any further developments on these mods?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- a well balanced head system? got senn HD800+violectricV200.. what cables? what sound source?... Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recycling Edition 8's Last post on 4/12/12 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Socially Unacceptable Audiophile Addiction Last post on 8/30/11 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD580 Precision Last post on 6/10/12 at 2:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Want more bass from your HD 800? – Easy mod - Page 6post #76 of 859/8/11 at 1:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 851/14/12 at 11:25am
I can sugest a very easy mod. I don't think it is as effective as previous.
Last week I noticed that my HD800 become more brighter and their soundstage become a little bit blurred and flat.
I thought it was because their earpads become a little bit crushed up.
My purpose was to hold away diaphragms from ears and make them see into my ears at a larger angle (so that they sound more like speakers).
So, I find earpads of my old akg k26p. And cut out pieces of foam rubber and cut them (I just made them somewhat shorter) so that they can find enough room for themselves under HD800's earpads. You can also use any two pieces of foam rubber the same size.
Then I insert them under back side (which are behind ears) of HD800's earpands. Now it looks like that:
After this the soundstage becomes slightly deeper and it moved a little bit further forward.
Bass becomes more legible in my opinion. It also seems that headphones now sound less brighter and more comfortable.
I didn't notice any negative effects in sound. Maybe the transparence is now a little bit worse, but I think it is because sound becomes less bright.
Edited by dubselect - 1/14/12 at 11:40ampost #78 of 853/11/12 at 5:25ampost #79 of 853/11/12 at 2:56pmpost #80 of 853/11/12 at 3:02pmpost #81 of 853/11/12 at 3:54pm
After trying several variations of the anaxilus mod and then the mod that Tyll shows in his InnerFidelity video, I HIGHLY recommend Tyll's version.
It's cheap, easy, provides solutions to some known 'issues' and aids in presenting a much more satisfying musical experience.
JJpost #82 of 853/11/12 at 4:05pmpost #83 of 853/11/12 at 4:29pm
For some there was a seeming 'lack' of bass.
For some there was a seeming 'glaring' mid-upper treble
For some there was a seeming lack of detail.
All of these aspects are improved in one fashion or another.
here is a link to the write up
JJpost #84 of 853/11/12 at 5:08pm
I wasn't really questioning you with doubts, if it came off that way.
I agree with all of these flaws, it's just my 800's were sidelined very early on. Though they have awesome soundstage and good detail, I felt they were boring and dull. Instantly regretted my purchase. And was pretty angry at the headphone, very personal. Lent them to a family member with no regard to ever getting them back. I am desperately hoping that
a mod like this could allow me to enjoy what many refer to as a great can. Thanks again for sharing Tyll's mod. That's the one I am aching to try :)post #85 of 854/2/12 at 12:48pm
- Want more bass from your HD 800? – Easy mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Music Game IX 33 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 35 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 53 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Help Finding Headphones <$200 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900? 1 minute ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)