- 12 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE2 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Maroon Red)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Sea Blue)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productShure SCL4 - Sound Isolating - headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - whitetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productShure SCL4-W White Sound Isolating Earphones Headphones - Shure SCL4Wtagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productSleek Audio SA6 In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-0 or DBA02 or q-jays!!!?! Last post on 8/24/10 at 8:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's to fall asleep with Last post on 4/29/11 at 3:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Three Driver Universal - The End Of The Line? Last post on 11/15/10 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Rank the IEM's you've heard - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious for all you guys that own a whole bunch of 'phones at one time, how do you decide which ones to listen to? Do you have a favorite pair or two and the rest just collect dust, or do you cycle through them for fun, or do you literally pick up a different pair depending on what type of music you're listening to? I'm no where near as fanatical about my audio (nor have the funding for this type of experimentation), so I'm just curious. :)
Different sound signatures gives diversity and different usages. I use my UM2 for most listening as they're the best I have for general listening, whereas with electronic(or bass-heavy music/video) I like to go with the Hippo VB which has an obscene amount of bass. When I work out I use the Hippo VB as well since they provide the bass to hold a beat whereas my UM2 has less, more refined bass.
made a posting here a few months back. Just an update
DBA-02 = B2 > ER4S (amped)>Eterna v.2>UE SF5 pro>RE0>Hippo VB>Ety MC3>other cheaper IEMs
DBA-02 sounds more or less the same as B2 so they're equal. I have an ER4P with a 75ohm transforming it to ER4S. ER4P (unamped) would probably come behind the RE0. I just find the sound too veiled. I prefer the ER4S amped (FiiO E7) but still place it behind the DBA and B2.
Would love to rank the RE0 higher but I really find a hard time getting a good seal with them even with different kinds of tips. Very poor isolation.
The MC3 sounds too thin and unexciting for my taste. Tried using an amp but not much improvement.
Source: CowonS9/Sansa clip + with/without FiiO E7 amp (not the best amp there is but adequate to reveal the differences)
Music genre: electronic, trance, new age (mostly instrumental)
Edited by leonsphinx - 10/7/11 at 6:10pm
W4 > TripleFi > Image X5 >= HF3 >= SE530* > V-Moda Vibe > CX300 = Apple IEM...to my ears
Obviously not a comprehensive assessment but I love the straightforwardness of it...all the adjectives get overwhelming at times.
I've not owned the shures so not a fair comparison (not vested/attached) but auditioned them quite a bit and went with the X5s. I am always disappoint with how much shures sound doesn't suit my taste. The Etys are also technically equivilant to at least the klipsch but i love the X5s sound.
Edited by ulnevrgtit - 12/8/11 at 11:06am
It's hard to compare IEMs with different characteristics so simplistically. GR07 and B2 are quite different but I love them both. Obviously for different reasons.
One thing that's not difficult to judge is how horrible the SE215 is to my ears
Monster Turbine Pro Gold -5 points (very effortless and warm, very good sound stage)
Radius HP TWF11 - 4,5 points little under MTPG
Ultimate ears 700 -4,5 points with harshness in treble
Altec lansing muzx 406 - 3,5 points. it has not so coherent sound as others above. Bass heavy, fairly good soundstage. ipod touch could not drive it and it needs more juice from portable amp, although it is iphone compatible with mic and remote.
sound magic pl30 - 3,5 points. it is though very good for a not demanding audiophile, very good soundstage but details retrieval is not outstanding, much simplified sound.
TF10X6 >TF10 >MTPC >Super Fi 3
haven't tried that many IEMs... actually haven't tried that many headphones at all.. I think my list will remain like this for very long time.. simply because I find full-size cans more natural...
Vsonic GR07 are very good on any source, let's think about iPod.
W4 are good with Apple too, but on a powerful source they sounds better, but it is hard to find a really good powerful device to get a good synergy with them.
535 sometimes too bright, but they are very good phones.
W3 are very melodical with good soundstage, vocals, details, but also they need Teclast T51 to get a portable heaven or some another powerful lil bright source.
IE8/80 loves warm powerful sources, really great big sound with really natural 3D + on a big soundstabe.
ER4P super neutral + million details. Needs a warm powerful source to show all their potential. They are really top tier phones.
UM3X are great melodical iems, instrumental separation with a good space plus lot of details.
- Rank the IEM's you've heard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 47 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 Limited, Mint Condition 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor SL build quality issues (1793) 10 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 11 minutes ago
- › FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad 14 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 14 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)