Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! - Page 9

post #121 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcg888 View Post
My fakes

Yellow Open here strip is smaller and duller.
Imageshack - 73144486

The S on the back of the fake earphone has a moat around it
Imageshack - 14435819
Imageshack - 32047112

Real one photos, quite a blatant difference (i think!) Massive images!
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...pi/IEM/ie8.jpg
http://robfollis.org/photolibrary/Se...close-dark.jpg

Oh and i wouldn't worry about the L and R lettering being turned or not. From some official photos they are turned and some the aren't.
damn, I couldn't see the difference between Fake and real one...............

Sorry to hear you got the fake one,good luck, man

There are massive IE8 floating around FS forum now..........horrendous, don't know which one selling fake one
post #122 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jynjyn View Post
Hi, one of the sellers in amazon has supplied me with these pictures for a used set (there's a tear on the box). Can anyone please help me verify the authenticity of these IE8s. He claims it to be genuine and has been receiving about 3000+ positive feedback.






Really hope my upgrade from my IE7s goes well with this..
Ask the seller to supply better pictures. Those don't show enough.
post #123 of 1167
Looks real to me
post #124 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Ask the seller to supply better pictures. Those don't show enough.
Which kind of pictures? More of the box or the headphones?
post #125 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jynjyn View Post
Which kind of pictures? More of the box or the headphones?
Read post #1
post #126 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jynjyn View Post
Hi, one of the sellers in amazon has supplied me with these pictures for a used set (there's a tear on the box). Can anyone please help me verify the authenticity of these IE8s. He claims it to be genuine and has been receiving about 3000+ positive feedback.






Really hope my upgrade from my IE7s goes well with this..



More closeups of the pictures from the Amazon seller.





I could see the red wire, but could not not tell about the S logo on the right earpiece
post #127 of 1167

Being an Authorized Dealer for this product is tough!!

As one of the few Authorized Dealers on eBay, I can tell you that all these fakes have come out of nowhere! When I started selling this item, there were none, now they are everywhere. Wholesale cost is around $250 and MAP is $399 so if you EVER SEE the buy it now price for under $300, they are FAKE!

I've even had to resort to posting a pic of my invoices from Sennheiser to prove I'm a dealer. It's a shame that it's come to that.

Sennheiser IE 8 Professional Portable IE8 Earphones NEW - eBay (item 350291394682 end time Dec-19-09 16:32:57 PST)
post #128 of 1167
You might want to photoshop out your customer # and email address from the invoice picture you posted just to be safe.
post #129 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorDog! Deals View Post
As one of the few Authorized Dealers on eBay, I can tell you that all these fakes have come out of nowhere! When I started selling this item, there were none, now they are everywhere. Wholesale cost is around $250 and MAP is $399 so if you EVER SEE the buy it now price for under $300, they are FAKE!

I've even had to resort to posting a pic of my invoices from Sennheiser to prove I'm a dealer. It's a shame that it's come to that.

Sennheiser IE 8 Professional Portable IE8 Earphones NEW - eBay (item 350291394682 end time Dec-19-09 16:32:57 PST)
I can confirm IE8 fakes (whether he realizes it or not) being sold by the following eBay seller, so watch out!

eBay My World - premium-earphones

Also, confirmed with Sennheiser that RazorDogDeals is an authorized seller. Excellent to work with!
post #130 of 1167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jynjyn View Post
More closeups of the pictures from the Amazon seller.





I could see the red wire, but could not not tell about the S logo on the right earpiece
It looks real to me. The logo does seem to have very thin lines that barely touch the "S", which is how it's supposed to be.

I would still be hesitant buying any IE8s used though. Who knows what they will incorporate to make them look as realistic as possible.
post #131 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi-Freak View Post
I wonder if it is possible for an 'authorised dealer' to stock fake IE8's?

I'm not sure how exactly the authorised dealers are supplied so I'm wondering whether their suppliers have to be acknoweldged by Sennheiser themselves as a genuine supplier or if these authorized shop dealers just go ahead and pick any supplier.

If the latter is the case, couldn't it be possible that an authorised dealer chooses a fake supplier and then mistakenly sells fake products from their authorised dealership?

I wonder if anyone here can shed some light on this.

-edit-

Oh and thanks for posting this comparison SolidVictory

When the fake looks so close anything is possible. Best Buy is an authorized dealer. There is nothing stopping the employee there from switching them out. In a bigger business the stakes are even higher.
post #132 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidVictory View Post
It looks real to me. The logo does seem to have very thin lines that barely touch the "S", which is how it's supposed to be.

I would still be hesitant buying any IE8s used though. Who knows what they will incorporate to make them look as realistic as possible.

I went to their shop today in London, tested it and it was genuine. Paid £121 quid for it. Compared to buying it on ebay which was cheaper for about £90-£100 quid, being able to test drive it gave me a sense of comfort.

Currently selling my IE7s now. (:
post #133 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jynjyn View Post
I went to their shop today in London, tested it and it was genuine. Paid £121 quid for it. Compared to buying it on ebay which was cheaper for about £90-£100 quid, being able to test drive it gave me a sense of comfort.

Currently selling my IE7s now. (:
£121,Good price!!
post #134 of 1167
Update:

Amazon gave me full refund on those fake IE8's.

Disgusted with that I purchased Shure SE530 PTH.

I like to call it destiny.
post #135 of 1167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by votdfak View Post
Update:

Amazon gave me full refund on those fake IE8's.

Disgusted with that I purchased Shure SE530 PTH.

I like to call it destiny.
If you believe in destiny then you're destined to meet a pair of real IE8s in the future and then you'll give up your SE530's .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!