Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 139

post #2071 of 2774

I have the same problem as you Erecent, the first time I wore the IEM, it hits the bottom of my ear canal when I move my jaw. It's like something poking inside my ear canal. Then I tested it out like a week later, it didn't seem as bad as before, but still a little tight. So I sent it back and told them to shave the ear canal, also one side of my IEM is louder than the other.

post #2072 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erecent View Post

Is microphonics a big issue with the Chris Himself cables? I move about a lot wearing my IEMS and microphonics is a real deal breaker for me.

 

Get the tf10vi cable.... thats what i will probably end up doing... It sucks that CH cant do the mic.. :-/

post #2073 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanps View Post

 

Get the tf10vi cable.... thats what i will probably end up doing... It sucks that CH cant do the mic.. :-/

westone sells a mic'ed version of their cables, imho is way better than the UE's cables

post #2074 of 2774

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll wear the customs around for a week or so before i decide if i should send it back for a refit :)

post #2075 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erecent View Post

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll wear the customs around for a week or so before i decide if i should send it back for a refit :)

 



Also, Ive said this before but consider taking them to your audiologist if you had one make your impressions. They can help you pinpoint the location and identify it on your Custom so that you are in the exact spot. I know it is hard to feel the pain in your ear and relate that to the same spot on the custom, it helps having someone else. Plus, my audiologist was able to simply buff them down a slight bit until we got a perfect fit. No charge from mine.

 

I brought my impressions and the customs to the audiologist.

post #2076 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudohippy View Post

 



Also, Ive said this before but consider taking them to your audiologist if you had one make your impressions. They can help you pinpoint the location and identify it on your Custom so that you are in the exact spot. I know it is hard to feel the pain in your ear and relate that to the same spot on the custom, it helps having someone else. Plus, my audiologist was able to simply buff them down a slight bit until we got a perfect fit. No charge from mine.

 

I brought my impressions and the customs to the audiologist.

The problem is that my audiologist is several thousand miles away in my home country :( I don't suppose any other audiologist will be so kind to provide that service if i didn't have my impression done by them in the first place :(

post #2077 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post

Yes the CH cables are the best cables out there for the money, and my fav cable for the TF10 for sure.

 

I'm going to be going with a CH cable. Do you have any recommendations on which plug to choose?

 

I like the looks of some of those sheaths shown on his blogpage, but CH recommends against it, and besides, it probably would increase cable noise.

post #2078 of 2774

I like the neutrik right angle plugs it's part of my portable setup so it's nice and low profile.  I had the viablue they were nice quality but huge.

post #2079 of 2774

That's funny, because the Viablue looks like a smaller plug - but then again there is nothing sitting next to it in the image to gauge its size.
 

post #2080 of 2774

Just think of those mini carrots except maybe not as long..that's about how big the body is.

post #2081 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudohippy View Post

 



Also, Ive said this before but consider taking them to your audiologist if you had one make your impressions. They can help you pinpoint the location and identify it on your Custom so that you are in the exact spot. I know it is hard to feel the pain in your ear and relate that to the same spot on the custom, it helps having someone else. Plus, my audiologist was able to simply buff them down a slight bit until we got a perfect fit. No charge from mine.

 

I brought my impressions and the customs to the audiologist.


If it's any consolation, my audiologist basically refused to touch them.  I can understand that as any problems later down the line would leave them open to complaint.

 

Should be able to get photos up later hopefully.  Had been playing around with them and I can get a more or less perfect fit (though I haven't tried for long periods yet) without the cable fitting.  If I put the cable back on I have no chance.  Been in touch with fisher so will see where we go from here.

post #2082 of 2774

Ok so here are some slightly blurry photos.  Was trying to get a shot of what I think the problem is.  The cable connecter on the left hand side basically doesn't have enough space to clear the ear. 

 

Clear Blue Triple fi 10 and Solid Black Westone 2's :-

 

ST830773.JPG

 

 

ST830776.JPG

 

 

Westone 2 in left ear, not sure if you'll be able to see how much that connector is touching the side of the ear, but thats what the problem is :-

 

ST830778.JPG

 

I would have thought that the whole iem would have been more evenly flush than that so the whole inner ear is filled out if that makes sense, but I don't really know.

 

Again similar problem with the Triple fi 10

 

ST830781.JPG

 

So there you go, that's where I'm at at the moment.  Will post this link to fisher as well so they can see what I mean.

 

All shots were on the left hand side.  I'm a little surprised now looking at the triplefi and westone of just how much difference there is in the fitment.  

 

Oh and please ignore the date/time stamps on the photo, I'm not some time traveller from three years in the future, so no I can't tell you what the winning lottery numbers are!

 

Cheers.

 

Thanks

post #2083 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babed View Post

I have the same problem as you Erecent, the first time I wore the IEM, it hits the bottom of my ear canal when I move my jaw. It's like something poking inside my ear canal. Then I tested it out like a week later, it didn't seem as bad as before, but still a little tight. So I sent it back and told them to shave the ear canal, also one side of my IEM is louder than the other.

So fisher fixed the balance issue?

post #2084 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Ok so here are some slightly blurry photos.  Was trying to get a shot of what I think the problem is.  The cable connecter on the left hand side basically doesn't have enough space to clear the ear. 

 

Clear Blue Triple fi 10 and Solid Black Westone 2's :-

 

ST830773.JPG

 

 

ST830776.JPG

 

 

Westone 2 in left ear, not sure if you'll be able to see how much that connector is touching the side of the ear, but thats what the problem is :-

 

ST830778.JPG

 

I would have thought that the whole iem would have been more evenly flush than that so the whole inner ear is filled out if that makes sense, but I don't really know.

 

Again similar problem with the Triple fi 10

 

ST830781.JPG

 

So there you go, that's where I'm at at the moment.  Will post this link to fisher as well so they can see what I mean.

 

All shots were on the left hand side.  I'm a little surprised now looking at the triplefi and westone of just how much difference there is in the fitment.  

 

Oh and please ignore the date/time stamps on the photo, I'm not some time traveller from three years in the future, so no I can't tell you what the winning lottery numbers are!

 

Cheers.

 

Thanks

 

It seems like Fisher should remake the entire reshell by making the entire ear cavity "thicker" so that the faceplate will sit higher off the ear to give your cables some clearance. I think someone on this thread had the same issue and Fisher adjusted the connector so that it became slightly crooked. In the end its not as aesthetically pleasing because its not as low profile but atleast you are comfortable and the cable won't mess with your fit.

 

Also I'm not sure if you've tried bending the connector a little bit. For mine I bent it a little bit so the cable doesn't press against my ear that much and it works fine and just as comfortable. Obviously you shouldn't bend it all that much because the prongs might snap or something, but maybe it'll fix your problem if you haven't tried it already.

post #2085 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudohippy View Post

 



Also, Ive said this before but consider taking them to your audiologist if you had one make your impressions. They can help you pinpoint the location and identify it on your Custom so that you are in the exact spot. I know it is hard to feel the pain in your ear and relate that to the same spot on the custom, it helps having someone else. Plus, my audiologist was able to simply buff them down a slight bit until we got a perfect fit. No charge from mine.

 

I brought my impressions and the customs to the audiologist.

what did the audiologist use to "buff them down"? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread