or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rank the IEM's you've heard - Page 56

post #826 of 937
Triplefi 10
Klipsch x10
Superfi 3
Shure se215
Sony mdr51
Vmoda vibe ii duo
Vmoda faze
Vmoda bassfreq
Skull candy smoken buds
Skull candy inkd
Sansa stock earbuds.
post #827 of 937
Earsonics SM64
Westone UM3X
Earsonics SM3
Westone 4
Phonak Audeo PFE 132
Klipsch S4
post #828 of 937

SM64 >>> DN1000 > TF10 = W4 > GR07 BE > GR07 > B3 > H200 = 7550 = UE900 > BA200 > RE-ZERO > RE400 > MH1 = PFE132 > eQ-5 > XBA3 > SE215LTD > FXT90 = SE215 > IE800 (TDK) > DGS100 > AX35 > RE262 > VSD1 = FX40 = Delta = Gratitude > UE600 > MD Tributes > A151 = E30 = M6 = B2 = UE500 > 8320 > Turbines


Edited by JoeDoe - 10/1/14 at 8:35pm
post #829 of 937

AKR01>=DBA2>=GR07MK2>R50>A161>SH330> GR04 Pro> MH1BL(filter mod)> EB110> NE600X>=SHE8590>=UE200>HJE125>SHO2200>

post #830 of 937
JH roxanne universal
Um mentor Univeral
Shure 846
Asg2
Ie80
post #831 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post

JH roxanne universal
Um mentor Univeral
Shure 846
Asg2
Ie80

Dang. That's a good list.
post #832 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


Dang. That's a good list.

Thanks. I just got the Mentors in today. The order may change...but I'm usually set in my ways. The roxannes wowed me. I'm still waiting for that wow moment with the Mentors. If anything I would actually put the 846 and the mentors at a tie. Again, this may change after using them tonight...:)

post #833 of 937

Looking forward to your review!

post #834 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
 

Thanks. I just got the Mentors in today. The order may change...but I'm usually set in my ways. The roxannes wowed me. I'm still waiting for that wow moment with the Mentors. If anything I would actually put the 846 and the mentors at a tie. Again, this may change after using them tonight...:)


I also recently got the Mentor (Universal) - while I still am forming an opinion (and using triple flanges for a perfect seal) - I have found that they have an uncanny ability to reproduce the entire frequency spectrum with no hiccups - low bass - sub bass - low mid.... et al. Not sure if they are a wow monitor - but damned if everything doesn't sound great - I haven't found a style of music where they have stumbled - and if it is there on the recording - it is being reproduced. I don't like to use EQ - typically I leave it off or flat - but with a new monitor, I will play with EQ to see how the monitor responds - the nice thing about a multi-BA monitor is that EQ bands can be toyed with and the monitor's individual BA's can respond at the desired frequency with less bleed from the other BA's - it makes the EQ more precise...

 

Or I could be full of sh!^....

post #835 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 


I also recently got the Mentor (Universal) - while I still am forming an opinion (and using triple flanges for a perfect seal) - I have found that they have an uncanny ability to reproduce the entire frequency spectrum with no hiccups - low bass - sub bass - low mid.... et al. Not sure if they are a wow monitor - but damned if everything doesn't sound great - I haven't found a style of music where they have stumbled - and if it is there on the recording - it is being reproduced. I don't like to use EQ - typically I leave it off or flat - but with a new monitor, I will play with EQ to see how the monitor responds - the nice thing about a multi-BA monitor is that EQ bands can be toyed with and the monitor's individual BA's can respond at the desired frequency with less bleed from the other BA's - it makes the EQ more precise...

 

Or I could be full of sh!^....


I agree with your mini review.. they do sound great and clear. I wish they had a smudge more bass quantity, but it is tight as it stands. These also do respond VERY well to eq according to other users. I'll still hold it with care in my collection as it is a nice piece and still offers a different sound signature as do all my other IEMS, headphones. Enjoy!

post #836 of 937
FitEar MH334(demo unit) and UERM(demo unit) > JH13fp(demo unit) > Westone UM Pro 30 > Westone W30 > JH16fp(demo unit) and ATH IM70 > SE215Ltd

Both the MH334 and UERM were good in their own right.
The JH13fp could do with a little more control in the trebles(a little bright, but I could deal with it) and the JH16 could do with better bass control(too much bass).
The IM70 is just acting as if it is having PMS, on some songs the bass is overpowering(more than the JH16fp) but on other songs it's alright.

The SE215ltd's bass is muddy and mids are veiled, so last spot for that.
Edited by MachBot - 10/22/14 at 8:03pm
post #837 of 937
Xba40>westone adv>Dunu900>im02>fidelio s2>tpeos opera>w1>eph100(may be fake)
post #838 of 937

NT6 Pro (Demo unit audition) >>>>>> XBA H3 >= DBA02 MK2 > DUNU DN2K => DUNU DN1K > BA200 = SM3 = IM02 > GR07CE > UM3X >>> VSD3S >= B3 Pro I > IM50 > JVC FRD60.  

 

The NT6 Pro demo is the absolute best thing I have ever heard, and flat out beats all the other custom iem demos. I was able to obtain a rather deep and tight seal. It was almost like wearing the custom version IMO.  

post #839 of 937

JH13 Pro > 1964 Ears V6 Stage >= Noble K10 > 1964 Ears V6 >= SE846 > JH16 Pro >= JH Roxanne > XBA H3 >= SE535 >= W4R > IE800 > FAD Heaven S >= Lime Ears > SE215 Ltd > A-Jays 2 > Xiaomi Pistons 2.1 

post #840 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post
 

JH13 Pro > 1964 Ears V6 Stage >= Noble K10 > 1964 Ears V6 >= SE846 > JH16 Pro >= JH Roxanne > XBA H3 >= SE535 >= W4R > IE800 > FAD Heaven S >= Lime Ears > SE215 Ltd > A-Jays 2 > Xiaomi Pistons 2.1 

 

Wow, you rank the SE846 higher than the Roxanne (universal or custom)? I owned the 846 for a good while. Liked it reasonably well for the time. Recently heard the Roxanne universal at Sound and Vision... and while it admittedly wasn't the longest demo time or most ideal conditions, I didn't hear anything to write home about really. It seemed a bit dead in the treble area. By comparison, I much, much prefer the highs of my ASG-2.5 (which is tops of my heap right now, even more so than the LAB 1). 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: