- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing between AKG 701, DT 880, AD900's and AH-D2000's Last post on 7/2/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K-701, Beyer DT-990/880, or ATH AD-900. Need Help Last post on 11/23/10 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Some Help! Last post on 8/1/10 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How important is distortion in choosing headphones? Last post on 12/14/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Unamped headphones with the widest soundstage Last post on 8/26/11 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701 - Page 2post #16 of 1712/11/09 at 7:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 178/18/10 at 1:09pm
My astro mixamp barely had enough juice to get a decent volume out of my DT770 Pro 250ohm, I shudder to think what max volume would sound like on my K702 since these take about 3 knobs or so more on my super high gain amp.
And while the JVC-DH1 supports DTS, its technology for Dolby Headphone is a grade lower than the mixamp but it can also be better utilized with amplification since it doesn't have a built in amp to my knowledge.
Anyway with headphone mode enabled in a game like Bad Company 2 it is more pin point than my DT770 pro. With the DT770 I was able to get directional cues and sort of have a cone of fire idea of where the sound came from but on this headphones the cone is significantly reduced. So much so I was able to pinpoint hte exact angle someone was going to jump out at me from(I was hiding behind a rock, I could hear him and bam when he came out my angle compensation was spot on perfect with these headphones, no need to readjust my aim just pew pew pew. I was very very impressed by this right off the bat, definite afvantage.
The DT770's on the other hand have built in force feedback, as in you can feel the heck out of every big boom. Though... you can also hear the cage of your headphones rattle(some kind of resonance?). If you value feel in your explosions and want to sacrifice positioning these will be awesome. Just my 2 cents. With the K701/2 you can hear the explosions and they can be punchy as all heck(imo perfectly enjoyable) but you don't really "feel" it. At the very least no where near bass heavy cans.
Both need decent ampage to bring alive but if you have the right amp it is worth it completely. Now if you want to risk crackling, pops or slightly lower SQ in the name of positioning and 5.1 you can try connecting the mixamp to an actual amp or you can wait until someone inevitably makes another solution. At the same time gaming headsets seem to be headed in the wrong direction(6-8 speakers with a woofer crammed onto your head is probably the worst surround sound solution,,, so it is possible we never see it.
Found this thread looking for a mic mod, those headset mics seem to drown ambient nose better than say.. a logitech USB mic.
Edited by ninjikiran - 8/18/10 at 1:14pm
- Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman He-400 vs Sennheiser hd600 vs Fidelio x1 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)