- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing between AKG 701, DT 880, AD900's and AH-D2000's Last post on 7/2/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K-701, Beyer DT-990/880, or ATH AD-900. Need Help Last post on 11/23/10 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Some Help! Last post on 8/1/10 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How important is distortion in choosing headphones? Last post on 12/14/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Unamped headphones with the widest soundstage Last post on 8/26/11 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701 - Page 2post #16 of 1712/11/09 at 7:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 178/18/10 at 1:09pm
My astro mixamp barely had enough juice to get a decent volume out of my DT770 Pro 250ohm, I shudder to think what max volume would sound like on my K702 since these take about 3 knobs or so more on my super high gain amp.
And while the JVC-DH1 supports DTS, its technology for Dolby Headphone is a grade lower than the mixamp but it can also be better utilized with amplification since it doesn't have a built in amp to my knowledge.
Anyway with headphone mode enabled in a game like Bad Company 2 it is more pin point than my DT770 pro. With the DT770 I was able to get directional cues and sort of have a cone of fire idea of where the sound came from but on this headphones the cone is significantly reduced. So much so I was able to pinpoint hte exact angle someone was going to jump out at me from(I was hiding behind a rock, I could hear him and bam when he came out my angle compensation was spot on perfect with these headphones, no need to readjust my aim just pew pew pew. I was very very impressed by this right off the bat, definite afvantage.
The DT770's on the other hand have built in force feedback, as in you can feel the heck out of every big boom. Though... you can also hear the cage of your headphones rattle(some kind of resonance?). If you value feel in your explosions and want to sacrifice positioning these will be awesome. Just my 2 cents. With the K701/2 you can hear the explosions and they can be punchy as all heck(imo perfectly enjoyable) but you don't really "feel" it. At the very least no where near bass heavy cans.
Both need decent ampage to bring alive but if you have the right amp it is worth it completely. Now if you want to risk crackling, pops or slightly lower SQ in the name of positioning and 5.1 you can try connecting the mixamp to an actual amp or you can wait until someone inevitably makes another solution. At the same time gaming headsets seem to be headed in the wrong direction(6-8 speakers with a woofer crammed onto your head is probably the worst surround sound solution,,, so it is possible we never see it.
Found this thread looking for a mic mod, those headset mics seem to drown ambient nose better than say.. a logitech USB mic.
Edited by ninjikiran - 8/18/10 at 1:14pm
- Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Help with Xonar Audio Center/Equalizer settings for gaming 19 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 37 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 59 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Slight hiss coming from Bose QC25 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)