Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 174

post #2596 of 2818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

Has anyone had them reshell UE900's? They say they can use the original cables, which might be nice since the iPhone cable is decent - I just worry with the MMX connectors, that the pressure from removing the cable could loosen the mount.. 

 

I may be overthinking this :blink:


They've done it before, there's a red one on their FB page.  I'm not sure about the connectors though.  I was considering doing my UE 900's too but I don't think they would reproduce the pinhole vent on them.

post #2597 of 2818
Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchupNinja View Post
 


They've done it before, there's a red one on their FB page.  I'm not sure about the connectors though.  I was considering doing my UE 900's too but I don't think they would reproduce the pinhole vent on them.

I wonder how the sound is - might be a bit different (maybe that's not a bad thing - open it up a bit) the ones on the FB page are dual bore.

 

**thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

 

(looks like they went with Westone connectors if you look closely)

post #2598 of 2818

Just got new ear impressions today, and ready to ship my JH13pros overnight tomorrow to InEarZ for reshell work.

 

I would like to get the recessed sockets for cable - do I need to get a cable that's specific for recessed socket use?

Or can Kaysen make recessed sockets for stock UE/JH cable?

 

I think it's totally worth the extra $20 for the added sturdiness of the cable connection.

This was my biggest annoyance with my old UE10Pro Customs - cable pins getting loose and slipping out.

 

One thing that worries me about getting recessed sockets is that I saw several instances of cable tips breaking, leaving the pins and tips inside the recessed sockets.

I also read somewhere that recessed sockets becomes the weak point of the shell, making the shell prone to break around it.  

 

Kaysen or anyone who got their IEMs reshelled by InEarZ with recessed sockets, can you share your insights on these concerns?

  

Thank you in advance for any comments or advice!

post #2599 of 2818
My 4r's were reshelled by inearz and I haven't had any issues with them. However I have only unplugged/plugged them in a few times, I always try not to make that a habit.
post #2600 of 2818
Quote:
Originally Posted by proforeigner View Post
 

One thing that worries me about getting recessed sockets is that I saw several instances of cable tips breaking, leaving the pins and tips inside the recessed sockets.

I also read somewhere that recessed sockets becomes the weak point of the shell, making the shell prone to break around it.  

 

Kaysen or anyone who got their IEMs reshelled by InEarZ with recessed sockets, can you share your insights on these concerns?

  

Thank you in advance for any comments or advice!

The cable tips break and leave the pins inside more without the recess. The recessed socket protects the pins and forces the user not to bend the cable at the pin connection to the socket.

I haven't seen any orders come in with broken pins with a recessed socket. All of the broken cables or sockets I have seen are due to stress and bending of the cable on a flush mounted socket.

 

Hope this helps :)

post #2601 of 2818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

My 4r's were reshelled by inearz and I haven't had any issues with them. However I have only unplugged/plugged them in a few times, I always try not to make that a habit.


I agree with this 100%. If you leave the cables in place, you reduce your risk tremendously.

Removing the cable also stretches out the sockets and makes the cable connection loose.

post #2602 of 2818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Fish View Post
 

The cable tips break and leave the pins inside more without the recess. The recessed socket protects the pins and forces the user not to bend the cable at the pin connection to the socket.

I haven't seen any orders come in with broken pins with a recessed socket. All of the broken cables or sockets I have seen are due to stress and bending of the cable on a flush mounted socket.

 

Hope this helps :)

Thank you very much for this!  Just called and added the recessed sockets option. :)

post #2603 of 2818

Recessed sockets totally worth the $20 to protect the pins esp if you have an expensive aftermarket cable.  I've got it done on my JH16 and will with every reshell in the future.

post #2604 of 2818

Well, I just got my headphone lounge cable for my IE-P450's, and I will say it really opened them up.  I was considering sending them back for the 6 or 8 driver models, but after using the silver cable, I think I will wait a bit.  This is my first CIEM, after going through a handful of different universal IEM's.  The quality of the CIEM's is superb.  To me, they are a very "fun" sounding IEM, where the mids are quite coherent, the treble sparkles, and the bass lets you know its there without messing with the upper frequency ranges.  They aren't quite up to par with my SE846's (especially in terms of bass), but I made a point to remember that when I first started listening to them that they are half the price.  Honestly, I almost enjoy listening to them as much as my SE846's, so I think these are a great value for the money that InEarz charges for them.  Very reasonably priced, with Kaysen & Kim offering great customer service, turn-around time, and a great product.  Though I haven't heard any of them, I would find it hard to believe that a CIEM from JH, Heir, Noble etc., would be worth 2-3 times the price of the InEarz line of IEM's.

 

 

 

post #2605 of 2818
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionz View Post

Well, I just got my headphone lounge cable for my IE-P450's, and I will say it really opened them up.  I was considering sending them back for the 6 or 8 driver models, but after using the silver cable, I think I will wait a bit.  This is my first CIEM, after going through a handful of different universal IEM's.  The quality of the CIEM's is superb.  To me, they are a very "fun" sounding IEM, where the mids are quite coherent, the treble sparkles, and the bass lets you know its there without messing with the upper frequency ranges.  They aren't quite up to par with my SE846's (especially in terms of bass), but I made a point to remember that when I first started listening to them that they are half the price.  Honestly, I almost enjoy listening to them as much as my SE846's, so I think these are a great value for the money that InEarz charges for them.  Very reasonably priced, with Kaysen & Kim offering great customer service, turn-around time, and a great product.  Though I haven't heard any of them, I would find it hard to believe that a CIEM from JH, Heir, Noble etc., would be worth 2-3 times the price of the InEarz line of IEM's.









At first I wasn't. A big fan of the 450s but after EQing them a bit, they sound absolutely amazing.....at work Today I said out loud, oh my god while listening to broken bells, they just shine on every aspect
post #2606 of 2818

Having a hard time finding reviews of Inearz house CIEMs - they seem like they are priced right, but not a lot of feedback regarding sound quality - and which model is known for what quality (extended bass, neutral, v-shaped, etc..)

 

I have a pair of W4R I am going to have reshelled and absent a second pair for reshelling, I was wondering about their customs...

 

I'll keep searching...

 

EDIT: Now I see the 450's mentioned above :blink: 

 

EDIT: Inearz has the IE-P650 on sale for 10% off - anyone have any experience?


Edited by Ivabign - 2/26/14 at 4:39pm
post #2607 of 2818

There's very little info that I know of here. Most people here go for the remolds. 

post #2608 of 2818

I would absolutely love to be able to hear their house CIEMs. Unfortunately funds dictate that I won't be, at least for some time. The remolds I have are excellent and I'd expect the same quality from their own models, but that doesn't speak much to the sound they produce.

post #2609 of 2818
Just got my impressions done and sent in my Earsonic SM3's this afternoon for a remold. Can't wait for InEarZ to work their magic and send them on back!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
post #2610 of 2818
My jh13 and impressions are delivered to their office today, can't wait for them to work their magic either!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread