- 47 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBOSE Companion 2 Series Itagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
- productBose QuietComfort QC 1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Bose QuietComfort Line Renew Date Last post on 9/9/13 at 8:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your Opinion Matters Last post on 6/16/14 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose QC 15 vs Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 6/7/14 at 7:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparing my QC15's & PX200's & HD228's...makes me want yet another pair! Last post on 5/29/14 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Something to be aware of before buying Bose Quietcomfort 15? Last post on 5/28/14 at 2:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Difference in SQ Between the Bose QC2 and QC15? Worth Upgrading? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the QC2 and I did a side by side comparison with the ATH-ANC7 (a friend brought it to work) and the QC2 was far better in terms of noise cancellation. I am satisfied with the QC2's sound quality and the muffs are very comfortable and can be worn for hours. Again compared to the AT, it feels soft. My friend concurred with the sound quality. He only bought the AT because it was cheaper.
Bose is good at one thing in headphones -- active noise cancellation. If you want sound quality, or one of the more fruitful ways of doing sound cancellation (ie passive like earplug style headphones can get -- seriously, canalphones blow the bose out of the water in isolation, value, sound quality), then you need to go away from ANC and Bose entirely. But if for some reason you can't use canalphones, have money to burn, aren't too much of a stickler in sound quality, require active noise cancellation rather than passive, than the Bose models are okay.
Edited by Gluegun - 10/20/12 at 10:47pm
- Difference in SQ Between the Bose QC2 and QC15? Worth Upgrading?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Corda 2 move portable headphone amp 1 minute ago
- › A big life decision. Well, maybe. 3 minutes ago
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD381 Series - Mini Review & Comparisons 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 minutes ago
- › IEMs that are way low priced for it's sonic quality 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)