Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › My pretty ERS Paper - pics and videos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My pretty ERS Paper - pics and videos - Page 5  

post #61 of 87
Just, wow...
post #62 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
Patrick do you have electricity?
I think you are using a hand generator.
My room is so dark that I need to use a flashlight. I use one of those you can attach on the forehead, this way I can tweak with both hands. I used to put the flashlight into my mouth before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
Love the rabbits, specially that naughty one.
I think the naughty rabbit is the reason for my nightmares I started having recently (I dream of monsters). When I lock them in their cage and shut the lights off at night, I don't know what happens because when I shine the light at them they pretend like nothing happened. The same is true for my audio system, but apparently the ERS Paper protects from any damage that might occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick82 View Post
My girlfriend was supposed to stay here 6 days but she left upset after 16 hours because I like my computers more than I like her, she said it was disturbing. But computers are not ERS Paper so I think I'm ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
You are fine Patrick, don't worry.
Just call her back and show her your judge cable.
I am sure she'll stay.
I traveled to her at 5am in the morning to say that I like her more than my computers. Then she came to my place with her rabbits again. She sat in front of my audio system to do her homework and I asked her if she wants to listen to music on my hugely upgraded system, she said yes. Then I asked her "does it sound better than last time?" she said no and asked if the books on top of the speakers have anything to do with it, I said yes, she asked what the difference was, I said there is more clarity, she said "you make up new stuff every time to get more clarity". Then I told her I will remove the books so she can hear the reduction of clarity, after the books had been removed she paused for a moment and then continued to do her homework. I think she was speechless. Showing her that I'm an audiophile felt like opening Pandora's box.
post #63 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick82 View Post
I traveled to her at 5am in the morning to say that I like her more than my computers. Then she came to my place with her rabbits again. She sat in front of my audio system to do her homework and I asked her if she wants to listen to music on my hugely upgraded system, she said yes. Then I asked her "does it sound better than last time?" she said no and asked if the books on top of the speakers have anything to do with it, I said yes, she asked what the difference was, I said there is more clarity, she said "you make up new stuff every time to get more clarity". Then I told her I will remove the books so she can hear the reduction of clarity, after the books had been removed she paused for a moment and then continued to do her homework. I think she was speechless. Showing her that I'm an audiophile felt like opening Pandora's box.
Or..maybe not?
post #64 of 87
Patrick, you should explain to your naive girlfriend that at 5am people and rabbits pursue other activities not studying.
If she doesn't know what you mean ask her to watch the rabbits, the birds, the cats etc.
post #65 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick82 View Post
How did you do it?
I have not redone my room yet but this is my friends setup
imgur: the simple image sharer
post #66 of 87
Your friend has the same AVR as me, and the computer tower I was planning to use when I build my new comp (changed my mind on that though, probably going with this instead).
post #67 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baird GoW View Post
I have not redone my room yet but this is my friends setup
imgur: the simple image sharer
*waves hi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpalsm View Post
Your friend has the same AVR as me, and the computer tower I was planning to use when I build my new comp (changed my mind on that though, probably going with this instead).
Do I? The HK 3390 looks like all of Harmon Kardon's other receivers, this one is just stereo not 5.1 or anything.
post #68 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by somestranger26 View Post
Do I? The HK 3390 looks like all of Harmon Kardon's other receivers, this one is just stereo not 5.1 or anything.
Yeah guess that's a good point. Mine is actually an AVR254, it's a 7.1 receiver. I'm actually fairly displeased with it as a surround receiver. For playing music, the harman/kardon is unrivaled in it's price range though.
post #69 of 87
I have the same HK 3390 as my friend its awesome
I have yet to redo my room but at least the rc-10 comes with plugs in case they are near a wall it wont be boomy. But i did position them so they dont get early reflections.

Waiting for my PRO 900s to arrive...
post #70 of 87
Wish my camera was halfway decent, all I have is the one in my phone, but it gives you the general idea of my stereo setup...what camera do you use? It seems to take pretty decent pictures.



Those are old Sansui S-517 speakers sitting next to a 32" Sony HDTV (turned it off so the picture wouldn't be even worse)

Is that Foobar2000 I see on the right monitor? Our layouts are nearly identical, weird.

post #71 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baird GoW View Post
I have not redone my room yet but this is my friends setup
imgur: the simple image sharer
I'm confused, my left speaker is as close to the wall as his?
post #72 of 87
Kpalsm: I see you're a big fan of FF music also. \o/

And while I'm here......

post #73 of 87
OK, I just watched the Bunny Test Video. Way cool. Still waiting for photo or video of girlfriend. Don't film bunnies and figure we assume the girlfriend is real because you say she has bunnies, and so on...
post #74 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus Short View Post
OK, I just watched the Bunny Test Video. Way cool. Still waiting for photo or video of girlfriend. Don't film bunnies and figure we assume the girlfriend is real because you say she has bunnies, and so on...
Me Too

Lazarus are you going to be a member of the panel in the Patrick's Perfect Woman competition?
post #75 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
Lazarus are you going to be a member of the panel in the Patrick's Perfect Woman competition?
Not sure I'd want to...

BTW, if
the source is the brain and
the transport is the lungs and
the amp is the heart and
the cables are the veins

are the speakers the a**hole??????

BTW #2: can anyone see the photoshop error in the photo of Chuck Norris in the above post?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › My pretty ERS Paper - pics and videos