- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing between AKG 701, DT 880, AD900's and AH-D2000's Last post on 7/2/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K-701, Beyer DT-990/880, or ATH AD-900. Need Help Last post on 11/23/10 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Some Help! Last post on 8/1/10 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How important is distortion in choosing headphones? Last post on 12/14/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Unamped headphones with the widest soundstage Last post on 8/26/11 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701 - Page 2post #16 of 1712/11/09 at 7:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 178/18/10 at 1:09pm
My astro mixamp barely had enough juice to get a decent volume out of my DT770 Pro 250ohm, I shudder to think what max volume would sound like on my K702 since these take about 3 knobs or so more on my super high gain amp.
And while the JVC-DH1 supports DTS, its technology for Dolby Headphone is a grade lower than the mixamp but it can also be better utilized with amplification since it doesn't have a built in amp to my knowledge.
Anyway with headphone mode enabled in a game like Bad Company 2 it is more pin point than my DT770 pro. With the DT770 I was able to get directional cues and sort of have a cone of fire idea of where the sound came from but on this headphones the cone is significantly reduced. So much so I was able to pinpoint hte exact angle someone was going to jump out at me from(I was hiding behind a rock, I could hear him and bam when he came out my angle compensation was spot on perfect with these headphones, no need to readjust my aim just pew pew pew. I was very very impressed by this right off the bat, definite afvantage.
The DT770's on the other hand have built in force feedback, as in you can feel the heck out of every big boom. Though... you can also hear the cage of your headphones rattle(some kind of resonance?). If you value feel in your explosions and want to sacrifice positioning these will be awesome. Just my 2 cents. With the K701/2 you can hear the explosions and they can be punchy as all heck(imo perfectly enjoyable) but you don't really "feel" it. At the very least no where near bass heavy cans.
Both need decent ampage to bring alive but if you have the right amp it is worth it completely. Now if you want to risk crackling, pops or slightly lower SQ in the name of positioning and 5.1 you can try connecting the mixamp to an actual amp or you can wait until someone inevitably makes another solution. At the same time gaming headsets seem to be headed in the wrong direction(6-8 speakers with a woofer crammed onto your head is probably the worst surround sound solution,,, so it is possible we never see it.
Found this thread looking for a mic mod, those headset mics seem to drown ambient nose better than say.. a logitech USB mic.
Edited by ninjikiran - 8/18/10 at 1:14pm
- Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Reschelled TG334 by UM 50 seconds ago
- › Stax 007 and 009 storage issue. Advise needed! 50 seconds ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 1 minute ago
- › what portable headphones under 400USD 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio 234 MONO monoblock amplifier official release 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude