- 1,137 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- High End CIEM/IEM Thread! Last post on Today at 7:46 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 11/17/14 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JHAudio IEM's - Jerry's Brief Descriptions Last post on 1/10/12 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Wow! The Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB (also known as "Don't go to Yodobashi" lol) - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also, Final Audio, unlike headfi regulars, are not a typical audiophile company. They are obviously marketed towards the person with more disposable dosh who is interested in natural construction and physical beauty.
Our Headfi usuals: the VW, Volvo, and Saab of earphones, do not compare to a Porsche simply because of economy. One might actually outpace a Porsche in certain tests, but it isn't the same car at all and I think that is what Final are aiming at.
There are certain things the 1601 does which gives me the shivers, but generally, it isn't priced to compete in the same market of cost/performance audio stuff like we see here.
We tend to think at Headfi that we are crazy audiophiles, but the amount we spend is often much much closer to the sane side of audiophiledom.
So judging a product like the FAD earphones purely on price is silly unless all you care about is cost/performance and happen to shop solely on Thursday. They may sound good, they may sound bad, but the point with FAD doesn't seem to be parity with anything in the market; FAD rather, want to slaughter hitherto perceptions of the word 'earphone'.
Speaking of which, on a closer look I must say Porsche don't do them justice, it's at least Ferrari or Lamborghini for me...
Their speaker systems cost 600 000$! Good or not, only people with a lot of money can buy them. If FAD were competing with Westone etc., their products would probably look and sound the same.
They have a specialised sound which many don't like, but some really do. I wasn't praising them, just saying that they are about as comparable to what headfiers consider normal as a Lambourghini is to a VW. If you have the dosh and want a very tailored sound, go for it, but otherwise, FAD really are geared to a different market.
I disagree a bit. I had Westone customs (the ES2) and they just fell apart with a lot of use, and of course, right after the warranty ran out. The ES2 did not sound better than the 1601-SB to my ears, and I've used Sony players for awhile. Fit wise, you're spot on. You won't get better than customs.
Sadly, the FI-BA-SS ones tempt me. I'll probably wait until I go to Japan next year to audition them.
Edited by FenderP - 5/20/10 at 10:34pm
- Wow! The Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB (also known as "Don't go to Yodobashi" lol)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Wyred4Sound Dac-2 2 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? ( updated on 7/11/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Guarding oneself against insurance fraud
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3