Man, screw MP4 Nation. Never again.
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 5/22/15 at 9:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Worth getting the FiiO E7 over E1 and or E5? Last post on 3/14/11 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- How does the fiio e1 compare to e5? Last post on 9/8/10 at 10:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Suggestions for portable amp for iphone 3G + super.fi 5 Last post on 2/19/10 at 9:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E1 Review Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am very unhappy with Mp4 nation , i ordered this thing since 08/13 and it hasnt arrived yet !!!!!!!!!!! i dont know if its because i am from Mexico or what but i expected something close to the 4 to 14 days they claim ........But oh well , i wont be making the same mmistake twice , next time i am buring from Micca or from Lamda something , i dont remember the name , gezz i am angry cuz my portapro's left side has stop working and my only headphone (well my only decent headphone ) is the PXC250 wich i need an amp for in order to hear the music when on the bus ...........Now i know what Olor meant with that never again
For amp, I use either iBasso T3 + LOD or Fiio E1, and for headphones I use either Yuin PK1 or Head-Direct RE0.
I would say that, when compared to the T3, the E1 is definitely lacking. However, it is not bad in the least. For me, when not ABXing the E1 with the T3, the E1 sounds quite good. It is definitely fine for casual/background listening, better than through the headphone jack of a Nano 4G for sure. I very recently got an iPod 5G but have not listened to the headphone jack very much so I can't say with certainty how the E1 compares to that. The T3 gives basically a more focused, cleaner sound than the E1, but the E1 is still very good with the RE0, and is worth the cost for the convenience of the remote alone. I actually use the E1 more for that reason; I use my iPod at work all day and I don't have time to take the iPod out of my pocket all the time just to pause it or change the song or what have you. Also, I don't have to worry about damaging the E1 in my pocket the same way I would have to with a typical LOD when used in conjunction with T3. Besides, even if it does get damaged, it's just $20 for another.
Edited by f4phantom2500 - 9/8/10 at 4:16am
i feel it gives the pxc250 a hefty volume boost a more clarity
and most of all bass!!!!! i always tought these headphones to sound
very clear but with close to no bass but now it sounds great i can really hear ringos drumss a lot better
now ill be happy till xmas ill convince my wife to get me the e7 for xmas abd ill buy the panasonic zirconia
from j r :P
Why does everything have to come with a ream of cable?! Why can't AKG sell a headphone cable shorter than 3 metres? I'm definitely looking to buy one of those if anyone can do the job.. message me!
I ride a motorcycle (harley) without a helmet and use my iPod Classic 80 Gig with a pair of old Shure E3c's earbud as my music source. I have a magnetic pouch that I attach to my tank with a clear plastic face to opperate the iPod wheel. The issue I have is even without gloves I cannot control the volume levels when riding because you have to use the iPod wheel through the plastic and the touch is too sensative to be accurate. When you get up to speed, I need to increase the volume and when you lower your speed I need some kind of remote. When wearing gloves it's impossible to control the volume. I think the FiiO E1 would work for me to have an external button system that would help me control my volume. Does anyone else know of another solution for me? Oh and of course I would like to get better sound.
I am looking for a Fiio E1 with the following short cable (around 10cm) mod. Please contact me if you are selling one. I am offering $25 shipped to Texas USA. Thanks.
Oh sorry guys, I wasn't following the thread.
Opening the plug was actually easy, just get a tiny and flat screwdriver.
Here is the pic:
I guess you get the idea, you have to stick the screwdriver between the big white enclosing and the top part which holds the plug together. The plastic is not that flexible, but with careful pressure you'll be able to get the screwdriver in-between. Look at the plug, you'll see that the top part was put onto the white enclosing, you'll see the edge where you'll have to push your screwdriver in. Be careful, the top part is glued to the pcb, but you'll be able to get it off easily. You will have to bend the top part a bit, just to get it out, don't overdo it.
Soldering the thing will be a pain in the... prepare a magnifying glass.
A stock Fiio E1 should work for you. You may want controls to be as big as possible, since you are wearing gloves. I do not recommend riding motorcycle without helmet while fiddling with remote control/iPod though.
Excuse me for nerco'ing the thread, but I was wondering...
I'm considering picking up an E1 to use with an iPod Mini and, possibly, an iPhone 4s. Considering that the E1 is only $9.95 on Amazon, does it still represent reasonable bang for the buck or would I be better off saving for something else?
- Fiio E1 Review Thread
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 7 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 10 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 10 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 14 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 15 minutes ago
- › BTG-Audio 18 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2