- 55 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: Orlando, Fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 Last post on 2/24/14 at 3:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 11post #151 of 27593/4/10 at 8:48pm1
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 27593/4/10 at 8:53pmFinally got a hold of Kaysen..... opting for the UE cable...clear....have to wait for a bit....because theres no audiologist on St. Maarten.... going to med school here so I have to wait till next break to get impressions donepost #153 of 27593/11/10 at 8:54pmpost #154 of 27593/12/10 at 1:23am
I had asked for transparent red/purple earpieces with a solid black faceplate for the NGE artwork; I opted to use them with black Westone ES cables.
total charges for their services:
base service fee ($80) + custom faceplate graphics ($25) + custom color ($5/one side) + 2day UPS ($10.50) = $120.50
total processing time:
12 business days
It was more matte than I expected, but not nearly as much as these pictures make them out to be. They look a lot better & clearer in real life actually. UPS didn't deliver them til 7pm and I don't have the best lighting in my house... maybe I'll try taking some clearer pics during the day (also, perhaps with a clean camera lens lol). Overall fit is good? okay? They fit into place, I'm not sure what to expect yet... they definitely different from universals. My primary impetus for having them custom molded is for comfort over extended use (the stock TF10's were painfully horrible in my ears too long), and what better opportunity to assess that than during my study marathon this weekend for a final on Monday
seems like the new layout removed blogs, so I thought I'd share an update. It turns out my 1st impressions weren't great so I got new impressions and had them refitted (free shipping both ways from Fisher), and now they're absolutely perfect! I easily wear mine 10+hrs/day, almost the entire week. I don't notice any change in SQ, imbalance, or other such problems. If you have any questions, just feel free to ask.
btw sorry about the pics... one day when I'm not so busy or enjoying my time off I'll get around to taking proper pictures of these w/actual decent lighting, and not just with my phone's camera either ;)
new, latest pics in this post
Edited by mnagali - 6/5/10 at 1:47pmpost #155 of 27593/16/10 at 11:58pmHere are mine, crappy handmade artwork
The shape looks good, so does the sound. But the right piece doesn't seal very well, and it even worse since you're not living in the US to give a refit,
so I did a little nail polish trick, and it's better now,
Anyway, I think Fisher really did a good job.post #156 of 27593/17/10 at 12:08ampost #157 of 27593/17/10 at 12:24amQuote:
greeting to a fellow evangelion fan~ nice customs right there~post #158 of 27593/18/10 at 9:02pmpost #159 of 27593/18/10 at 9:06pmpost #160 of 27593/18/10 at 9:49pmI went with a clear UE "custom" cable...took about 10 working days...fit seems perfect...prior to the custom molding the I felt the Triple 10's had a little bloatiness in the upper bass region...I don't hear that at all now...it's been a long time since I've gotten so much benefit for only $80. I'm very happy.post #161 of 27593/18/10 at 10:04pmpost #162 of 27593/19/10 at 3:53pmpost #163 of 27593/20/10 at 1:10ampost #164 of 27593/21/10 at 7:34am
gah... refit? :(So in a recent thread about low-profile IEMs, I challenged whether customs would be considered "low-profile" based on my experiences with mine, and the person after me got me questioning myself if my customs stuck out more than they should--and in fact the right one does protrude out more than the left (I guess it didn't jump out at me before because my hair is getting pretty long and I'm overdue for a haircut). It was in the back of my mind that they didn't feel 100% equal but part of me dismissed it because maybe I just wasn't used to my customs yet, and also because with a final exam to study for, they were already good enough & much better than before to complain about fit/comfort. I had always been really happy with my remolded TF10s since I could wear them hours and hours way more than stock, but since I could finally spend some quality time this past day assessing them more critically, I can really appreciate how the left/red one fits better than my right/purple one.
My customs match the impressions pretty well (albeit it's been over a month since I had them made so they've naturally shriveled a little bit), so I don't think Fisher did anything wrong--I'm more so ticked off at the audiologist who did my impressions. As you can see, the deeper portion that enters the ear canal is shorter on the right/purple IEM, and its second segment is longer which I guess predisposes it to sticking out more. Also, it's not completely obvious in the pictures, but the stem of right ear mold/IEM is also slightly thicker than that of the left. Compared to stock they still fit quite comfortably in my ears, but definitely not evenly & this is made more apparent when I invoke my smile muscles--more than just one side sticking out more, relative to each other, the left one feels more loose inside the ear canal and right one is more tight.
I'm sad to have to part with my customs, but considering how long I plan on keeping these, I guess it's for the better I do this now while its still within Fisher's free-refit time period. I appreciate how they've provided a free 2nd-day return label. I hope I'm not being too hasty blaming the audiologist if my ears really are that asymmetrical (altho that still wouldn't explain their how differently they fit).
/tldr: my IEMs don't fit evenly and I need a refit, perhaps due to poor impressions.
okay question guys: should I just get my right ear re-impressioned and send just that earpiece back to Fisher, or go ahead get both re-impressioned and re-shelled?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Destiny 23 seconds ago
- › Audio player + Headphones under 250$ 44 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 49 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 5 minutes ago
- › September 27 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 5 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)