- 135 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Is This CMOY Amp and Crossfeed Circuit Any Good? Last post on 9/28/12 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp below $50? Last post on 1/6/12 at 6:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- best portable amp with no hiss (under 60 dollars)? Last post on 9/19/11 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- PIMETA v2 or CmoyBB as first project? Last post on 8/1/11 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- fiio e11, e5, or cmoybb Last post on 8/26/11 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
First Impression When I first listened to HD380Pro, I thought that I received a far more expensive headphone. After an hour or so of using them, I still felt that they sound better than...
Greetings Head-fi! In a past long gone, wireless audio was scoffed at for it's spotty connections, bulky modules, and compromised sound quality. Over the years technology has advanced and great...
Micro Cmoy headphone amp (Opamp 2227) Vs Penguin Caffeine Amppost #1 of 111/1/10 at 2:16pmThread StarterHi my dear friends. I'm looking for a portable cheap amp for my HD238. If you compare these amps for me, I'll be very grateful. You can give some advise under 75$ better than these amps.Thank you.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 111/1/10 at 4:45pmpost #3 of 111/1/10 at 7:32pmThread Starterpost #4 of 111/3/10 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #5 of 111/3/10 at 3:08pmpost #6 of 111/3/10 at 6:10pmpost #7 of 111/4/10 at 6:17amPeople make their own Cmoys using penguin mint tins but the ones from penguinamp.com and Headphonia are different but based on the Cmoy and called Caffeine Ultra or Caffeine Royal. Sorry I can only say I like my Penguin Caffeine Ultra quite a bit but have only compared it to my Fiio E5 which is also pretty good and goes for $30 or maybe even less at head-direct or dealextreme. I prefer my Caffeine amp though.post #8 of 111/4/10 at 10:48amThread StarterThank you my friends. What about "Biosciencegeek Headphone Amplifier cMOY Premium Amp"
Biosciencegeek Headphone Amplifier cMOY Premium Amp - eBay (item 140371812610 end time Jan-10-10 21:02:28 PST)
The reviews are very good about it. Can we say better than the other cmoy amps? Can you compare the others?Thank you.post #9 of 111/4/10 at 1:27pmpost #10 of 113/5/10 at 9:10pmHi there folks, first post on here
What's the difference (or differences) between the ones by JDS Labs and the cMoy by BSG, besides the option of the Bass Boost?
Also, I've seen this one on eBay, much cheaper than those two, and I wonder if it is as good as them: Micro Cmoy headphone amp - Opamp 2227 - Amplifier en venta en eBay.es (finaliza el 09-mar-10 12:05:49 H.Esp)
What do you think?post #11 of 116/17/10 at 6:55am
I just bought one of the less expensive eBay versions yesterday. The only thing I'd like to have form the JDS Labs version is the external power supply. I might have to add one of my own once it gets here.
I'll let you know what I think as soon as it gets here.
Edited by CrshOverride - 6/17/10 at 6:58am
- Micro Cmoy headphone amp (Opamp 2227) Vs Penguin Caffeine Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Benchmark DAC3 HGC (w/ ESS Sabre 9028PRO) 5 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 11 seconds ago
- › Melbourne〖≼bLaCk~maGiC≽〗+91-9958802839 vasHiKAraN sPeCiaLisT baBA ji 18 seconds ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 1 minute ago
- › Chandigarh〖≼bLaCk~maGiC≽〗+91-9958802839 vasHiKAraN sPeCiaLisT baBA ji 1 minute ago
- › Goosebump Songs 1 minute ago
- › NOida〖≼bLaCk~maGiC≽〗+91-9958802839 vasHiKAraN sPeCiaLisT baBA ji 1 minute ago
- › Qatar〖≼bLaCk~maGiC≽〗+91-9958802839 vasHiKAraN sPeCiaLisT baBA ji 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 3 minutes ago
- › Kuwait〖≼bLaCk~maGiC≽〗+91-9958802839 vasHiKAraN sPeCiaLisT baBA ji 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › iBasso Audio DX200 Reference DAP by H20Fidelity
- › Focal Utopia by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear