bores really seem to bring out the soundstage. Unfortunately, all is not completely well. The right earpiece is randomly going in & out. Sometimes, it will play perfectly, others, it's completely dead.. Oh well, I wasnt really expecting things to go completely perfect w/ this type of process. I'll be sending them back out & hopefully they can be fixed. Photos below (I went for transparent black body w/ transparent orange faceplates, as close of a 'tribute' to the custom 3 colors as I could get). 



 



9lj1ms.jpg



aub29d.jpg



9lj1ms.jpg


post #330 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwallman View Post

Had the same problem. Slighty bend the pins and put them back in. It worked for me.


 


 



I'm sorry, but could you elaborate on how you bent the pins? Kaysen told me I'd pretty much have to return them to get fixed & I dont want to break the cable connection... I'm clumsy that way.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread