The thing is I have the washer and the packaging seems to be genuine as well, I also think they sound pretty good.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 11/14/13 at 3:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mic remote for Senns IE8? Last post on 9/9/11 at 4:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 vs Full size cans Last post on 6/23/11 at 9:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! - Page 73post #1081 of 11663/19/13 at 7:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 11663/21/13 at 1:24pmpost #1083 of 11663/21/13 at 2:13pmpost #1084 of 11663/22/13 at 5:42pmpost #1085 of 11663/27/13 at 7:29pmI might be wrong but I imagine there are more than one factories turning out fakes so some might be better than others and may have varying traits. Mine are definitely fake and I had my suspicions long before I knew there were so many fakes around - One: the price was too good, and - Two: they really don 't sound anything like I expected. I don't have an 'audiophile' ear but I can discern some traits and can hear staging, etc. when it's there. The first real clue was that adjusting the bass screw had little if no effect. I've gone back to my sub-$100 NUforce NE-700X IEMs. The NUforce sound better but now I need a pair that can really benefit from my Pico amp/DAC. Thanks for posting the confirmation I needed to finally face the truth...post #1086 of 11663/31/13 at 1:40pm
I recently purchased a pair of IE8 at insane price from ebay £60. At first I thought they must be fake so I hold my breath.The guy who was selling them was saying that these are from liquidation stock and are genuine. Most of fakers on ebay are trying to sell the story about OEM phones and this kind of nonsense. All feedback was very positive so I took my chance.
When they come I checked the box, B letter from German was missing so it raise my suspicions but... that's it.
Logos on the headphones are razor sharp and all cabling seems to be genuine as well (shape, colour and logos on the jack, connector). Red cable exists. I was shocked for the quality (if these are fake) - looks so genuine. Cable is detachable as well. Magnet is present, photo seems so real (not yellowish) and
What about the sound, At first was pretty poor. I am an owner of proper burn in ultimate ears triple 10 (but cable connector fail so cannot use them anymore). I used them for about 3 years so I know how proper IEM should sound. My music source is cowon d2+ (some flac some high rate mp3). After burning IE8 day and night for about two weeks (with brakes) sound started to be much similar to those from ue triple 10, vocal clear, soundstage very good as well as the bass.
So I don't know I was so lucky? ( I went trough this post to compare phones which are genuine or not for few times so it doesn't make any sense to send any photos). On the box however there is v.1.5 next to bar code so maybe indicating something.
Summary, if my phones are fakes (because of the price and missing B from German box section) these must be the best fakes around, sound quality is just superb if you have a good source (from cheap samsung mp3 player was **** as well as from sony vaio z laptop jack output - sony should be ashamed for its sound system on top end laptop) but from motorola xoom tablet and cowon d2+ is just superb with pulsing bass and wide soundstage.
Maybe I was lucky to get bargain price or maybe chinese are so good I cannot say it. These phones are so genuine looking and sounding so real I am pretty confused regarding the price.post #1087 of 11664/1/13 at 8:18am
Just a reminder. For fake IE8, IE80, there are various grading and are diyed by different people.
A simple search on taobao.com will give you prices ranging from 100RMB to 500RMB.
Chinese, as they are used to fakes, buys them knowing that they are diyed, feedback that indeed there is difference between different diyed ie8/ie80.post #1088 of 11664/10/13 at 6:44amWell, a mouse just killed my high-tier fake IE8s. Thank God it munched on the fakes instead of the authentic ones. Haha. Anyways, found out my fake pair also had the removable cable. You just have to pull and wiggle hard enough. Thought it didn't. Go figure.post #1089 of 11665/14/13 at 8:39pmpost #1090 of 11665/15/13 at 1:08ampost #1091 of 11665/15/13 at 10:03ampost #1092 of 11665/15/13 at 6:24pmpost #1093 of 11665/16/13 at 2:16pmpost #1094 of 11665/16/13 at 8:49pm
You know, I have a real IE8 and a fake IE8 - The mesh is more convex on the fake - you would have to have both in your possession to see the difference - the foam insert is the best determinator - the fake's have yet to be able to replicate the neat and sharp cuts in the foam.post #1095 of 11665/17/13 at 12:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by IvabignReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › Anyone heard / own USB Wireworld Starlight, Starlight 7, or... 13 seconds ago
- › Looking for new DAC, suggestions please... 26 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 30 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 44 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr with BRAND NEW tubes from Schiit 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 3 minutes ago
- › looking for a nice cheap (<100) gift for a friend 4 minutes ago
- › The Wire Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe