Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 163

post #2431 of 2668

Hm, so much for the build quality...

post #2432 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by autash View Post
 

Something weird happened with my reshells. I've had em for about 4 months now, and the part where the cable enters the shell disintegrated.The sound seemed weaker on one side so I pulled out that side and that little area fell apart. I'll post pics later.

that is really weird….I have had my reshells for over three years, then had them reshelled again because I wanted a different color shame and they are still holding up….I use them every single day too….Send them back and Fisher will take care of it….Great customer service

post #2433 of 2668

Yeah I'll send em over, it's just strange that it happened so I was wondering if anyone had similar problems. I don't even use them that much but I leave them next to an AC unit, so maybe constant cold could have caused it?

 

post #2434 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by St0rMl0rD View Post
 

Hm, so much for the build quality...

the build quality is actually very good….

post #2435 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by autash View Post
 

Yeah I'll send em over, it's just strange that it happened so I was wondering if anyone had similar problems. I don't even use them that much but I leave them next to an AC unit, so maybe constant cold could have caused it?

 

Being next to the AC unit sounds like a highly probable cause.  The pin housing is one of the weakest parts of the acrylic shell. Extreme cold temperature and variants of plastic material does not pair well. 

post #2436 of 2668

Just received my remolded IEMs yesterday from InEarZ. Overall, very happy with the service! The turnaround time was a lot quicker than I expected, especially since I'm in Australia.

 

I sent my impressions to them on the 1st November, and received the invoice on the 15th November. Shipping only took 4-5 days, which is incredible - I often wait up to a month for shipments from the US. Kudos to Kaysen, who was very helpful throughout the process.

 

In terms of fit, they seal properly and are very comfortable. I'm so glad they worked out fine on the first go, since I wanted to avoid shipping them back across the world, not to mention the additional time it would take. I ordered a cable from Chris_Himself just before sending my impressions to InEarZ, but still haven't heard back from him, despite trying to contact him a couple of times, so I haven't been able to test the sound.

 

Here are some pics:

 

 

 

 

 

post #2437 of 2668

I ordered my customs over a year ago and had problems with them and today I reached out to Kaysen and she was very helpful and was very willing to fix my TF10 reshells for me. I will be sending in my monitors and impressions tomorrow, I will update you guys when I get them back. Definitely feel like I'll be in good hands. :D 


Edited by infam0ussteven - 11/21/13 at 5:56pm
post #2438 of 2668

That single driver looks so lonely in there…:)

post #2439 of 2668

So, I got my JH16s back today from Inearz, I took the day off from work so I could be here when they arrived lol.  I am again very pleased with their service!  Turnaround was about 2 weeks, which is almost unheard of.

 

The shells look fantastic, I was impressed by the new finish that Inearz has achieved with the new polishing technique, it's easily as good or better than my UM customs were in the past. The pictures really don't do the shells justice they are beautiful.   

 

I requested musician's fit, triple bore, recessed sockets, and the fit is perfect.  The sound is just as I remember my old JH16, no sound signature change.  This is the second JH16 they have reshelled for me so I wasn't worried.  This is my 3rd reshell from Inearz, and they have proven to provide an excellent service, my TF10 is over 3 years old and I haven't had any problems at all.  Kaysen was very helpful and gracious in answering all my questions regarding reshells and freqphase, JH-3A etc.  

 

If you're on the fence about which company to go with: the best price, quality, and best customer service you will be very happy with Inearz.

 

 

 

post #2440 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

So, I got my JH16s back today from Inearz, I took the day off from work so I could be here when they arrived lol.  I am again very pleased with their service!  Turnaround was about 2 weeks, which is almost unheard of.

 

The shells look fantastic, I was impressed by the new finish that Inearz has achieved with the new polishing technique, it's easily as good or better than my UM customs were in the past. The pictures really don't do the shells justice they are beautiful.   

 

I requested musician's fit, triple bore, recessed sockets, and the fit is perfect.  The sound is just as I remember my old JH16, no sound signature change.  This is the second JH16 they have reshelled for me so I wasn't worried.  This is my 3rd reshell from Inearz, and they have proven to provide an excellent service, my TF10 is over 3 years old and I haven't had any problems at all.  Kaysen was very helpful and gracious in answering all my questions regarding reshells and freqphase, JH-3A etc.  

 

 

If you're on the fence about which company to go with: the best price, quality, and best customer service you will be very happy with Inearz.

 

 

 

 

Agreed! Best price, great quality and looks, good customer service too! I've done two reshells with them so far, and I would definitely recommend them.

 

congrats on your latest jh16!

post #2441 of 2668

Totally agree…..I'm getting my fourth reshell from them at the moment…….Best in the business

post #2442 of 2668

what do you mean by musician's fit…..excuse my ignorance

post #2443 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthearmsofrain View Post
 

what do you mean by musician's fit…..excuse my ignorance

 

 

Deeper fit into the canal.

post #2444 of 2668

The canal part is slightly longer than a regular fit, supposed to be a little better for sound, but less comfort, and I will be using this for stage work on the weekends..

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthearmsofrain View Post
 

what do you mean by musician's fit…..excuse my ignorance

post #2445 of 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
 

I should have asked for that too……I use mine on the weekends on stage, and listening during the week……I will contact kaysen

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread