New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rank the IEM's you've heard - Page 47

post #691 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH12AX7 View Post


pacman46, I haven't tried the RE400, though I hear it sounds much like the RE272 which I own, only with slightly more bass, which it needs. The 272's are velvety smooth and are free of any noticeable frequency peaks or valleys, at least as far as I can tell. In my opinion, they are great for gentle styles of music such as jazz or classical, but lack the bass and treble sparkle to work well with rock or electronic music. They are a great compliment to my DN1000's. Hifiman definitely makes a nice product for the money. Hope you enjoy the RE400's.
Awesome thank you. I'm loving the re400 for rock ,,metal and such. I'd really love to try a few different hifiman iems like the re600 songbird and of course the 272 and 262 Just seems they put sound first and that's a big plus in my book. I'm also going to purchase a hifiman dap in the new year. Maybe the 901 what they do with earphones for the price I'm very interested in what they do for their daps. Thank you for your reply
post #692 of 828

pfe 232 > w4r > tdk ba20 = gr07 > r50 > rezero > mh1c >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ........................................... skull candy titan

post #693 of 828
There is a few iems that I definitely want to try.. Like the Re272.. The re0 the gr07 the re600 and so on.. From what I want to try and from what I have I think I have definitely found my signature.. I've only been at this hobby for about two years now and at first I had no clue to what I would like.. Do I like a darker more forgiving sound? Yes sure why not as long as it's done rite like maybe the sm3.. I think that's what they are called lol anyways I now know the signature that I mostly prefer.. And really it too alot of money and time to let's say.. Find my way lol but Omg what a trip. Lol I love this hobby :-) but if I knew then when I first started I could have saved tons of money for sure.. I would buy what everyone else said was good.. Like the 535 the w4r and so on.. I love both of them but from what I am hearing from my 100 dollar re400 's I could have saved alot of money and didn't buy from hype.. Anyways that's my rant for the day.. Thanks for listening.. And happy listening :-)
post #694 of 828

1. IE800 crystal clear resolution. A noteable stepup from the Triple/Quad-Ba-IEMS.

I happen to like the sounding as well...Huge soundstage and still sounds very exciting. I won't comment about the fit though.

2. KEF M200

The Bang for the buck. It's the best you get for for your money. GIANTCRUSHER

Tip-Rolling is highly recommended, don't give up if doesnt fit you right out of the box. The reward is huge: Basshead level bass, huge soundstage with great depth(better than every BA, more like fullsize)

3, Stagediver 3

German craftsmanship

4. UE900/Ck100pro

5. Earsonics Sm64.. the fit =(

6. W4

7. Ckw1000anv Love or Hate

8. Phonak Pfe 232 

9. Gr07


Edited by JohannLiebert - 12/26/13 at 12:26am
post #695 of 828
Triplefi 10> ACS T15> UE 700>>> Klipsch s4> Klipsch s3> iBeats (started to rust)
post #696 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post

1. IE800 crystal clear resolution. A noteable stepup from the Triple/Quad-Ba-IEMS.
I happen to like the sounding as well...Huge soundstage and still sounds very exciting. I won't comment about the fit though.
2. KEF M200
The Bang for the buck. It's the best you get for for your money. GIANTCRUSHER
Tip-Rolling is highly recommended, don't give up if doesnt fit you right out of the box. The reward is huge: Basshead level bass, huge soundstage with great depth(better than every BA, more like fullsize)
3, Stagediver 3
German craftsmanship
4. UE900/Ck100pro
5. Earsonics Sm64.. the fit =(
6. W4
7. Ckw1000anv Love or Hate
8. Phonak Pfe 232 
9. Gr07
I really want to try the ie 800 soooo bad.. Lol just can't afford it rite now.. Saving up though..
post #697 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post


I really want to try the ie 800 soooo bad.. Lol just can't afford it rite now.. Saving up though..

 

I've demoed (but do not own… though I wish) both the K3003 and the IE800. I found the AKG to have a clearer, cleaner sound though it might have been a treble thing. The IE800 was a much more musical IEM imo and if I had to choose between the two, it would be the latter. They'd make great contrasts though!!

 

What I do want to try is the KEF M200!!! I actually thought (and still kind of think) that these were just overly hyped… but after all these reviews of the M500, maybe the M200 really is something of a miracle

post #698 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post

I've demoed (but do not own… though I wish) both the K3003 and the IE800. I found the AKG to have a clearer, cleaner sound though it might have been a treble thing. The IE800 was a much more musical IEM imo and if I had to choose between the two, it would be the latter. They'd make great contrasts though!!

What I do want to try is the KEF M200!!! I actually thought (and still kind of think) that these were just overly hyped… but after all these reviews of the M500, maybe the M200 really is something of a miracle
yes I think from what I've read I'd like the 3003 better. I'm more of a detail junkie..the only thing I don't like is that the 3003 is geared toward s apple products no.?. And Omg I was just looking at the kef m200 too.. They look very interesting for sure.. They look really nice. .I couldn't find a price on them though??? I'm not a bass head by all means.. But I do like it there when called for and if there is lots of detail with the bass then I'm in!!
post #699 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post


yes I think from what I've read I'd like the 3003 better. I'm more of a detail junkie..the only thing I don't like is that the 3003 is geared toward s apple products no.?. And Omg I was just looking at the kef m200 too.. They look very interesting for sure.. They look really nice. .I couldn't find a price on them though??? I'm not a bass head by all means.. But I do like it there when called for and if there is lots of detail with the bass then I'm in!!

 

I'm aware that there is a variation without a remote, the K3003 instead of K3003i though I'm unsure whether the variation is still being sold. I think you'd love the K3003!! Out of my iPhone, they made Kanye's auto-tuned voice in "808s and Heartbreak" sound even crappier. Very unforgiving of poor quality recordings

 

*edit: I believe the M200s are $250 but for some reason are retailing for $199*


Edited by maricius - 12/26/13 at 6:54am
post #700 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post

I'm aware that there is a variation without a remote, the K3003 instead of K3003i though I'm unsure whether the variation is still being sold. I think you'd love the K3003!! Out of my iPhone, they made Kanye's auto-tuned voice in "808s and Heartbreak" sound even crappier. Very unforgiving of poor quality recordings

*edit: I believe the M200s are $250 but for some reason are retailing for $199*
sweet thank you.. And that's OK I only use nothing less then 320..buy most of my stuff is lossless.. That's not to bad at all for the Kef's.. I think I need a pair lol I really starting to find alot of so called.. "giant killers" for example.. The hifiman re400.. They are probably my most favourite iem rite now.. And that's over the.. W4r.. The 535 the heir 4ai's.. Although they don't sound quit as good obviously I can't get them out of my ears.. I love the level of detail for a 100 bucks.. Crazy.. So there are a few others that are alot cheaper then those few I've mentioned that I would love to try.. Sometimes more drivers ain't better imo.. Whatever hifiman does I think other companies need to follow suite cause like I said for 100 bucks you can't go wrong.. I would also love to try... Although they are alot more expensive and the sound signature is going in the complete other direction.. Would love to try the.. Jvc fx 700..i beleave that's what they are called. I have read nothing but great stuff about them.. And to be walking around smelling that wood would be awesome I think to.. Also would like to try the gr07 and a few others.. But I'm really loving the re400 at the moment... Ok sorry for the long rant lol.. And thanks for your reply.. Merry Christmas and happy holidays :-)
post #701 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post


sweet thank you.. And that's OK I only use nothing less then 320..buy most of my stuff is lossless.. That's not to bad at all for the Kef's.. I think I need a pair lol I really starting to find alot of so called.. "giant killers" for example.. The hifiman re400.. They are probably my most favourite iem rite now.. And that's over the.. W4r.. The 535 the heir 4ai's.. Although they don't sound quit as good obviously I can't get them out of my ears.. I love the level of detail for a 100 bucks.. Crazy.. So there are a few others that are alot cheaper then those few I've mentioned that I would love to try.. Sometimes more drivers ain't better imo.. Whatever hifiman does I think other companies need to follow suite cause like I said for 100 bucks you can't go wrong.. I would also love to try... Although they are alot more expensive and the sound signature is going in the complete other direction.. Would love to try the.. Jvc fx 700..i beleave that's what they are called. I have read nothing but great stuff about them.. And to be walking around smelling that wood would be awesome I think to.. Also would like to try the gr07 and a few others.. But I'm really loving the re400 at the moment... Ok sorry for the long rant lol.. And thanks for your reply.. Merry Christmas and happy holidays :-)

 

yeah yeah I get you. There's just something really amazing about hearing one that sounds so great for such the price. I guess it adds to the enjoyment psychologically :biggrin:

 

Now imagine the KEFs, they're not only relatively cheap and not just comparable to IEMs like the W4 or the 535 but even considered as better. Enjoy the rest of the year too!!

post #702 of 828

Sennheiser IE 800 > Fischer Amps FA4E-XB > Sony EX-1000/Logitech UE 900 > EarSonics SM64 > Shure 530 > HiFiMaN RE-400 > Sennheiser IE8

post #703 of 828

Hmm M200... I love the M500. Maybe I'll love the M200 too. Anywhere I can demo them in Korea?

post #704 of 828

My list of IEM's I own or have used for at least a few weeks:

 

Shure SE535 > Etymotic HF3 > UE-700 > Sennheiser IE8  > Shure E3c > Philips SHE 9850 > Sony XBA 1i > lots of cheaper but quite good stuff (UE Metro-Fi 170, Philips SHE 9005)

 

I've now settled for the SE535 for my daily use, although the neutral balance of the Etymotic and the luscious mid/highs of the Sennheiser sometimes make me go back to them. I eventually found the UE-700 disappointing with a slightly harsh mid-high and some sort of bump in the mid-lows.

post #705 of 828

Update:

 

Zero Audio Carbo Tenore > TDK BA200 > Monster Gratitude >  VSonic GR07 MK2 > Zero Audio Carbo Basso > NuForce NE-700X > Hifiman RE-400 > MEElectronics A161p > Audio Technica ATH-CKN70 > Philips SHE3590 > Hifiman RE2

 

 

IEM comparison
 
TDK BA200 (stock comply tips).
VSonic GR07 MK2 (largest stock purple tips)
Monster Gratitude (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
Zero Audio Carbo Tenore (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
Zero Audio Carbo Basso (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
HiFiman RE400 (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
 
Music preferences:  Rock and Pop.  
 
Treble:  Gratitude and GR07 MK2 sound the brightest, then Tenore, then Basso, then BA200.  I think the RE400 is equal to the Gratitude/GR07 MK2 or Tenore,  but don't recall exactly.  I found that the Gratitude was tuned too high (e.g. snare drums sound too bright).  BA200 treble is too smooth and not enough quantity.  Tenore is my favorite in this category because they aren't as smooth as BA200 and not as harsh as Gratitude/GR07 MK2.
 
Mids:   For vocals, the best are Tenore and BA200.  Female vocals sound like they are in the room singing to you and are so buttery; gives me chills.  I give a slight edge to Tenore because they sound more airy.  Gratitudes are clear but singer sounds farther away.
 
Bass:  My favorite in this category is the Gratitude.  In terms of quantity, Basso > Gratitude > Tenore > BA200=GR07 MK2 > RE400.  However, I found the Basso to have too much bass and not as good mids.  Gratitude has the best quality bass.  For my tastes, Gratitude and Tenore have the quantity that I desire.  Tenore bass hits hard enough and is punchy.  Bassos have too much and BA200, GR07 MK2, and RE400 have too little.
 
Detail:  GR07 MK2 and Gratitude have the most detail (and maybe RE400), then Tenore and Basso then BA200.
 
Efficiency:  GR07 MK2 is the most efficient, then Gratitude, BA200, Tenore/Basso.  Don't have the RE400 any longer to compare.
 
My favorite is the Tenore because they sound the most natural and true to life and they have the combination and quantity of bass/mid/treble that I desire.  Female vocals give me chills and have the most texture.  Next would be BA200 (smooth and great mids) and Gratitude (big and energetic).  Basso has too much bass and GR07 MK2 and RE400 had too little bass and sounded a little boring.
 
 
Improvements to my favorite 4 that I would love to find
 
Tenore: Would like slightly darker tuning (but not as dark as BA200), and bass quality of the Gratitude
BA200:  Would like more bass, more treble extension.
Gratitude:  Love the bass quantity and quality, detail, and treble extension.  Wish they were tuned darker so that they would sound more natural and true to life.  Snare drums too bright sounding.
GR07 MK2:  Would like more bass (maybe I'd like the Bass Edition?)
 
Tenore is close to perfect, but would love to find one with incredible vocals, have life-like tuning, quality bass and decent quantity bass, and detailed, but slightly smooth treble.

Edited by Grayson73 - 12/27/13 at 8:58am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: