Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 154

post #2296 of 2742
Had my tf10 reshells for a little over a year and I was taking the left side out of my ear and it cracked. Going to contact them and see how much to fix. An issue that developed over the year is the barrel insert on the mount itself loosened over time probably from attachimg and detaching the cables, anyone has this happened? Really bad luck here......one of the mount for my right piece sunk in.

Might be better if I just get new reshells. Thinking about bypassing mounts also and have direct wiring so I don't have issues i just mentioned.
post #2297 of 2742
Whoa whoa whoa, Inearz is doing reshells with silicon tips and wood inserts now? Bah, where was this a year ago frown.gif
post #2298 of 2742
You can still get wood faceplates after
post #2299 of 2742
Great to see they are still doing good work. I lost one of my buds, so I'll be coming back for another pair. I just need to find something reasonable to reshell
post #2300 of 2742

Hi Folks,

 

I had my tf10 vi's reshelled by fisher a while back, and i'm loving them.  Now, however, I'd like to get new cables for them.  I had them reshelled with just the stock tf10 vi cables (perhaps a mistake, but i didn't know any better at the time).  Anyone know if any of the UE custom cables will fit?

 

This is my current cable: http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/4f/4fa14e8a_ApBF2d1.jpeg

UE's custom cables are here: http://ultimateears.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories

And I'm thinking that this one looks like it might fit: http://ultimateears.logitech.com/assets/39842/ultimate-ears-48-inch-replacement-cable-clear-before-09-01-2010.png

 

Any thoughts very welcome!  thanks!

post #2301 of 2742

They both fit the pre and post 9/2010. I have the post on my stock TF10 and its great but I think it may fell weird on a custom TF10 because of the angle of the connector so Id go with pre 9/2010. I prefer it to epic cables Ive tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenkin View Post

Hi Folks,

 

I had my tf10 vi's reshelled by fisher a while back, and i'm loving them.  Now, however, I'd like to get new cables for them.  I had them reshelled with just the stock tf10 vi cables (perhaps a mistake, but i didn't know any better at the time).  Anyone know if any of the UE custom cables will fit?

 

This is my current cable: http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/4f/4fa14e8a_ApBF2d1.jpeg

UE's custom cables are here: http://ultimateears.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories

And I'm thinking that this one looks like it might fit: http://ultimateears.logitech.com/assets/39842/ultimate-ears-48-inch-replacement-cable-clear-before-09-01-2010.png

 

Any thoughts very welcome!  thanks!

post #2302 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

They both fit the pre and post 9/2010. I have the post on my stock TF10 and its great but I think it may fell weird on a custom TF10 because of the angle of the connector so Id go with pre 9/2010. I prefer it to epic cables Ive tried.


Thanks alv - great point!  I hadn't noticed the different angles.  One concern I have is that, right now, there's a little plastic sleeve that fits over where the mold and the cable make contact.  The pre's would leave that connection without such a sleeve.  Any thoughts about that?  thanks again.

post #2303 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell c View Post

Had my tf10 reshells for a little over a year and I was taking the left side out of my ear and it cracked. Going to contact them and see how much to fix.

 

Let me know how this goes? I signed on here because this literally JUST happened to me too, but with the right side. The date on mine read 041312, so it's about a full year since they were made. Pretty disappointing…!

post #2304 of 2742

Sent mine it, the molds were just poured, will let y'all know how they turn out. Anyone using them with post 2010 UE cables?

post #2305 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNoob View Post

Sent mine it, the molds were just poured, will let y'all know how they turn out. Anyone using them with post 2010 UE cables?

 pretty much must ciems use a universal cable...westone, ue, um, jh, frogz....all the same pretty much

 

whats the going price for fischer to remold... i know they prices have changed since the last time i got it done


Edited by TekeRugburn - 4/25/13 at 9:05am
post #2306 of 2742
[quote name="TekeRugburn" url="/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread/2295#post_938shou ld pretty much must ciems use a universal cable...westone, ue, um, jh, frogz....all the same pretty much
[/quote]

have you ever looked at them? when someone points out a specific model of cable, including a make, it should warrant a peek if you are not sure what they are referring to.

remolds are 90 and remold of customs are 150
post #2307 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNoob View Post

[quote name="TekeRugburn" url="/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread/2295#post_938shou ld pretty much must ciems use a universal cable...westone, ue, um, jh, frogz....all the same pretty much
[/quote]

have you ever looked at them? when someone points out a specific model of cable, including a make, it should warrant a peek if you are not sure what they are referring to.

remolds are 90 and remold of customs are 150

 

Kaysen (my bad if that's not her name) has said that the post 2010 cable doesnt fit. The pins are really recessed on the post 2010 cable and I think the angle of customs might make the fit weird on your ears.

And PS before you start being rude you might want to search before asking a question that HAS been answered numerous times already. 

post #2308 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

Kaysen (my bad if that's not her name) has said that the post 2010 cable doesnt fit. The pins are really recessed on the post 2010 cable and I think the angle of customs might make the fit weird on your ears.
And PS before you start being rude you might want to search before asking a question that HAS been answered numerous times already. 

There wasn't a clear answer on it that was contemporary, inearz have evolved in design, and ue changes their cables as well, and one could potentially trim the connector shielding onthe cable side. also, it is uncharacteristic of me to be blunt but posting just to post without any knowledge regarding the question shuts discussion and is rude, hence my reply
post #2309 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNoob View Post

[quote name="TekeRugburn" url="/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread/2295#post_938shou ld pretty much must ciems use a universal cable...westone, ue, um, jh, frogz....all the same pretty much
[/quote]

have you ever looked at them? when someone points out a specific model of cable, including a make, it should warrant a peek if you are not sure what they are referring to.

remolds are 90 and remold of customs are 150

yeah i have.  I was pointing out that most custom iem makers/remolders still use the universal standard old cable.  UE is primarily the only one that uses that cable as standard (post 2012 UE cable) as its a UE cable.

 

So calm down; its not that serious.

 

I've been through Fischer a few times but not in the last year.  I like to think I'm pretty well versed in customs as I own two.  If my answer wasn't clear; I apologize but I don't need some snarky rude comment when I was trying to answer your question.  


Edited by TekeRugburn - 4/26/13 at 12:34pm
post #2310 of 2742

I finally sent in my triple fi's to be remodeled, does Inearz usually notify you on their status or anything? I just want to make sure they received the impressions and headphones and that they arrived okay.


Edited by autash - 4/29/13 at 1:56pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread