Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › S:flo2 impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

S:flo2 impressions thread - Page 235

post #3511 of 3625

I had listened to both Hifiman / Teclast long, long before my purchase. It was the accident with my old friend, IAudio 7, that made me push the trigger... 

post #3512 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexRoma View Post

I had listened to both Hifiman / Teclast long, long before my purchase. It was the accident with my old friend, IAudio 7, that made me push the trigger... 



Well welcome to the club :). I think I'm gonna hold off until I can afford a 64 GB micro sd card lol.

post #3513 of 3625


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post



Well welcome to the club :). I think I'm gonna hold off until I can afford a 64 GB micro sd card lol.



During the past weeks the Price has plummeted from $ 220 to $155 @ amazon for the Scandisk!!!

post #3514 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post


 



During the past weeks the Price has plummeted from $ 220 to $155 @ amazon for the Scandisk!!!


 

Lets see if she dips to $80.00 :) Realistically it costs them a few pennies to make those things so in reality they shouldn't be charging such outrageous prices. Then again there's no competition for them in this segment to bring them to their knees.


Edited by lee730 - 12/15/11 at 11:19pm
post #3515 of 3625


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


 

Lets see if she dips to $80.00 :) Realistically it costs them a few pennies to make those things so in reality they shouldn't be charging such outrageous prices. Then again there's no competition for them in this segment to bring them to their knees.

I am waiting for the replacement to test it, its taking ages and..........
 

 

post #3516 of 3625
Hi,im looking for a portable source to be used with my lod,amp and tf10. Any recommendation? Only want it solely for music. Budget around $250
post #3517 of 3625


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiWul View Post

Hi,im looking for a portable source to be used with my lod,amp and tf10. Any recommendation? Only want it solely for music. Budget around $250


Well, you are here so what do you think we will advise you to get? a Nintendo! for sure a Teclast T51..........

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/447479

post #3518 of 3625

 

Has anyone in this thread opamp rolled the T51?

 

post #3519 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiWul View Post

Hi,im looking for a portable source to be used with my lod,amp and tf10. Any recommendation? Only want it solely for music. Budget around $250


I think the Hifiman 601 would be a better pairing with the TF10. The TF10s weakness is within its mids and the 601 is mid centric with very nice bass. The Sflo2/T51 actually overshadows its own mids with its treble.

post #3520 of 3625

kiteki, I am gonna mod my T51 soon, am gonna change the stock OPA2604 with LM6172 . I'll share my impressions after that mod as soon as I get my mod done. 

post #3521 of 3625

 

Thanks AlexRoma, there is a Japanese guy modding the T51 now as well.

 

post #3522 of 3625

 

(never mind, I found it)

 

 

Quick question to others who have been following this thread...

 

A bit back, I read a review (non head-fi) in which the author compared three or four "high end" portables...among them being the Hifiman 801 and the S:flo 2 (or T51, can't recall exactly) ... the review was quite extensive and well written and the author enjoyed both the Hifiman and the S:flo 2 the most, I recall him commenting on the dual DAC architecture being a "very potent" design or some such...

 

Do any of you have a link to this or know what I'm referring to?

 

Reason being, I'm trying to pimp the T51/S:flo 2 to a friend and wanted to give him some reading material.

 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

 

Thanks!

 

.joel


Edited by s1rrah - 12/23/11 at 10:24am
post #3523 of 3625

Hi,

 

I am user of T51 too, but i was sure it gives too much distortion. For sure I tested T51 line out with Audigy 2 ZS (PCMCIA version)  and was surprised that part of half of wave was limited/cutted when playing 1 khz sine wave with NORMAL mode EQ setting. Now i consider to mod T51 by replacing ICs and LDOs and inverters. I think Teclast getting worse each year by using fake components for their units building.

 

Vilnis   

post #3524 of 3625

post #3525 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by vri719 View Post

Hi,

 

I am user of T51 too, but i was sure it gives too much distortion. For sure I tested T51 line out with Audigy 2 ZS (PCMCIA version)  and was surprised that part of half of wave was limited/cutted when playing 1 khz sine wave with NORMAL mode EQ setting. Now i consider to mod T51 by replacing ICs and LDOs and inverters. I think Teclast getting worse each year by using fake components for their units building.

 

Vilnis   


Try posting on the T51 thread as this Sflo2 is pretty much dead, although the same player...

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › S:flo2 impressions thread