Should be ok, if you need to get ahold of them just call..its easier...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 Last post on 2/24/14 at 3:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 145post #2161 of 30908/22/12 at 7:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2162 of 30908/22/12 at 8:08pmQuote:
they would be a perfect candidate as long as they're working properly as you say. My reshelled tf10 were from a broken pair also.post #2163 of 30908/23/12 at 3:35pmpost #2164 of 30908/23/12 at 4:16pmpost #2165 of 30908/23/12 at 4:23pmpost #2166 of 30908/28/12 at 6:26am
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask these questions and so if it is not, my apologies in advance.
I have a pair of Shure E5c's that have typical cable issues and that nasty green corrosion up around the ear bends.... I corresponded by email with Shure about cable replacement and no surprise.. We dont do that.. Send them in and $240 and you can have new SE535's.
From what I can tell a reshell at INEARZ / Fischer Hearing is $150 for the Shure E5C ? Am I correct on that point ??
My baseline question is whether to pop $150 for a reshell ( I really like the sound of the E5) and get the benefit of a custom molded earpiece ? or bump for $240 to get factory new SE535s with removeable cables and a factory warranty (which I dont value much because in my view offering to sell me replacements for more than 1/2 street price isnt what I call customer service.. they should repair the damn things ! )
Next question may sound silly, but hey I dont know... IF I go for an inearz reshell does that price include their removeable cables ? and what happens to the crossover piece that on my set is where the junction of the left/right cables meets ??
Ive heard a few people who had E5's say they do not like the SE535 sound and so my instinct at the moment (knowing I really like the sound of my E5s ) is to have them reshelled... but only if that includes removeable cables.....
Thoughts from you guys who have already done this (or who have experience bullying Shure into doing a straight replacement at no cost) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.post #2167 of 30908/28/12 at 6:55am
You should call Inearz, they're very friendly and helpful.
I ended up having mine recabled by BTG and am picking them up today. From what I can tell Brian is a class act and great to deal with, and he got the job done much faster than I expected.
I'm very tempted to have them remolded by Inearz though, but BTG is super fast and I needed a quick fix. I thought the reshell is $90 but doesn't include the cable, they have one for $30, which seems extremely reasonable.post #2168 of 30908/28/12 at 8:44am
I called & talked to Kaysen I think ? Anyway all was well until I asked about what happens with the crossover at the junction of left and right cables from earpieces... its about the size of a dime.... She indicates you have to use your existing cables to keep that crossover... which of course is most of the point of reshelling.. to get removeable cables..... OR to just eliminate that crossover but she indicated she has no idea of how that will work as to sound quality etc.. or how other folks have dealt with that...
Does anyone here have experience specifically with re-shelling at INEARZ/Fisher.. the Shure E5s that have the crossover I am talking about ??
Shurely someone must have ! ? :Opost #2169 of 30908/28/12 at 9:32ampost #2170 of 30908/28/12 at 1:42pm
As I said... my cables are shot and are a known weakness on most of these IEMs (thus the trend towards removeable cables of late) and a large part of why I wanted to reshell (to get new cables).....So using my existing cables is really not an option worth considering... I suppose there must not be anyway to work around this with the crossover on the cables.... I tell you, I Shure do have a bad taste in my mouth for Shure about now !post #2171 of 30908/28/12 at 6:56pmpost #2172 of 30908/28/12 at 11:15pmQuote:
I cant say how long it would take for you, but for me here in the states it took 5 weeks. Of course times can very depending on how busy they are, they also have a rush order available, when they are not really busy.post #2173 of 30908/29/12 at 8:46ampost #2174 of 30908/30/12 at 7:50amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 12 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 39 seconds ago
- › IC: Audeze LCD-4 200ohm version with Limited Edition Blue Cables 40 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 51 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 59 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › -Brand New!- Colorfly C3 8GB model 2 minutes ago
- › Audioquest Dragonfly RED - LIKE NEW with all the goodies 2 minutes ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear