The thing is I have the washer and the packaging seems to be genuine as well, I also think they sound pretty good.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 6/16/14 at 10:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mic remote for Senns IE8? Last post on 9/9/11 at 4:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 vs Full size cans Last post on 6/23/11 at 9:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! - Page 73post #1081 of 11813/19/13 at 7:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 11813/21/13 at 1:24pmpost #1083 of 11813/21/13 at 2:13pmpost #1084 of 11813/22/13 at 5:42pmpost #1085 of 11813/27/13 at 7:29pmI might be wrong but I imagine there are more than one factories turning out fakes so some might be better than others and may have varying traits. Mine are definitely fake and I had my suspicions long before I knew there were so many fakes around - One: the price was too good, and - Two: they really don 't sound anything like I expected. I don't have an 'audiophile' ear but I can discern some traits and can hear staging, etc. when it's there. The first real clue was that adjusting the bass screw had little if no effect. I've gone back to my sub-$100 NUforce NE-700X IEMs. The NUforce sound better but now I need a pair that can really benefit from my Pico amp/DAC. Thanks for posting the confirmation I needed to finally face the truth...post #1086 of 11813/31/13 at 1:40pm
I recently purchased a pair of IE8 at insane price from ebay £60. At first I thought they must be fake so I hold my breath.The guy who was selling them was saying that these are from liquidation stock and are genuine. Most of fakers on ebay are trying to sell the story about OEM phones and this kind of nonsense. All feedback was very positive so I took my chance.
When they come I checked the box, B letter from German was missing so it raise my suspicions but... that's it.
Logos on the headphones are razor sharp and all cabling seems to be genuine as well (shape, colour and logos on the jack, connector). Red cable exists. I was shocked for the quality (if these are fake) - looks so genuine. Cable is detachable as well. Magnet is present, photo seems so real (not yellowish) and
What about the sound, At first was pretty poor. I am an owner of proper burn in ultimate ears triple 10 (but cable connector fail so cannot use them anymore). I used them for about 3 years so I know how proper IEM should sound. My music source is cowon d2+ (some flac some high rate mp3). After burning IE8 day and night for about two weeks (with brakes) sound started to be much similar to those from ue triple 10, vocal clear, soundstage very good as well as the bass.
So I don't know I was so lucky? ( I went trough this post to compare phones which are genuine or not for few times so it doesn't make any sense to send any photos). On the box however there is v.1.5 next to bar code so maybe indicating something.
Summary, if my phones are fakes (because of the price and missing B from German box section) these must be the best fakes around, sound quality is just superb if you have a good source (from cheap samsung mp3 player was **** as well as from sony vaio z laptop jack output - sony should be ashamed for its sound system on top end laptop) but from motorola xoom tablet and cowon d2+ is just superb with pulsing bass and wide soundstage.
Maybe I was lucky to get bargain price or maybe chinese are so good I cannot say it. These phones are so genuine looking and sounding so real I am pretty confused regarding the price.post #1087 of 11814/1/13 at 8:18am
Just a reminder. For fake IE8, IE80, there are various grading and are diyed by different people.
A simple search on taobao.com will give you prices ranging from 100RMB to 500RMB.
Chinese, as they are used to fakes, buys them knowing that they are diyed, feedback that indeed there is difference between different diyed ie8/ie80.post #1088 of 11814/10/13 at 6:44amWell, a mouse just killed my high-tier fake IE8s. Thank God it munched on the fakes instead of the authentic ones. Haha. Anyways, found out my fake pair also had the removable cable. You just have to pull and wiggle hard enough. Thought it didn't. Go figure.post #1089 of 11815/14/13 at 8:39pmpost #1090 of 11815/15/13 at 1:08ampost #1091 of 11815/15/13 at 10:03ampost #1092 of 11815/15/13 at 6:24pmpost #1093 of 11815/16/13 at 2:16pmpost #1094 of 11815/16/13 at 8:49pm
You know, I have a real IE8 and a fake IE8 - The mesh is more convex on the fake - you would have to have both in your possession to see the difference - the foam insert is the best determinator - the fake's have yet to be able to replicate the neat and sharp cuts in the foam.post #1095 of 11815/17/13 at 12:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by IvabignReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 58 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › Improving overall sound 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 5 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)