New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rank the IEM's you've heard - Page 32

post #466 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

It's a tough call this one, remembering my opinions change with the wind lately.
But here goes nuffins........
TF10 > GRO7 MK2 > Klipsch X10 > EPH-100 > SoundMAGIC E10 > Sony MDR-EX300LP > Monster Turbines > Hippo VB > Phillips SHE3580 > Sennheiser CX 300 ii >
>> Visang RO2 > Atrio M5 MG7 > Monster Miles Davis Tributes. (if I could place MMDT any further down I would) rolleyes.gif

Are the MMDT really worse than all of them, i mean i know you do not like them but they can not actually be that terrible.

 

And i also slightly preffered the TF10 to the GR07. It was close though but then when you upgrade the cable to a silver ray the TF10 leaves the GR07 in its dust.

 

Here is my list, the Sony EX1000 is not on it as i only update when i review something but the overall sound would be 8.9 to 9.1:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607311/my-iem-round-up-32-earphones-compared-with-a-lot-more-coming


Edited by Swimsonny - 7/17/12 at 7:08am
post #467 of 861

Decided that earphones I never owned have not been listened to enough to judge fairly.

 

Ranking of earphones that I HAVE owned in my sig:

post #468 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Hey you mistakenly switched these up rolleyes.gif

Nope, no I didn't. wink.gif Maybe tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Are the MMDT really worse than all of them, i mean i know you do not like them but they can not actually be that terrible.

And i also slightly preffered the TF10 to the GR07. It was close though but then when you upgrade the cable to a silver ray the TF10 leaves the GR07 in its dust.

Here is my list, the Sony EX1000 is not on it as i only update when i review something but the overall sound would be 8.9 to 9.1:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607311/my-iem-round-up-32-earphones-compared-with-a-lot-more-coming

MMDT reminded me of swimming in a muddy boggy creek. What ever Monster lace that signature with to give a 'hazy smokey jazz club' impression does just that and possibly a little too much. I found it a little overkill. The whole signature was overly warm. Sure....I might of placed them at the bottom for partial lol but they weren't far from it. I feel they're tremendously overpriced preferring regular Turbines.

Reagrding the TF10 /GRO7 battle. it's such a tough call for me, I"m struggling between choosing the two everyday recently. They're both 'very' good. smile.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/17/12 at 6:25pm
post #469 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIghthawkC5 View Post

Quite a few...

 

B&W C5 > X10 > XBA3> S4 > Bose MIE2i> V-Moda Vibe Duo > SE535 > SE210 > Apple buds> All Beats By Dre > Koss iSpark

Wow?

post #470 of 861

ue11pro >> Compact Monitors Stage 2 >> Compact Monitors Stage 4 >> Compact Monitors Stage 3 >> Westone 4 >> Sony EX1000 >> Shure SE535 >> Custom TF10 >> Westone UM3X >>> IE8 >>SM3 >>> SM2 >>>Phonak Audeo >>>Klipsch Custom 3 >>>>SE215>>UE Super.Fi 5 EB >>Westone UM2>>> Some JVC, Fischer, Philips Sony>>Westone 3


Edited by sofastreamer - 7/18/12 at 4:00am
post #471 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom1 View Post

Wow?

Wow indeed :P
post #472 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

 

And i also slightly preffered the TF10 to the GR07. It was close though but then when you upgrade the cable to a silver ray the TF10 leaves the GR07 in its dust.

 

 

I had a Silver Ray'd/Philips tipped TF10 and agree that it dusted the GR07. Though I seemed to have gotten a nicely balanced and cohesive TF10 without recessed mids to start with. My first pair of TF10 were mid-recessed and had the bass and treble that had different clarity levels and thus were not as cohesive. Of course the first pair were $400 Limited Edition and the better balanced second pair were $99 specials.

post #473 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

 

I had a Silver Ray'd/Philips tipped TF10 and agree that it dusted the GR07.

 

In what universe? It certainly wasn't this one tongue.gif

 

The ONLY place the TF10 beats the GR07 isn't even SQ. It's soundstage depth and positioning. 

post #474 of 861

If you mod the TF10 right, the only things the GR07 does better are comfort, isolation, and treble extension. I kept the ASG-1 for the sound signature, modding, and upgrade path but technically it was TF10 > ASG-1 > GR07. GR07 and ASG-1 close technically but the GR07's nice edge in treble loses out to the Aurisonics better bass and slightly better mids. TF10 had the best speed, clarity, detail, transparency, and the biggest soundstage size. The TF10 needs to be modded and fit right or it can go to crap quick. The wrong polarity, the wrong tips, the wrong fit(flip or regular can make a big difference) and they could go to third on the list. Also keep in mind I was one of a few that did report a nicer starting point; a balanced and even sounding TF10 :)

post #475 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

If you mod the TF10 right, the only things the GR07 does better are comfort, isolation, and treble extension. I kept the ASG-1 for the sound signature, modding, and upgrade path but technically it was TF10 > ASG-1 > GR07. GR07 and ASG-1 close technically but the GR07's nice edge in treble loses out to the Aurisonics better bass and slightly better mids. TF10 had the best speed, clarity, detail, transparency, and the biggest soundstage size. The TF10 needs to be modded and fit right or it can go to crap quick. The wrong polarity, the wrong tips, the wrong fit(flip or regular can make a big difference) and they could go to third on the list. Also keep in mind I was one of a few that did report a nicer starting point; a balanced and even sounding TF10 :)

 

I could give you clarity and transparency, but the GR07 is faster and the detailing is about even. As for soundstage, the ASG-1 (rev 1.2) is above the TF10 in both placement and size. The TF10 doesn't even get close to the ASG-1 in terms of SS height.

 

When I read things like this, it makes me think that either I did something wrong with the TF10 on 2 separate occasions with a multitude of tips and flip-flopping, or others are doing something wrong with the GR07. Then again, maybe your TF10 is the equivalent of the Matrix's Neo Anderson.

post #476 of 861

all of them are using aftermarket/upgrade cables except for the ex1000 and ex800st because theyre both using ex1000 cables so yeah..

 

-um3x

-ex1000

-k3003

-sm3

-ex800st (ex1000 cables)

-gr07

-um2

-coppers

-yamaha eph100

-ex600 (ex600 cables)

-westone 4

-ie80

-ie8

 

yeah ie80/ie8 is bad for my tastes even with silver cables and bass knob set to 1. dont throw flaming rocks at me! *runs*

post #477 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

all of them are using aftermarket/upgrade cables except for the ex1000 and ex800st because theyre both using ex1000 cables so yeah..

 

-um3x

-ex1000

-k3003

-sm3

-ex800st (ex1000 cables)

-gr07

-um2

-coppers

-yamaha eph100

-ex600 (ex600 cables)

-westone 4

-ie80

-ie8

 

yeah ie80/ie8 is bad for my tastes even with silver cables and bass knob set to 1. dont throw flaming rocks at me! *runs*


No, it is near the bottom of my list too for whatever reason.

 

Miracle>FX700>>B2>>SE535>Custom3>MTPG>Atrios>IE8>BeatsTour

post #478 of 861

Able Planet SI500>>>>>>Meelec M21>Meelec M6 = AKG k350> Akg k328 = Beats By Dre tour

post #479 of 861
This thread sure died down
post #480 of 861

i find it shocking , how few people have tried the hifiman products , and how many people have tried/bought iems from all the major companies who many times have way inferior products at much higher prices

oh , the power of mind-manipulative advertising....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: