- 47 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBOSE Companion 2 Series Itagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
- productBose QuietComfort QC 1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Bose QuietComfort Line Renew Date Last post on 9/9/13 at 8:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser 558 vs. NC headphones like PXC450 or Bose QC15? Last post on 4/8/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose QC15 brown Limited Edition Real vs Fake Last post on 4/1/14 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose Companion 2 MkIII or Creativeworks T20/T40 Last post on 3/8/14 at 5:26am in Computer Audio
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
Difference in SQ Between the Bose QC2 and QC15? Worth Upgrading? - Page 3post #31 of 3412/21/09 at 7:42pmI concur with Longhorn above. I too own the ATH-ANC7 and the QC2s and on an airplane, with noise cancelling active, the QC2s have better noise cancelling and, to my ears, they sound better. The ATH-ANC7 may sound better than the Bose in a quiet environment with noise cancelling turned off, but that isn't the environment that I purchased the headphones for.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3410/20/12 at 10:35pm
I have the QC2 and I did a side by side comparison with the ATH-ANC7 (a friend brought it to work) and the QC2 was far better in terms of noise cancellation. I am satisfied with the QC2's sound quality and the muffs are very comfortable and can be worn for hours. Again compared to the AT, it feels soft. My friend concurred with the sound quality. He only bought the AT because it was cheaper.post #33 of 3410/20/12 at 10:46pm
Bose is good at one thing in headphones -- active noise cancellation. If you want sound quality, or one of the more fruitful ways of doing sound cancellation (ie passive like earplug style headphones can get -- seriously, canalphones blow the bose out of the water in isolation, value, sound quality), then you need to go away from ANC and Bose entirely. But if for some reason you can't use canalphones, have money to burn, aren't too much of a stickler in sound quality, require active noise cancellation rather than passive, than the Bose models are okay.
Edited by Gluegun - 10/20/12 at 10:47pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difference in SQ Between the Bose QC2 and QC15? Worth Upgrading?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Recommendations needed for a new headphone (budget: $200/flexible) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 3 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob