- 100 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Philly
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones worth holding on to......collectable cans Last post on 5/30/11 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
My wife's review of HD800 vs HF2 :) - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/10 at 9:11pmKudos!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 381/23/10 at 9:10amSeems like a common thing here that g/fs/wives dont care at all about audio gear. The thing that really gets me is when I do convince her to sit down to listen to songs SHE likes, she usually would listen to the first 20 seconds off, then pull the headphones off and start talking to me about something totally random like what date is certain appointments or if I've fixed xyz... another thing is while they are listening they would pause it whena youtube video they are watching starts to play ... sigh.. HAHApost #33 of 386/21/10 at 12:38am
I empathize with everyone in the same situation. Just recently, my wife agreed to purchase the HF2 for my early birthday present, which I'm anxiously awaiting delivery. At the time it didn't make sense. She too is trained classical pianist and has better ears than mine. I was briefly entertained with hopes she would see the light, when I had her listen to my RS1 and RS2 at the time to her favorite composers. As expected, "sounds great.....when are you going to finish the dishes?"
I guess her justification on "splurging" comes from the countless hours of painting several large rooms in the house to her desired colors -and let me tell you my selective hearing was in full force on the color decision at Home Depot. I wished I had my headphones on full blast. When I subtract the cost of the HF2 to the quotes of contractors to perform the work, I'm ahead by a very long mile. I consider the gesture as belated payment for my lost evening and weekend hours of painting. Proof that nothing is "free".post #34 of 386/21/10 at 1:03am
I let my gf compare HD800 and D7000 for some minutes.
She first listened to D7000 and then HD800 and she said D7000's far better , more comfortable and fun.
She didnt like HD800 at all.
Several days later,I let her compare again.
This time started with HD800 and she said HD800's better.post #35 of 386/21/10 at 4:16ampost #36 of 386/21/10 at 6:24ampost #37 of 386/21/10 at 6:38am
- My wife's review of HD800 vs HF2 :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 13 seconds ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 58 seconds ago
- › Looking for portable speakers (Foxl and Jawbone comparisons) and... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for Electronic/Synth Pop/New wave/ French House? 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Need RCA in on a dac. Whats out there? 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)