Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Dayens Ampino - Possible K1000 Amp?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dayens Ampino - Possible K1000 Amp?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hi, just read the 6Moons Review of this amp at: 6moons audio reviews: Dayens Ampino

I was impressed by what I read which then prompted me to visit the manufacturer's website at: Dayens -Integrated Amplifers - Ampino

Next I did a search here and could not find any information here and thus my post. Has anyone here tried this amp? I have sent the manufacturer an email, including possible upgrades. Anyways hope someone here has listened to this amp, preferably driving a pair of AKG K1000. Thanks.
post #2 of 18
Looks good from the review, but where is the headphone jack?
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizwej View Post
Looks good from the review, but where is the headphone jack?
\

It's a speaker amp?

-Nkk
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk View Post
\

It's a speaker amp?

-Nkk
oops, my bad! I feel kinda stupid now
post #5 of 18
Looks quite nice, and with 2x25w it should be plenty capable of driving the K1000.
Would be nice if someone with first hand experience would chime in..
post #6 of 18
Just mailed them, lets see what happens.
post #7 of 18
Looks awesome, not easy to get a transistor based integrated amp for that price. At $300'ish it's a nice deal, then again with K1000s costing what they do, it seems that K1000 owners might want something higher end. I guess you don't want a huge number of watts for the K1000s anyway, 25wpc is surely a lot. The inside of that amp looks confidence inspiring...certainly there are few purpose built K1000 amps...so someone should take the plunge on this one.
post #8 of 18
I wouldn't mind getting one of these for my computer sound system. Looks like a winner.
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore View Post
Just mailed them, lets see what happens.
I sent them an email yesterday but no response yet. I will wait a couple of days and if no response will send a 2nd email. Thanks.
post #10 of 18
Me either, but lets wait couple of days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
I sent them an email yesterday but no response yet. I will wait a couple of days and if no response will send a 2nd email. Thanks.
My PrimaLuna is 40W p.ch., no problems up here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post
Looks awesome, not easy to get a transistor based integrated amp for that price. At $300'ish it's a nice deal, then again with K1000s costing what they do, it seems that K1000 owners might want something higher end. I guess you don't want a huge number of watts for the K1000s anyway, 25wpc is surely a lot. The inside of that amp looks confidence inspiring...certainly there are few purpose built K1000 amps...so someone should take the plunge on this one.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore View Post
Me either, but lets wait couple of days...



My PrimaLuna is 40W p.ch., no problems up here
My Prologue 2 is going on 5 years of trouble free service. I love it
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Received a response, basically detailing the costs to purchase plus information on an upgraded unit and S&H to the USA. The price is very tempting but I already have ordered an amp and do not need nor can I afford a 2nd one.

I wish they had a dealer in the USA to test with my K1000. Cheers.
post #13 of 18
The Dayens Ampino is an absolute bargain. I have compared it against a number of amplifiers :
- the Miniwatt (at a similar cost)
- BelCanto S300
- Kharma MP150

It just absolutely blows them all away. It is a "no brainer".

I have never heard such "realistic" music from any amplifier before !

Unfortunaely it is not a headphone amp, but perhaps the manufacturer could be interested in making one !
post #14 of 18
Hey hopkins, we are talking about driving K1000 up here, whats your story

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
The Dayens Ampino is an absolute bargain. I have compared it against a number of amplifiers :
- the Miniwatt (at a similar cost)
- BelCanto S300
- Kharma MP150

It just absolutely blows them all away. It is a "no brainer".

I have never heard such "realistic" music from any amplifier before !

Unfortunaely it is not a headphone amp, but perhaps the manufacturer could be interested in making one !
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
<snip>
Unfortunaely it is not a headphone amp, but perhaps the manufacturer could be interested in making one !
Unfortunately?
Isn't that exactly what makes it a potential nice pairing with the K1000 in the first place? Since the K1000 is designed to be driven by a speaker amplifier...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Dayens Ampino - Possible K1000 Amp?