- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing between AKG 701, DT 880, AD900's and AH-D2000's Last post on 7/2/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K-701, Beyer DT-990/880, or ATH AD-900. Need Help Last post on 11/23/10 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Some Help! Last post on 8/1/10 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How important is distortion in choosing headphones? Last post on 12/14/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Unamped headphones with the widest soundstage Last post on 8/26/11 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701 - Page 2post #16 of 1712/11/09 at 7:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 178/18/10 at 1:09pm
My astro mixamp barely had enough juice to get a decent volume out of my DT770 Pro 250ohm, I shudder to think what max volume would sound like on my K702 since these take about 3 knobs or so more on my super high gain amp.
And while the JVC-DH1 supports DTS, its technology for Dolby Headphone is a grade lower than the mixamp but it can also be better utilized with amplification since it doesn't have a built in amp to my knowledge.
Anyway with headphone mode enabled in a game like Bad Company 2 it is more pin point than my DT770 pro. With the DT770 I was able to get directional cues and sort of have a cone of fire idea of where the sound came from but on this headphones the cone is significantly reduced. So much so I was able to pinpoint hte exact angle someone was going to jump out at me from(I was hiding behind a rock, I could hear him and bam when he came out my angle compensation was spot on perfect with these headphones, no need to readjust my aim just pew pew pew. I was very very impressed by this right off the bat, definite afvantage.
The DT770's on the other hand have built in force feedback, as in you can feel the heck out of every big boom. Though... you can also hear the cage of your headphones rattle(some kind of resonance?). If you value feel in your explosions and want to sacrifice positioning these will be awesome. Just my 2 cents. With the K701/2 you can hear the explosions and they can be punchy as all heck(imo perfectly enjoyable) but you don't really "feel" it. At the very least no where near bass heavy cans.
Both need decent ampage to bring alive but if you have the right amp it is worth it completely. Now if you want to risk crackling, pops or slightly lower SQ in the name of positioning and 5.1 you can try connecting the mixamp to an actual amp or you can wait until someone inevitably makes another solution. At the same time gaming headsets seem to be headed in the wrong direction(6-8 speakers with a woofer crammed onto your head is probably the worst surround sound solution,,, so it is possible we never see it.
Found this thread looking for a mic mod, those headset mics seem to drown ambient nose better than say.. a logitech USB mic.
Edited by ninjikiran - 8/18/10 at 1:14pm
- Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 38 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Volume Settings for PC-USB-DAC/AMP? 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › how to Merge two different mp3 files? 5 minutes ago
- › Need Help Deciding on a new pair of Headphones ($500 or under) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2