Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D5000 or D7000? My problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D5000 or D7000? My problem.

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Hello Head-fiers.

I am having some problems deciding on these 2 highly rated phones and need some opinions once again.

My problem is that I could get the D5000 for 407.23$ new right now at amazon for who knows how long. Last I checked it was 481$. While I could get a like-new D7000 for 699$. But was 628$ brand new at amazon a week ago.

I know the prices fluctuate a lot but I want to know. Is the price difference between the D5000 to D7000 worth it? I mean sonically.

Note: Don't bash noobs.
post #2 of 13
check out prices at J&R.... i paid 550 for the denon ah-d7000... had to call to ask for price and tell them i was a headfi member but thats what i paid back in august or so... i think prices went up but id call and ask them for prices on both cans...
post #3 of 13

D7000s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by migs008 View Post
Hello Head-fiers.

I am having some problems deciding on these 2 highly rated phones and need some opinions once again.

My problem is that I could get the D5000 for 407.23$ new right now at amazon for who knows how long. Last I checked it was 481$. While I could get a like-new D7000 for 699$. But was 628$ brand new at amazon a week ago.

I know the prices fluctuate a lot but I want to know. Is the price difference between the D5000 to D7000 worth it? I mean sonically.

Note: Don't bash noobs.
Honestly, I would go for the D7000s (wait, I did). They are nowhere as boomy in the low end, with very, very nice mids/highs. These are the real thing IMHO and one of the top 3 headphones I've ever heard!

If you go with the D5000s just to save a few bucks, you will most likely be asking yourself in 3 months, geez, I wonder what the D7000s sound like?

Next thing, you'll be trying them out and then the "oh my, I've got to have these babies" will hit you. Then you'll be selling your D5000s at a loss and then you will be buying the D7000s. I would simply cut this out and get the D7000s. They are worth every penny of their MRSP of $999. And if you can get them cheaper...even better!
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runkby View Post
check out prices at J&R.... i paid 550 for the denon ah-d7000... had to call to ask for price and tell them i was a headfi member but thats what i paid back in august or so... i think prices went up but id call and ask them for prices on both cans...
I will try calling. But what Macedonianhero said was something I already thought about which is why I am here right now. If I bought it now and the price went down to 200$ less then that would reaally make me hate myself.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs008 View Post
I will try calling. But what Macedonianhero said was something I already thought about which is why I am here right now. If I bought it now and the price went down to 200$ less then that would reaally make me hate myself.
The only reason I'm waiting is Black Friday and someone mentioned 5000's going for $350.00 in the past at Amazon. Who knows what the 7000's might go for.
post #6 of 13

No problem with waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
The only reason I'm waiting is Black Friday and someone mentioned 5000's going for $350.00 in the past at Amazon. Who knows what the 7000's might go for.
LOL...Black Friday is just around the corner...sorry being Canadian, I forgot. But, absolutely...wait until then for a better price (call Headroom too). But I still recommend getting the D7000s (now or later).
post #7 of 13
Save for the D7000. From the many reviews and threads here you should discover that they will sound fantastic stock.
post #8 of 13

Might I make a recommendation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpatine View Post
Save for the D7000. From the many reviews and threads here you should discover that they will sound fantastic stock.
I would however recommend the JMoney Denon V2 earpads. They really improve the sound isolation and sound stage quite a bit. They also serve to tighten up the bass slightly.

For the price I would recommend them.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
The only reason I'm waiting is Black Friday and someone mentioned 5000's going for $350.00 in the past at Amazon. Who knows what the 7000's might go for.
That's ridiculous if it's true.

I might just do that and get rid of my new D2000s.
post #10 of 13
The prices fluctuate so often depending upon availlable stock that you may never decide. If the 7K's are more 150..00 more than the 5K's don't get them. For that price difference, you'd be better off getting the 5 K's and doing the Markl mods.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
LOL...Black Friday is just around the corner...sorry being Canadian, I forgot. But, absolutely...wait until then for a better price (call Headroom too). But I still recommend getting the D7000s (now or later).
I don't know anything about Headroom I will give them a call.
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
I swear if amazon sells it for less than 630$ again I might really be tempted to buy the D7000 but @ 715$? I feel that a bit too high. Especially since the price difference between it and the D5000 is 300$.

I could probably justify the 230$ price difference to myself too.

"'It's 230$ cheaper, It's 230$ cheaper, it's 230$ cheaper"

Of course if they suddenly lowered the price on it AFTER I bought it. I'd be really pissed.
post #13 of 13
I don't think I would pay $700 for the D7000 (new or used) unless bass is the most important feature in a headphone to you (as it's supreme in that department).
I got mine for $550 from J&R- call and sweet talk them, they can only say no.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D5000 or D7000? My problem.