any further developments on these mods?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- a well balanced head system? got senn HD800+violectricV200.. what cables? what sound source?... Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recycling Edition 8's Last post on 4/12/12 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Socially Unacceptable Audiophile Addiction Last post on 8/30/11 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD580 Precision Last post on 6/10/12 at 2:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 5/12/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
Want more bass from your HD 800? – Easy mod - Page 6post #76 of 859/8/11 at 1:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 851/14/12 at 11:25am
I can sugest a very easy mod. I don't think it is as effective as previous.
Last week I noticed that my HD800 become more brighter and their soundstage become a little bit blurred and flat.
I thought it was because their earpads become a little bit crushed up.
My purpose was to hold away diaphragms from ears and make them see into my ears at a larger angle (so that they sound more like speakers).
So, I find earpads of my old akg k26p. And cut out pieces of foam rubber and cut them (I just made them somewhat shorter) so that they can find enough room for themselves under HD800's earpads. You can also use any two pieces of foam rubber the same size.
Then I insert them under back side (which are behind ears) of HD800's earpands. Now it looks like that:
After this the soundstage becomes slightly deeper and it moved a little bit further forward.
Bass becomes more legible in my opinion. It also seems that headphones now sound less brighter and more comfortable.
I didn't notice any negative effects in sound. Maybe the transparence is now a little bit worse, but I think it is because sound becomes less bright.
Edited by dubselect - 1/14/12 at 11:40ampost #78 of 853/11/12 at 5:25ampost #79 of 853/11/12 at 2:56pmpost #80 of 853/11/12 at 3:02pmpost #81 of 853/11/12 at 3:54pm
After trying several variations of the anaxilus mod and then the mod that Tyll shows in his InnerFidelity video, I HIGHLY recommend Tyll's version.
It's cheap, easy, provides solutions to some known 'issues' and aids in presenting a much more satisfying musical experience.
JJpost #82 of 853/11/12 at 4:05pmpost #83 of 853/11/12 at 4:29pm
For some there was a seeming 'lack' of bass.
For some there was a seeming 'glaring' mid-upper treble
For some there was a seeming lack of detail.
All of these aspects are improved in one fashion or another.
here is a link to the write up
JJpost #84 of 853/11/12 at 5:08pm
I wasn't really questioning you with doubts, if it came off that way.
I agree with all of these flaws, it's just my 800's were sidelined very early on. Though they have awesome soundstage and good detail, I felt they were boring and dull. Instantly regretted my purchase. And was pretty angry at the headphone, very personal. Lent them to a family member with no regard to ever getting them back. I am desperately hoping that
a mod like this could allow me to enjoy what many refer to as a great can. Thanks again for sharing Tyll's mod. That's the one I am aching to try :)post #85 of 854/2/12 at 12:48pm
- Want more bass from your HD 800? – Easy mod
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 58 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 58 seconds ago
- › ***** Stax 007 MK2 [MINT] ***** 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW kjk1281's take JVC XX HA-FR100X Elation ... 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?... 5 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2