- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing between AKG 701, DT 880, AD900's and AH-D2000's Last post on 7/2/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K-701, Beyer DT-990/880, or ATH AD-900. Need Help Last post on 11/23/10 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Some Help! Last post on 8/1/10 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How important is distortion in choosing headphones? Last post on 12/14/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Unamped headphones with the widest soundstage Last post on 8/26/11 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701 - Page 2post #16 of 1712/11/09 at 7:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 178/18/10 at 1:09pm
My astro mixamp barely had enough juice to get a decent volume out of my DT770 Pro 250ohm, I shudder to think what max volume would sound like on my K702 since these take about 3 knobs or so more on my super high gain amp.
And while the JVC-DH1 supports DTS, its technology for Dolby Headphone is a grade lower than the mixamp but it can also be better utilized with amplification since it doesn't have a built in amp to my knowledge.
Anyway with headphone mode enabled in a game like Bad Company 2 it is more pin point than my DT770 pro. With the DT770 I was able to get directional cues and sort of have a cone of fire idea of where the sound came from but on this headphones the cone is significantly reduced. So much so I was able to pinpoint hte exact angle someone was going to jump out at me from(I was hiding behind a rock, I could hear him and bam when he came out my angle compensation was spot on perfect with these headphones, no need to readjust my aim just pew pew pew. I was very very impressed by this right off the bat, definite afvantage.
The DT770's on the other hand have built in force feedback, as in you can feel the heck out of every big boom. Though... you can also hear the cage of your headphones rattle(some kind of resonance?). If you value feel in your explosions and want to sacrifice positioning these will be awesome. Just my 2 cents. With the K701/2 you can hear the explosions and they can be punchy as all heck(imo perfectly enjoyable) but you don't really "feel" it. At the very least no where near bass heavy cans.
Both need decent ampage to bring alive but if you have the right amp it is worth it completely. Now if you want to risk crackling, pops or slightly lower SQ in the name of positioning and 5.1 you can try connecting the mixamp to an actual amp or you can wait until someone inevitably makes another solution. At the same time gaming headsets seem to be headed in the wrong direction(6-8 speakers with a woofer crammed onto your head is probably the worst surround sound solution,,, so it is possible we never see it.
Found this thread looking for a mic mod, those headset mics seem to drown ambient nose better than say.. a logitech USB mic.
Edited by ninjikiran - 8/18/10 at 1:14pm
- Best Gaming and Movie Headphone AD900 or DT880 or AKG K701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "The Lab" 13 seconds ago
- › Could a moderate amount of steam coming from my shower hurt my open... 48 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 56 seconds ago
- › Need Earphones store-bought recommendations in $30 range 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Can you recommend a portable/desktop amp 3 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3