- 55 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: Orlando, Fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM upgrade($100-150 CAD) Last post on 3/15/12 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02 Last post on 2/24/14 at 3:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had asked for transparent red/purple earpieces with a solid black faceplate for the NGE artwork; I opted to use them with black Westone ES cables.
total charges for their services:
base service fee ($80) + custom faceplate graphics ($25) + custom color ($5/one side) + 2day UPS ($10.50) = $120.50
total processing time:
12 business days
It was more matte than I expected, but not nearly as much as these pictures make them out to be. They look a lot better & clearer in real life actually. UPS didn't deliver them til 7pm and I don't have the best lighting in my house... maybe I'll try taking some clearer pics during the day (also, perhaps with a clean camera lens lol). Overall fit is good? okay? They fit into place, I'm not sure what to expect yet... they definitely different from universals. My primary impetus for having them custom molded is for comfort over extended use (the stock TF10's were painfully horrible in my ears too long), and what better opportunity to assess that than during my study marathon this weekend for a final on Monday
seems like the new layout removed blogs, so I thought I'd share an update. It turns out my 1st impressions weren't great so I got new impressions and had them refitted (free shipping both ways from Fisher), and now they're absolutely perfect! I easily wear mine 10+hrs/day, almost the entire week. I don't notice any change in SQ, imbalance, or other such problems. If you have any questions, just feel free to ask.
btw sorry about the pics... one day when I'm not so busy or enjoying my time off I'll get around to taking proper pictures of these w/actual decent lighting, and not just with my phone's camera either ;)
new, latest pics in this post
Edited by mnagali - 6/5/10 at 1:47pm
The shape looks good, so does the sound. But the right piece doesn't seal very well, and it even worse since you're not living in the US to give a refit,
so I did a little nail polish trick, and it's better now,
Anyway, I think Fisher really did a good job.
greeting to a fellow evangelion fan~ nice customs right there~
gah... refit? :(So in a recent thread about low-profile IEMs, I challenged whether customs would be considered "low-profile" based on my experiences with mine, and the person after me got me questioning myself if my customs stuck out more than they should--and in fact the right one does protrude out more than the left (I guess it didn't jump out at me before because my hair is getting pretty long and I'm overdue for a haircut). It was in the back of my mind that they didn't feel 100% equal but part of me dismissed it because maybe I just wasn't used to my customs yet, and also because with a final exam to study for, they were already good enough & much better than before to complain about fit/comfort. I had always been really happy with my remolded TF10s since I could wear them hours and hours way more than stock, but since I could finally spend some quality time this past day assessing them more critically, I can really appreciate how the left/red one fits better than my right/purple one.
My customs match the impressions pretty well (albeit it's been over a month since I had them made so they've naturally shriveled a little bit), so I don't think Fisher did anything wrong--I'm more so ticked off at the audiologist who did my impressions. As you can see, the deeper portion that enters the ear canal is shorter on the right/purple IEM, and its second segment is longer which I guess predisposes it to sticking out more. Also, it's not completely obvious in the pictures, but the stem of right ear mold/IEM is also slightly thicker than that of the left. Compared to stock they still fit quite comfortably in my ears, but definitely not evenly & this is made more apparent when I invoke my smile muscles--more than just one side sticking out more, relative to each other, the left one feels more loose inside the ear canal and right one is more tight.
I'm sad to have to part with my customs, but considering how long I plan on keeping these, I guess it's for the better I do this now while its still within Fisher's free-refit time period. I appreciate how they've provided a free 2nd-day return label. I hope I'm not being too hasty blaming the audiologist if my ears really are that asymmetrical (altho that still wouldn't explain their how differently they fit).
/tldr: my IEMs don't fit evenly and I need a refit, perhaps due to poor impressions.
okay question guys: should I just get my right ear re-impressioned and send just that earpiece back to Fisher, or go ahead get both re-impressioned and re-shelled?
- InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 20 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 30 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG N40 2 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 3 minutes ago
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...