Should be ok, if you need to get ahold of them just call..its easier...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 Last post on 2/24/14 at 3:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 145
Gear mentioned in this thread:
they would be a perfect candidate as long as they're working properly as you say. My reshelled tf10 were from a broken pair also.
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask these questions and so if it is not, my apologies in advance.
I have a pair of Shure E5c's that have typical cable issues and that nasty green corrosion up around the ear bends.... I corresponded by email with Shure about cable replacement and no surprise.. We dont do that.. Send them in and $240 and you can have new SE535's.
From what I can tell a reshell at INEARZ / Fischer Hearing is $150 for the Shure E5C ? Am I correct on that point ??
My baseline question is whether to pop $150 for a reshell ( I really like the sound of the E5) and get the benefit of a custom molded earpiece ? or bump for $240 to get factory new SE535s with removeable cables and a factory warranty (which I dont value much because in my view offering to sell me replacements for more than 1/2 street price isnt what I call customer service.. they should repair the damn things ! )
Next question may sound silly, but hey I dont know... IF I go for an inearz reshell does that price include their removeable cables ? and what happens to the crossover piece that on my set is where the junction of the left/right cables meets ??
Ive heard a few people who had E5's say they do not like the SE535 sound and so my instinct at the moment (knowing I really like the sound of my E5s ) is to have them reshelled... but only if that includes removeable cables.....
Thoughts from you guys who have already done this (or who have experience bullying Shure into doing a straight replacement at no cost) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You should call Inearz, they're very friendly and helpful.
I ended up having mine recabled by BTG and am picking them up today. From what I can tell Brian is a class act and great to deal with, and he got the job done much faster than I expected.
I'm very tempted to have them remolded by Inearz though, but BTG is super fast and I needed a quick fix. I thought the reshell is $90 but doesn't include the cable, they have one for $30, which seems extremely reasonable.
I called & talked to Kaysen I think ? Anyway all was well until I asked about what happens with the crossover at the junction of left and right cables from earpieces... its about the size of a dime.... She indicates you have to use your existing cables to keep that crossover... which of course is most of the point of reshelling.. to get removeable cables..... OR to just eliminate that crossover but she indicated she has no idea of how that will work as to sound quality etc.. or how other folks have dealt with that...
Does anyone here have experience specifically with re-shelling at INEARZ/Fisher.. the Shure E5s that have the crossover I am talking about ??
Shurely someone must have ! ? :O
As I said... my cables are shot and are a known weakness on most of these IEMs (thus the trend towards removeable cables of late) and a large part of why I wanted to reshell (to get new cables).....So using my existing cables is really not an option worth considering... I suppose there must not be anyway to work around this with the crossover on the cables.... I tell you, I Shure do have a bad taste in my mouth for Shure about now !
I cant say how long it would take for you, but for me here in the states it took 5 weeks. Of course times can very depending on how busy they are, they also have a rush order available, when they are not really busy.
- InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
- › New AK Jr owner 1 minute ago
- › WTB: HiFiman EF5 1 minute ago
- › Love my ATH-m50s but I am tired of the long coiled wire. Over-Ears... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 6 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › Artifact in my music? 11 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 12 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...