Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › MP3 player instead of iPod Nano 3G!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MP3 player instead of iPod Nano 3G! - Page 3

post #31 of 36
^^good choice mate
p.s:cowon s9 is expensive because of ite AMOLED touch screen and its top notch SQ and EQ effects
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
^^good choice mate
p.s:cowon s9 is expensive because of ite AMOLED touch screen and its top notch SQ and EQ effects
... and the design, the features, the customizable interface, the size, the battery life, the massive onboard storage (compared to the Clip/Clip+/Fuze), etc etc.

I think the OP needs to sit down and do himself or herself a Pros/Cons list and figure out precisely what matters the most while discarding the stuff that really doesn't matter.

SQ for a fantastic price = Clip+ or Fuze, hands down. Spend the least amount of money you can on a fantastic device for the source, throw in some extra storage on the cheap (8GB microSD cards are under $20 these days if you're paying attention) and then spend the bulk of the funds on the earbuds/headphones/IEMs... that's the best advice you're going to get.
post #33 of 36
Thread Starter 
Okay, thanks. I think the Fuze will be good for me.
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by honfoglalo View Post
My Klipsch S4 isn't pretty good?..
Welcome to Head-fi. Honestly, sometimes you have to try the expensive stuff to hear what you're missing. Ignorance is bliss, but upgrading is better. Appreciate what you have, but upgrading your headphones will make the music experience even more powerful. There's a reason why the better stuff costs more.
post #35 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bba1973 View Post
Welcome to Head-fi. Honestly, sometimes you have to try the expensive stuff to hear what you're missing. Ignorance is bliss, but upgrading is better. Appreciate what you have, but upgrading your headphones will make the music experience even more powerful. There's a reason why the better stuff costs more.
Okay. But i dont want to spend more than 150$ on an earphone.
Ive heard sy said, the Sony players has better SQ than Fuze.
Which Sony would be fine, about 150$, not the X-series. Minimum 8Gb.

Thanks.
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by honfoglalo View Post
Okay. But i dont want to spend more than 150$ on an earphone.
Ive heard sy said, the Sony players has better SQ than Fuze.
Which Sony would be fine, about 150$, not the X-series. Minimum 8Gb.

Thanks.
Unless you use something really crappy like an older PSP or a cell phone, the source (assuming you have high-bitrate lossy or lossless audio files) won't make much of a difference. A Sony player may sound a little bit better than the Fuze, but you may have to trade off other features in favor of slightly better SQ. The Sony might have better EQ functions, but might not have a memory card slot. See what I mean? If you can find a store that will let you try them out, go there.

I'm not trying to pick on you and your S4's, but using better IEMs will make way more of a difference than a different MP3 player. By all means, enjoy what you have, but sometimes you don't know what you're missing until you hear something better. I didn't like being told to upgrade my IEMs, but it was completely worth it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › MP3 player instead of iPod Nano 3G!