- 100 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Philly
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones worth holding on to......collectable cans Last post on 5/30/11 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
My wife's review of HD800 vs HF2 :) - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/10 at 9:11pmKudos!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 381/23/10 at 9:10amSeems like a common thing here that g/fs/wives dont care at all about audio gear. The thing that really gets me is when I do convince her to sit down to listen to songs SHE likes, she usually would listen to the first 20 seconds off, then pull the headphones off and start talking to me about something totally random like what date is certain appointments or if I've fixed xyz... another thing is while they are listening they would pause it whena youtube video they are watching starts to play ... sigh.. HAHApost #33 of 386/21/10 at 12:38am
I empathize with everyone in the same situation. Just recently, my wife agreed to purchase the HF2 for my early birthday present, which I'm anxiously awaiting delivery. At the time it didn't make sense. She too is trained classical pianist and has better ears than mine. I was briefly entertained with hopes she would see the light, when I had her listen to my RS1 and RS2 at the time to her favorite composers. As expected, "sounds great.....when are you going to finish the dishes?"
I guess her justification on "splurging" comes from the countless hours of painting several large rooms in the house to her desired colors -and let me tell you my selective hearing was in full force on the color decision at Home Depot. I wished I had my headphones on full blast. When I subtract the cost of the HF2 to the quotes of contractors to perform the work, I'm ahead by a very long mile. I consider the gesture as belated payment for my lost evening and weekend hours of painting. Proof that nothing is "free".post #34 of 386/21/10 at 1:03am
I let my gf compare HD800 and D7000 for some minutes.
She first listened to D7000 and then HD800 and she said D7000's far better , more comfortable and fun.
She didnt like HD800 at all.
Several days later,I let her compare again.
This time started with HD800 and she said HD800's better.post #35 of 386/21/10 at 4:16ampost #36 of 386/21/10 at 6:24ampost #37 of 386/21/10 at 6:38am
- My wife's review of HD800 vs HF2 :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 18 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 3 minutes ago
- › Who are you going to vote for? 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Takatsuki Electric TA-300B 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...