- 47 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBOSE Companion 2 Series Itagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
- productBose QuietComfort QC 1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Bose QuietComfort Line Renew Date Last post on 9/9/13 at 8:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats by Dre Solo HD vs. Bose QuietComfort 15 Last post on 12/12/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What can I get for $300? Last post on 11/30/13 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DT 770 80 ohm / amp help? Last post on 11/27/13 at 2:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Phone Recommendations.. Last post on 11/11/13 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Difference in SQ Between the Bose QC2 and QC15? Worth Upgrading? - Page 3post #31 of 3412/21/09 at 7:42pmI concur with Longhorn above. I too own the ATH-ANC7 and the QC2s and on an airplane, with noise cancelling active, the QC2s have better noise cancelling and, to my ears, they sound better. The ATH-ANC7 may sound better than the Bose in a quiet environment with noise cancelling turned off, but that isn't the environment that I purchased the headphones for.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3410/20/12 at 10:35pm
I have the QC2 and I did a side by side comparison with the ATH-ANC7 (a friend brought it to work) and the QC2 was far better in terms of noise cancellation. I am satisfied with the QC2's sound quality and the muffs are very comfortable and can be worn for hours. Again compared to the AT, it feels soft. My friend concurred with the sound quality. He only bought the AT because it was cheaper.post #33 of 3410/20/12 at 10:46pm
Bose is good at one thing in headphones -- active noise cancellation. If you want sound quality, or one of the more fruitful ways of doing sound cancellation (ie passive like earplug style headphones can get -- seriously, canalphones blow the bose out of the water in isolation, value, sound quality), then you need to go away from ANC and Bose entirely. But if for some reason you can't use canalphones, have money to burn, aren't too much of a stickler in sound quality, require active noise cancellation rather than passive, than the Bose models are okay.
Edited by Gluegun - 10/20/12 at 10:47pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difference in SQ Between the Bose QC2 and QC15? Worth Upgrading?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 8 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 10 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 26 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe