Should be ok, if you need to get ahold of them just call..its easier...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 Last post on 2/24/14 at 3:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 145
Gear mentioned in this thread:
they would be a perfect candidate as long as they're working properly as you say. My reshelled tf10 were from a broken pair also.
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask these questions and so if it is not, my apologies in advance.
I have a pair of Shure E5c's that have typical cable issues and that nasty green corrosion up around the ear bends.... I corresponded by email with Shure about cable replacement and no surprise.. We dont do that.. Send them in and $240 and you can have new SE535's.
From what I can tell a reshell at INEARZ / Fischer Hearing is $150 for the Shure E5C ? Am I correct on that point ??
My baseline question is whether to pop $150 for a reshell ( I really like the sound of the E5) and get the benefit of a custom molded earpiece ? or bump for $240 to get factory new SE535s with removeable cables and a factory warranty (which I dont value much because in my view offering to sell me replacements for more than 1/2 street price isnt what I call customer service.. they should repair the damn things ! )
Next question may sound silly, but hey I dont know... IF I go for an inearz reshell does that price include their removeable cables ? and what happens to the crossover piece that on my set is where the junction of the left/right cables meets ??
Ive heard a few people who had E5's say they do not like the SE535 sound and so my instinct at the moment (knowing I really like the sound of my E5s ) is to have them reshelled... but only if that includes removeable cables.....
Thoughts from you guys who have already done this (or who have experience bullying Shure into doing a straight replacement at no cost) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You should call Inearz, they're very friendly and helpful.
I ended up having mine recabled by BTG and am picking them up today. From what I can tell Brian is a class act and great to deal with, and he got the job done much faster than I expected.
I'm very tempted to have them remolded by Inearz though, but BTG is super fast and I needed a quick fix. I thought the reshell is $90 but doesn't include the cable, they have one for $30, which seems extremely reasonable.
I called & talked to Kaysen I think ? Anyway all was well until I asked about what happens with the crossover at the junction of left and right cables from earpieces... its about the size of a dime.... She indicates you have to use your existing cables to keep that crossover... which of course is most of the point of reshelling.. to get removeable cables..... OR to just eliminate that crossover but she indicated she has no idea of how that will work as to sound quality etc.. or how other folks have dealt with that...
Does anyone here have experience specifically with re-shelling at INEARZ/Fisher.. the Shure E5s that have the crossover I am talking about ??
Shurely someone must have ! ? :O
As I said... my cables are shot and are a known weakness on most of these IEMs (thus the trend towards removeable cables of late) and a large part of why I wanted to reshell (to get new cables).....So using my existing cables is really not an option worth considering... I suppose there must not be anyway to work around this with the crossover on the cables.... I tell you, I Shure do have a bad taste in my mouth for Shure about now !
I cant say how long it would take for you, but for me here in the states it took 5 weeks. Of course times can very depending on how busy they are, they also have a rush order available, when they are not really busy.
- InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 31 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Geek Out V2+ Infinity (w/ free accessories) 6 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › Is AKG customer service always not helpful? 9 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 10 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 11 minutes ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 11 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus Impressions Thread - World's First 14 Driver IEM 12 minutes ago
- › AKG's new K872? 13 minutes ago
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...