Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 183

post #2731 of 2758

I'm probably getting a JH5 soon, should I be considering a reshell from InEarz? I'm from Malaysia btw, so there's the shipping that goes into consideration. I wouldn't want to have to do multiple refits, as the rates would add up substantially. What do they charge for a normal reshell(I still have the stock cables and everything)?

post #2732 of 2758
150 for a standard Reshell I believe
post #2733 of 2758

I had my two pairs done a few years ago and the TF-10's just died (no bass).

Thinking of another pair. What are people resheling now? Whats popular?

post #2734 of 2758
There's a jh5 in the fs forum I has a thousand sounds ts842 thinking of going back to thst
post #2735 of 2758

Quick question: I like the Ultimate Ears CIEM cable: is it possible to use the new one with a custom remold from InEarZ ? 

post #2736 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow View Post
 

Quick question: I like the Ultimate Ears CIEM cable: is it possible to use the new one with a custom remold from InEarZ ? 

 

Just have them use the same sockets the cable is being used with now. I have had the stock TF10 sockets used for 2 remolds, never had issues with any cable working that fits the TF10 sockets.

post #2737 of 2758

I'm a newb here and I would like to know what people think about combining my 425's and 315's.  Is there any real benefit?  

post #2738 of 2758
Hihi, I'm not sure how active this thread is, but I sent kaysen an email and got no reply

I have a pair of UE11s I want to get remolded. What's the process like to getting this done? (and is it even possible for these headphones?)

I'm currently in the States but I'm going back to Canada in a few weeks, I want to send them over now to avoid the crazy shipping from Canada scenario, but I'm okay with receiving them back in Canada and paying the shipping there. Is that fine? Also, how do I package and insure the molds and IEMs? So many questions :/
post #2739 of 2758

Use the phone number on the website during normal business hours - it is easier to get in touch that way - sometimes they get swamped and emails get lower priority... Oh, and they excel at remolding your UE11's.. so no worries there.

post #2740 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

Use the phone number on the website during normal business hours - it is easier to get in touch that way - sometimes they get swamped and emails get lower priority... Oh, and they excel at remolding your UE11's.. so no worries there.

Wow that was an awesomely quick reply. Thanks! I'll give them a call as soon as possible (y)
post #2741 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

Wow that was an awesomely quick reply. Thanks! I'll give them a call as soon as possible (y)


Yeah, inearz would knock these out of the park.....amazing company
post #2742 of 2758
Inearz does an awesome job reshelling they've done my TF10s and 3 jh16s. The molds should be silicone and my audiologist gave me a little box to ship them in he said they are ok bouncing around there. Just call them like said above Kaysen is very nice and Inearz is very accommodating with your requests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

Hihi, I'm not sure how active this thread is, but I sent kaysen an email and got no reply

I have a pair of UE11s I want to get remolded. What's the process like to getting this done? (and is it even possible for these headphones?)

I'm currently in the States but I'm going back to Canada in a few weeks, I want to send them over now to avoid the crazy shipping from Canada scenario, but I'm okay with receiving them back in Canada and paying the shipping there. Is that fine? Also, how do I package and insure the molds and IEMs? So many questions :/
post #2743 of 2758
post #2744 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow View Post
 

Quick question: I like the Ultimate Ears CIEM cable: is it possible to use the new one with a custom remold from InEarZ ? 

It might be too late, but here you go...  The "new" UE custom cable is for protruding sockets, the only place that I have seen that does this is UM.  BUT... if you use the stock TF10 sockets as Watagump did, you might be able to get a decent fit as the stock TF10 sockets stick out a bit not as much as UE's customs but a bit more than normal.  You can always probably a file and file off a bit of the plastic housing on the new UE cables to get a good fit.  

 

I hope they don't get mad at me for saying this, but I sent some MMCX connectors (Shure, Westone) with my old CIEMS and they used those when they reshelled instead of the normal existing 2 pin connector.  I figured MMCX was the future and as more companies are using them I figured I would try to use those.  At any rate, they fit and functioned perfectly with some UE900 cables I already had.  I'm just working with Inearz to see if I can get a "flusher" fit, but so far everything seems good.  I would def recommend them at this point.  $150 for a custom reshell, and slightly less for a universal to custom.

post #2745 of 2758

They do great work - I love my JH16FP Pros.... Crystal clear shell and recessed sockets on a 8 driver CIEM...

 

 

*

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread