Should be ok, if you need to get ahold of them just call..its easier...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 Last post on 11/9/13 at 1:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 145post #2161 of 24398/22/12 at 7:45pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2162 of 24398/22/12 at 8:08pmQuote:
they would be a perfect candidate as long as they're working properly as you say. My reshelled tf10 were from a broken pair also.post #2163 of 24398/23/12 at 3:35pmpost #2164 of 24398/23/12 at 4:16pmpost #2165 of 24398/23/12 at 4:23pmpost #2166 of 24398/28/12 at 6:26am
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask these questions and so if it is not, my apologies in advance.
I have a pair of Shure E5c's that have typical cable issues and that nasty green corrosion up around the ear bends.... I corresponded by email with Shure about cable replacement and no surprise.. We dont do that.. Send them in and $240 and you can have new SE535's.
From what I can tell a reshell at INEARZ / Fischer Hearing is $150 for the Shure E5C ? Am I correct on that point ??
My baseline question is whether to pop $150 for a reshell ( I really like the sound of the E5) and get the benefit of a custom molded earpiece ? or bump for $240 to get factory new SE535s with removeable cables and a factory warranty (which I dont value much because in my view offering to sell me replacements for more than 1/2 street price isnt what I call customer service.. they should repair the damn things ! )
Next question may sound silly, but hey I dont know... IF I go for an inearz reshell does that price include their removeable cables ? and what happens to the crossover piece that on my set is where the junction of the left/right cables meets ??
Ive heard a few people who had E5's say they do not like the SE535 sound and so my instinct at the moment (knowing I really like the sound of my E5s ) is to have them reshelled... but only if that includes removeable cables.....
Thoughts from you guys who have already done this (or who have experience bullying Shure into doing a straight replacement at no cost) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.post #2167 of 24398/28/12 at 6:55am
You should call Inearz, they're very friendly and helpful.
I ended up having mine recabled by BTG and am picking them up today. From what I can tell Brian is a class act and great to deal with, and he got the job done much faster than I expected.
I'm very tempted to have them remolded by Inearz though, but BTG is super fast and I needed a quick fix. I thought the reshell is $90 but doesn't include the cable, they have one for $30, which seems extremely reasonable.post #2168 of 24398/28/12 at 8:44am
I called & talked to Kaysen I think ? Anyway all was well until I asked about what happens with the crossover at the junction of left and right cables from earpieces... its about the size of a dime.... She indicates you have to use your existing cables to keep that crossover... which of course is most of the point of reshelling.. to get removeable cables..... OR to just eliminate that crossover but she indicated she has no idea of how that will work as to sound quality etc.. or how other folks have dealt with that...
Does anyone here have experience specifically with re-shelling at INEARZ/Fisher.. the Shure E5s that have the crossover I am talking about ??
Shurely someone must have ! ? :Opost #2169 of 24398/28/12 at 9:32ampost #2170 of 24398/28/12 at 1:42pm
As I said... my cables are shot and are a known weakness on most of these IEMs (thus the trend towards removeable cables of late) and a large part of why I wanted to reshell (to get new cables).....So using my existing cables is really not an option worth considering... I suppose there must not be anyway to work around this with the crossover on the cables.... I tell you, I Shure do have a bad taste in my mouth for Shure about now !post #2171 of 24398/28/12 at 6:56pmpost #2172 of 24398/28/12 at 11:15pmQuote:
I cant say how long it would take for you, but for me here in the states it took 5 weeks. Of course times can very depending on how busy they are, they also have a rush order available, when they are not really busy.post #2173 of 24398/29/12 at 8:46ampost #2174 of 24398/30/12 at 7:50amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 39 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2014 Mstage HPA2 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › WTB:TungSol VT231 / 6SN7GT Round Plates, United Electronics 596... 3 minutes ago
- › I just got my first pair of Audiophile Headphones ATH-M50s I have a... 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Would the asus xonar dg be able to power a pair of pc 350s se's? 5 minutes ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe