Senn IE8 > MTPG > TF10 > Turbine Originals > Munitio Teknine > V-Moda Bass Freq > Dre Beats Tour, Shure SE530 on the way soon! Excited :D
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE2 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Maroon Red)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Sea Blue)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productShure SCL4 - Sound Isolating - headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - whitetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productShure SCL4-W White Sound Isolating Earphones Headphones - Shure SCL4Wtagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productSleek Audio SA6 In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-0 or DBA02 or q-jays!!!?! Last post on 8/24/10 at 8:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's to fall asleep with Last post on 4/29/11 at 3:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Three Driver Universal - The End Of The Line? Last post on 11/15/10 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Rank the IEM's you've heard - Page 27post #391 of 10827/19/11 at 7:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #392 of 10827/19/11 at 10:07pmpost #393 of 10827/20/11 at 1:42ampost #394 of 10827/20/11 at 2:08ampost #395 of 10827/20/11 at 8:16am
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious for all you guys that own a whole bunch of 'phones at one time, how do you decide which ones to listen to? Do you have a favorite pair or two and the rest just collect dust, or do you cycle through them for fun, or do you literally pick up a different pair depending on what type of music you're listening to? I'm no where near as fanatical about my audio (nor have the funding for this type of experimentation), so I'm just curious. :)post #396 of 10827/20/11 at 8:59am
First off, I'd say you should identify what aspect or aspects you enjoy most about the music you listen to (ie --- do you prefer a lot of bass, or is this the least of your concerns. Do you instead like a balanced sound, or are you moved more by a good deal of treble, mid-range, full-bodied sound, etc., etc., etc,. . .)
Also, identifying what type (or types) of music you listen to most often will help you find a good headphone (or earphone), as well.
Then. . .depending on your price-range (which defines how much you are willing to spend), there are several fantastic reviews of good headphones and earphones right here at this site.
One in particular is by l joker l, who has compared quite a few different IE's, and even broken them down (in his review) by their respective price ranges. So, for example, if you don't want to spend more than $100.00, you can find just those IE's that he included in his review (really, in his comparison) which fall into that price category.
Those reviews could be helpful for you, in finding a pair of 'phones which might work well for you, according to your musical tastes and preferences
Edited by Louis8ball - 7/20/11 at 9:07ampost #397 of 10827/20/11 at 9:55ampost #398 of 10827/20/11 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by jmvdigital
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious for all you guys that own a whole bunch of 'phones at one time, how do you decide which ones to listen to? Do you have a favorite pair or two and the rest just collect dust, or do you cycle through them for fun, or do you literally pick up a different pair depending on what type of music you're listening to? I'm no where near as fanatical about my audio (nor have the funding for this type of experimentation), so I'm just curious. :)
i pick up each one when i want to hear a certain sound or function. i definitely pick up different pairs for different music. If i want to hear a dubstep track, ill use pro 900s, if i want to hear dave matthews band live, ill use d7000s, if i am listening to a speaker talk, ill use ad700s.post #399 of 10827/20/11 at 11:44ampost #400 of 10827/20/11 at 1:18pm
ER4S>B2>>Golds=Coppers>>EX700 (Demoed, not extensive listen)>CC51>M3>SP51>PS20>CW31>M1>CX21>S4>M31>M21>M9>Ink'd>Marshmallows>Sparkplugs. Probably missing a couple.post #401 of 10827/20/11 at 1:27pmpost #402 of 10827/20/11 at 5:01pm
just a quick question: this rank is based on the sound people like not on SQ right? otherwise will not make any sense since i have seen IEM less than 100€ rank above IEM above 300€. so i supose this is a rank base only sound preference right?post #403 of 10827/20/11 at 5:02pmpost #404 of 10827/27/11 at 9:19amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rank the IEM's you've heard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Power conditioners/regenerators - let's talk about clean power just now
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 9 seconds ago
- › Why isn't the Focal Spirit Classic more popular! 23 seconds ago
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker 1 minute ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by... 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 1 minute ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 2 minutes ago
- › IEMs similar to Fidelio X2 headphones? $100ish budget 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear