any further developments on these mods?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- a well balanced head system? got senn HD800+violectricV200.. what cables? what sound source?... Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recycling Edition 8's Last post on 4/12/12 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Socially Unacceptable Audiophile Addiction Last post on 8/30/11 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD580 Precision Last post on 6/10/12 at 2:40am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Want more bass from your HD 800? – Easy mod - Page 6post #76 of 859/8/11 at 1:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 851/14/12 at 11:25am
I can sugest a very easy mod. I don't think it is as effective as previous.
Last week I noticed that my HD800 become more brighter and their soundstage become a little bit blurred and flat.
I thought it was because their earpads become a little bit crushed up.
My purpose was to hold away diaphragms from ears and make them see into my ears at a larger angle (so that they sound more like speakers).
So, I find earpads of my old akg k26p. And cut out pieces of foam rubber and cut them (I just made them somewhat shorter) so that they can find enough room for themselves under HD800's earpads. You can also use any two pieces of foam rubber the same size.
Then I insert them under back side (which are behind ears) of HD800's earpands. Now it looks like that:
After this the soundstage becomes slightly deeper and it moved a little bit further forward.
Bass becomes more legible in my opinion. It also seems that headphones now sound less brighter and more comfortable.
I didn't notice any negative effects in sound. Maybe the transparence is now a little bit worse, but I think it is because sound becomes less bright.
Edited by dubselect - 1/14/12 at 11:40ampost #78 of 853/11/12 at 5:25ampost #79 of 853/11/12 at 2:56pmpost #80 of 853/11/12 at 3:02pmpost #81 of 853/11/12 at 3:54pm
After trying several variations of the anaxilus mod and then the mod that Tyll shows in his InnerFidelity video, I HIGHLY recommend Tyll's version.
It's cheap, easy, provides solutions to some known 'issues' and aids in presenting a much more satisfying musical experience.
JJpost #82 of 853/11/12 at 4:05pmpost #83 of 853/11/12 at 4:29pm
For some there was a seeming 'lack' of bass.
For some there was a seeming 'glaring' mid-upper treble
For some there was a seeming lack of detail.
All of these aspects are improved in one fashion or another.
here is a link to the write up
JJpost #84 of 853/11/12 at 5:08pm
I wasn't really questioning you with doubts, if it came off that way.
I agree with all of these flaws, it's just my 800's were sidelined very early on. Though they have awesome soundstage and good detail, I felt they were boring and dull. Instantly regretted my purchase. And was pretty angry at the headphone, very personal. Lent them to a family member with no regard to ever getting them back. I am desperately hoping that
a mod like this could allow me to enjoy what many refer to as a great can. Thanks again for sharing Tyll's mod. That's the one I am aching to try :)post #85 of 854/2/12 at 12:48pm
- Want more bass from your HD 800? – Easy mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution / Doom metal 50 seconds ago
- › Soundcard vs DAC 1 minute ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Nad visio hp50 vs beyerdynamic dt150 vs focal spirit professional 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic is looking for testers who want to check-out our new... 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob