Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Rock Bands with Female Vocals?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rock Bands with Female Vocals? - Page 2

post #16 of 92
Of course there was Sleater-Kinney as well...
post #17 of 92
My favorites:

Fisher
Plumb
Garbage
Veruca Salt

also, Tara Sloan (Slone?) who was on one of those bad RockStar TV shows put out a very good rock CD. That's hard to find though.
post #18 of 92
The Kills
The Dead Weather
Sleater-Kinney
The Dresden Dolls
The XX
Blonde Redhead
Heartless Bastards
Throwing Muses
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
post #19 of 92
Thread Starter 
Wow...just discovered Symphonic Metal - Within Temptation, Nightwish....
post #20 of 92
Stream of Passion is one of my favorites, progressive rock from The Netherlands. Good stuff.

Stream of Passion on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
post #21 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
Wow...just discovered Symphonic Metal - Within Temptation, Nightwish....
lol, I remember the first time I heard Kamelot(not really the same, but within the same partial strand of metal). All I could really say was wow, and I have yet to have the same reaction to a band...
post #22 of 92
Thread Starter 
What's really amazing is that I also listen to a lot of classical music, as well as symphonic/orchestral soundtrack, and this is almost like an ethereal fusion of both...but thankfully I'm quite picky among particular female vocals, and I'm not trying to get everything...I think Within, Nightwish, and 1 or 2 others are what I'm going to get...those just have a great singer backed by an awesome band (and sometimes, orchestra..=0)
post #23 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
What's really amazing is that I also listen to a lot of classical music, as well as symphonic/orchestral soundtrack, and this is almost like an ethereal fusion of both...but thankfully I'm quite picky among particular female vocals, and I'm not trying to get everything...I think Within, Nightwish, and 1 or 2 others are what I'm going to get...those just have a great singer backed by an awesome band (and sometimes, orchestra..=0)
if you think you could stand some male vocals I highly suggest kamelot, amazing male singer(if I'm not mistaken he was trained for opera singing, not 100% on that though) they also have a female guest on every once in awhile; check out love me to death, anthem, and the Elizabeth song trilogy(three parts, all start with Elizabeth: -insert title name--)

just youtube them
post #24 of 92
Sky Larkin -

+ YouTube Video

Plus the drummer is fab too

+ YouTube Video
post #25 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxenle View Post
if you think you could stand some male vocals I highly suggest kamelot, amazing male singer(if I'm not mistaken he was trained for opera singing, not 100% on that though) they also have a female guest on every once in awhile; check out love me to death, anthem, and the Elizabeth song trilogy(three parts, all start with Elizabeth: -insert title name--)

just youtube them
Pretty good, but the majority of my rock collection is predominantly male vocals...just trying to expand on the vocals of the fair sex...xD

Within Temptation's Silent Force album is brilliant...the whole nine yards..
post #26 of 92
No Doubt
post #27 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
Pretty good, but the majority of my rock collection is predominantly male vocals...just trying to expand on the vocals of the fair sex...xD

Within Temptation's Silent Force album is brilliant...the whole nine yards..
Ya, I partially listened to that album(got distracted by the interwebs/school work) but it did sound really good.

But for me Khan(kamelots vocalist) voice at times is amazing, beautiful, and packed with emotion...

Silent force seemed to be pretty powerful music wise, and her voice was beautiful, it just didn't seem to have enough power or force in it to fully draw me in(possibly because I know spend a lot of time listening to bands like August Burns Red...)

hehe sorry, they are what semi-got me into metal, I'll always have a soft spot for that band I'll also always have a slight soft spot for dragon force, who opened the world of metal for me, even though I still slightly mock them and laugh at them
post #28 of 92
I'll second the suggestion for Garbage: great voice by Shirley Manson, and great music too.
post #29 of 92
A few not mentioned:
Breeders
Ting Tings
Elastica
Goldfrapp
Ladytron
Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X (though not girl-fronted after that, I think)
post #30 of 92
The Sundays
Fleetwood Mac
Sixpence None The Richer
Belly
The Waitresses
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Rock Bands with Female Vocals?