TF10 > DBA-02 > MC5 > M6 > HAFX35
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE2 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Maroon Red)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Sea Blue)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productShure SCL4 - Sound Isolating - headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - whitetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productShure SCL4-W White Sound Isolating Earphones Headphones - Shure SCL4Wtagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productSleek Audio SA6 In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-0 or DBA02 or q-jays!!!?! Last post on 8/24/10 at 8:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's to fall asleep with Last post on 4/29/11 at 3:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Three Driver Universal - The End Of The Line? Last post on 11/15/10 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
Rank the IEM's you've heard - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 105411/12/12 at 6:01pmpost #498 of 105411/12/12 at 6:55pmpost #499 of 105411/12/12 at 9:11pmpost #500 of 105411/13/12 at 1:13ampost #501 of 105411/13/12 at 1:51ampost #502 of 105411/13/12 at 2:06ampost #503 of 10541/31/13 at 11:40am
RE-272 (w/Sony Hybrid tips) > ER4S >= RE-272 (w/stock tips) > W4 (warmer) >= RE0 (much less warm) >= RE-262 (mid oriented) >= ER4P > IE80 (warm!) > > FXT90 (warm sweet) > SE315 > RE-ZERO (didn't like it) > GR06 >= A161P > CX95 > CX300-ii (veiled) >= CX300-i (veiled).post #504 of 10541/31/13 at 11:44am
FAD FI-BA-SS = Piano Forte IX > Heaven VI > ES5 = MG6Pro > W4 > W3 > X10 > AGS-1 > E3C > Isarus Thermaltake > Random ones I don't listen to.post #505 of 10541/31/13 at 11:56am
HF5(CmoyBB Amped)=gr07>= REZERO > HF5 (unamped) > RE0 > SE215 > Klipsch S4> Beats Tour(my intro to better sounding iems lol) > Apple buds > Sony MDR-7020s
On the wway--> GR01 and ER4Ps.I loved the GR07 sound but hated the over the ear application and lack of isolation. I'm totally ok with giving up some punchy bass and similar sound signature with the Gr01s for isolation and straight down wear. I'm going to battle both ER4ps and the Gr01s together to see which one will be my main IEM
I remember the days I would buy the $20 Sony ear buds and the bass would blow out the driver.post #506 of 10541/31/13 at 2:05pmpost #507 of 10541/31/13 at 6:03pm
SQ only :
The good : FitEar 333 (demo) > Miracle (demo) > F111 > ER-4S > ER-4P > Mage (demo) > MH334 (demo) > TG!334 > Merlin (demo) > SE215 > EPH-100 > SM3v2 = W4R > 3.Ai > SE315 > SE535 > IE80
The bad : UM1 > W1 > B&W C5 > Apple Buds > 9Wave Studio Pro = Beats Tour = Hippo VB > Randoms not worth mentioning
And yeah I like SE215 a lot, lol.
Edited by Deadlovestory - 1/31/13 at 10:24pmpost #508 of 10542/4/13 at 12:30ampost #509 of 10542/4/13 at 2:40am
Personal preference based on SQ
Etymotic mc5 < Klipch S4i < Westone 1 < SE215 < UM2 < GR02 < SE535
I'm not sure why but I actually really enjoy the GR02s over the UM2 or SE215s :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rank the IEM's you've heard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 8 seconds ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear