New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cat-Fi - Page 24

post #346 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

I was pointed over here from another thread (thanks Art!) and I wanted to share my two kitties:

 

Orion - Bluepoint Dollface Himalayan

 

Orion2.JPG

 

LL

Mr. Sophie - Flamepoint Himalayan

 

 

Orion was 'helping' me solder my b22. Everytime I got out of my chair he was hopping back in it. And Mr. Sophie is in one of his favorite positions, doing his favorite activity. He loves to prop his head up on anything and then sleep. I have a shot of him doing that to an old laptop somewhere.

 

 

I read through the entire thread, and I absolutely love the picutres. And I wanted to pass along to those who have lost a furry little friend my deepest sympathies. When I get my raid drive going properly, I'll get some more pictures up and share where their names come from. :)


Ah, that's adorable. Makes me want a cat more and more everyday.

 

post #347 of 565

Because I recently moved, both cats are still living with my parents. My mother didn't want me to take them, which is fine. I only moved a block away so I see them regularly, but it's not like having them RIGHT here. I may get a cat of my own in the near future.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post


Ah, that's adorable. Makes me want a cat more and more everyday.

 



 

post #348 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

Because I recently moved, both cats are still living with my parents. My mother didn't want me to take them, which is fine. I only moved a block away so I see them regularly, but it's not like having them RIGHT here. I may get a cat of my own in the near future.


 



 



Yes. I really miss my cats as well. I like them so much better than dogs. But, I still love my chihuahua.

post #349 of 565

Mike thought he might like to be mailed along with Christmas gifts to Hailey, ID, but right after I shot the picture he reconsidered.

 

IMG_0655.JPG

post #350 of 565

You mean this guy?

 

Mike.png

 

Cute.


Edited by grokit - 12/17/11 at 2:15pm
post #351 of 565
So many beautiful cats here. I want one so bad.
post #352 of 565

Why don't you go get one at the shelter?  There's bound to be one that's crazy about you.

 

You can also try leaving out a dish of food and see what turns up.  There's always a stray that needs a home.  A lot of strays are dumped pets who would love to have a new home.  Mine was dumped.

 

When I get home, I sit down and Birdie automatically hops onto my lap.  Few things are better.  :)

 

post #353 of 565
I just don't wanna get into one when I can barely feed myself, lol. One day though.
post #354 of 565

Check to see if there's a pet food bank in your city - we have one here.  Free pet food if you meet the income guidelines.

post #355 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

Why don't you go get one at the shelter?  There's bound to be one that's crazy about you.

 

You can also try leaving out a dish of food and see what turns up.  There's always a stray that needs a home.  A lot of strays are dumped pets who would love to have a new home.  Mine was dumped.

 

When I get home, I sit down and Birdie automatically hops onto my lap.  Few things are better.  :)

 



Ah, man. That would be awesome. warm up my heart in seconds if I were to witness that!

post #356 of 565

It's great, and a lot of cats are that cuddly.  Mai Tai (who was "borrowed" by my parents) likes to perch on Dad's shoulder.  Mai Tainalso spends a lot of time upside down in laps.  She needs belly rubs.

 

Though there are occasional downsides.  I was asleep on the sofa the other night and 15 lbs. of cat jumps onto my stomach.  I panic and sort of convulse while Birdie shoots about three feet into the air.  It was OK - she calmed down pretty quick and settled in on my legs for the night.

post #357 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

It's great, and a lot of cats are that cuddly.  Mai Tai (who was "borrowed" by my parents) likes to perch on Dad's shoulder.  Mai Tainalso spends a lot of time upside down in laps.  She needs belly rubs.

 

Though there are occasional downsides.  I was asleep on the sofa the other night and 15 lbs. of cat jumps onto my stomach.  I panic and sort of convulse while Birdie shoots about three feet into the air.  It was OK - she calmed down pretty quick and settled in on my legs for the night.



That makes me want a cat even more than I already do (and I want one really bad). You see, my Chihuahua is a very small short haired one, so he doesn't shed a ton, and he sleeps with me 70% of the time. While he is quite a cute and well behaved little dog, every time I got to a friends house, I can't helm but crave kittens. They're really cuddly, soft, and when they purr it's just so awesome!

post #358 of 565
I have/had six kitties, and they're all quirky as balls.
post #359 of 565
try six or more at once lol. of course if you live on a rural route. probably not ok in a city rolleyes.gif

putting out a bowl to see what turns up may work against you depending where you live. possibly racoons but bears are not furry and cuddly. ok, well they are furry but trust me they usually don't get on too good with humans. i am just saying what would come here first. ymmv.

on a side note. i went to see if my bird feeder was empty. it was not and i scared away like 20 poor birds. i hope they come back. btw, in the country letting the birds themselves actually have at the bird feeder is a feat in itself. a bear turned the last one into a pretzel lol.
post #360 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

 Free pet food if you meet the income guidelines.


 

I would say do not buy a cat, if you have to go to the food bank, you probably shouldnt be owning that cat unless nessecary or you already had it for a long time. Just imo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home