- 12 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE2 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Maroon Red)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Sea Blue)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productShure SCL4 - Sound Isolating - headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - whitetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productShure SCL4-W White Sound Isolating Earphones Headphones - Shure SCL4Wtagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productSleek Audio SA6 In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-0 or DBA02 or q-jays!!!?! Last post on 8/24/10 at 8:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's to fall asleep with Last post on 4/29/11 at 3:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Three Driver Universal - The End Of The Line? Last post on 11/15/10 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Rank the IEM's you've heard - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious for all you guys that own a whole bunch of 'phones at one time, how do you decide which ones to listen to? Do you have a favorite pair or two and the rest just collect dust, or do you cycle through them for fun, or do you literally pick up a different pair depending on what type of music you're listening to? I'm no where near as fanatical about my audio (nor have the funding for this type of experimentation), so I'm just curious. :)
Different sound signatures gives diversity and different usages. I use my UM2 for most listening as they're the best I have for general listening, whereas with electronic(or bass-heavy music/video) I like to go with the Hippo VB which has an obscene amount of bass. When I work out I use the Hippo VB as well since they provide the bass to hold a beat whereas my UM2 has less, more refined bass.
made a posting here a few months back. Just an update
DBA-02 = B2 > ER4S (amped)>Eterna v.2>UE SF5 pro>RE0>Hippo VB>Ety MC3>other cheaper IEMs
DBA-02 sounds more or less the same as B2 so they're equal. I have an ER4P with a 75ohm transforming it to ER4S. ER4P (unamped) would probably come behind the RE0. I just find the sound too veiled. I prefer the ER4S amped (FiiO E7) but still place it behind the DBA and B2.
Would love to rank the RE0 higher but I really find a hard time getting a good seal with them even with different kinds of tips. Very poor isolation.
The MC3 sounds too thin and unexciting for my taste. Tried using an amp but not much improvement.
Source: CowonS9/Sansa clip + with/without FiiO E7 amp (not the best amp there is but adequate to reveal the differences)
Music genre: electronic, trance, new age (mostly instrumental)
Edited by leonsphinx - 10/7/11 at 6:10pm
W4 > TripleFi > Image X5 >= HF3 >= SE530* > V-Moda Vibe > CX300 = Apple IEM...to my ears
Obviously not a comprehensive assessment but I love the straightforwardness of it...all the adjectives get overwhelming at times.
I've not owned the shures so not a fair comparison (not vested/attached) but auditioned them quite a bit and went with the X5s. I am always disappoint with how much shures sound doesn't suit my taste. The Etys are also technically equivilant to at least the klipsch but i love the X5s sound.
Edited by ulnevrgtit - 12/8/11 at 11:06am
It's hard to compare IEMs with different characteristics so simplistically. GR07 and B2 are quite different but I love them both. Obviously for different reasons.
One thing that's not difficult to judge is how horrible the SE215 is to my ears
Monster Turbine Pro Gold -5 points (very effortless and warm, very good sound stage)
Radius HP TWF11 - 4,5 points little under MTPG
Ultimate ears 700 -4,5 points with harshness in treble
Altec lansing muzx 406 - 3,5 points. it has not so coherent sound as others above. Bass heavy, fairly good soundstage. ipod touch could not drive it and it needs more juice from portable amp, although it is iphone compatible with mic and remote.
sound magic pl30 - 3,5 points. it is though very good for a not demanding audiophile, very good soundstage but details retrieval is not outstanding, much simplified sound.
TF10X6 >TF10 >MTPC >Super Fi 3
haven't tried that many IEMs... actually haven't tried that many headphones at all.. I think my list will remain like this for very long time.. simply because I find full-size cans more natural...
Vsonic GR07 are very good on any source, let's think about iPod.
W4 are good with Apple too, but on a powerful source they sounds better, but it is hard to find a really good powerful device to get a good synergy with them.
535 sometimes too bright, but they are very good phones.
W3 are very melodical with good soundstage, vocals, details, but also they need Teclast T51 to get a portable heaven or some another powerful lil bright source.
IE8/80 loves warm powerful sources, really great big sound with really natural 3D + on a big soundstabe.
ER4P super neutral + million details. Needs a warm powerful source to show all their potential. They are really top tier phones.
UM3X are great melodical iems, instrumental separation with a good space plus lot of details.
- Rank the IEM's you've heard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)! 28 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Jual Kitchen Set Bekas 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › DAC/amps with independent headphone and analog output levels? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)