- 100 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Philly
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones worth holding on to......collectable cans Last post on 5/30/11 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
My wife's review of HD800 vs HF2 :) - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/10 at 9:11pmKudos!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 381/23/10 at 9:10amSeems like a common thing here that g/fs/wives dont care at all about audio gear. The thing that really gets me is when I do convince her to sit down to listen to songs SHE likes, she usually would listen to the first 20 seconds off, then pull the headphones off and start talking to me about something totally random like what date is certain appointments or if I've fixed xyz... another thing is while they are listening they would pause it whena youtube video they are watching starts to play ... sigh.. HAHApost #33 of 386/21/10 at 12:38am
I empathize with everyone in the same situation. Just recently, my wife agreed to purchase the HF2 for my early birthday present, which I'm anxiously awaiting delivery. At the time it didn't make sense. She too is trained classical pianist and has better ears than mine. I was briefly entertained with hopes she would see the light, when I had her listen to my RS1 and RS2 at the time to her favorite composers. As expected, "sounds great.....when are you going to finish the dishes?"
I guess her justification on "splurging" comes from the countless hours of painting several large rooms in the house to her desired colors -and let me tell you my selective hearing was in full force on the color decision at Home Depot. I wished I had my headphones on full blast. When I subtract the cost of the HF2 to the quotes of contractors to perform the work, I'm ahead by a very long mile. I consider the gesture as belated payment for my lost evening and weekend hours of painting. Proof that nothing is "free".post #34 of 386/21/10 at 1:03am
I let my gf compare HD800 and D7000 for some minutes.
She first listened to D7000 and then HD800 and she said D7000's far better , more comfortable and fun.
She didnt like HD800 at all.
Several days later,I let her compare again.
This time started with HD800 and she said HD800's better.post #35 of 386/21/10 at 4:16ampost #36 of 386/21/10 at 6:24ampost #37 of 386/21/10 at 6:38am
- My wife's review of HD800 vs HF2 :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 1 minute ago
- › Notes: FiiO E10K & E11K (based on pre-production/beta engineering... 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225e vs Philips Fidelio X2 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › 3 cheap ways to get interior design advice
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2