Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Who here is NOT buying MW2?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who here is NOT buying MW2? - Page 2

post #16 of 218
I was under the impression that the game would have dedicated servers, but they were simply not active in the version that got leaked?

If this is indeed true, I will cancel my preorder immediately (at worst, $5 wasted)
post #17 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Doug View Post
I was under the impression that the game would have dedicated servers, but they were simply not active in the version that got leaked?

If this is indeed true, I will cancel my preorder immediately (at worst, $5 wasted)
The version that was leaked was the 360 version, and consoles don't have a need for dedicated servers.

I don't know what happened with IW and their attitude since CoD4, but after following the whole fiasco from the beginning (starting with the "Oh, by the way, there are no dedicated servers...") to their psuedo-ignorant attitude towards PC gamer's needs in the latest meeting, I've done two things.
  1. Signed the petition for the dedicated servers (even though by now we know it's a lost cause)
  2. Pre-ordered Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the PC. Their company took the chance to announce that they're going all-out for the PC version, and from what I've seen with the MP, it'll be awesome. Destructible environments? Yes, please.
My friend who has already played through MW2 said that the single-player mode is "epic," and it's obvious that there will be a MW3 in the future. But hell, at this rate that IW has been jerking us PC gamers around, the only way we'll want to play the game is through pirating it.
post #18 of 218
Yeah I'm not entirely sure as to why it is this way. I was under the assumption that the way multiplayer works with no dedicated servers reduces piracy. They forgot it might reduce sales too. It's probably not a massive hitch for countries with decent broadband speeds but Australia is a bit behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynjell View Post
Me. I instinctively think this every time I see MW2.
I still have that game . It was so awesome back in the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraseyboy View Post
I find that the single player experience in the CoD games is often better than the multiplayer. In this case it certainly will be.

I will definitely acquire it somehow for the singleplayer.
Not for me. While I was blindsided with the story mode on COD4, I valued the multiplayer a heck of a lot more. If I say I love CS, maybe that would give some insight into the type of fps I like. I'm more for playing with people for such titles. I don't play any MMOs as I'd rather play by myself so I'm a contradiction.
post #19 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynjell View Post
I instinctively think this every time I see MW2.
x2
post #20 of 218
No dedicated servers is just ridiculous.
post #21 of 218
I will for sure not buy this game. IW ways of handling this issue, with a big silence towards the PC community on the official forums, (on which there is some lesser intelligent posts as a result of anger yes but also some very good post making perfect decent arguments) is nothing short of a discontent towards potential costumers and in fact also a pretty big ***** you to the community as I see it.

They will force PC players to play the game like they have balanced it and the way they wants it to be played, making a PC gamer into a console gamer and I would not be surprised if they will have the nerve to demand pay for DLC down the line either.
Neither will I be surprised if the next IW COD title will be console only.

I am happy to see that PC gamers are not such push-overs though and I hope the boycott will lead to some heat at IW, though I as we all know it will sell huge amounts on consoles and also probably a decent amount on PC for players that wants to get shafted by developers that do not understand, or want to understand PC communities.

And I also read about the possibility that Rage will not have dedicated servers which of course is bad if it is true, and do not even get me started on Dragon Rising, 'Consolemasters' have f'cked up so much with that release it seems that their official forum is on fire with negative posts, and also mind you banning members and deleting posts that compare it with ARMA II. CM will I hope and think take a massive hit on that title, a sorry excuse for the name it carries, and Dragon Rising was probably rushed because they saw they could not compete with MW2.

I am as others putting my money towards other titles, and I will not let IW get my money for COD4 either that I planned on purchasing.

I hope that PC gamers at least gets a bit more critical towards the industry, because the last month alone has been a real eye-opener.

Sad thing is alot of console players do not even understand why PC gamers are angry that the dedicated servers are dropped for MW2, I guess they do not know any better, well many of them anyway, cause they have been given a narrow mode of playing all the time since the beginning, they should cry out for dedicated server too.
post #22 of 218
They want to transform PC games into console games low standard's more and more, no dedicated servers and 9vs9 ... look like a april fool joke's.

Lets hope it will be a failure in the pc market so other developers will think twice before releasing another scandalous pc game.

Maybe in 10 years PC games will only be made by the PC community and console games by multinational company that will produce casual games only.

The progress isn't great ?
post #23 of 218
Myth War 2... No thanks!
post #24 of 218
Here is a nice article listing all of the issues with the PC game.
PC Modern Warfare 2: it's much worse than you thought - Ars Technica
post #25 of 218
Why are they even releasing a PC version? Given piracy rates on the PC, I'd figure they'd lose more money from PC piracy cannibalizing console sales than they'd stand to make by selling the game to PC gamers.
post #26 of 218
ty so much for that link!

this really brings my piss to a boil
post #27 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynjell View Post
Me.
I instinctively think this every time I see MW2.
So do I. I must be old.
post #28 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin View Post
Why are they even releasing a PC version? Given piracy rates on the PC, I'd figure they'd lose more money from PC piracy cannibalizing console sales than they'd stand to make by selling the game to PC gamers.
and you know this, because youve seen the marketing figures and actuarial calculations?
post #29 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
I will for sure not buy this game. IW ways of handling this issue, with a big silence towards the PC community on the official forums, (on which there is some lesser intelligent posts as a result of anger yes but also some very good post making perfect decent arguments) is nothing short of a discontent towards potential costumers and in fact also a pretty big ***** you to the community as I see it.

They will force PC players to play the game like they have balanced it and the way they wants it to be played, making a PC gamer into a console gamer and I would not be surprised if they will have the nerve to demand pay for DLC down the line either.
Neither will I be surprised if the next IW COD title will be console only.

I am happy to see that PC gamers are not such push-overs though and I hope the boycott will lead to some heat at IW, though I as we all know it will sell huge amounts on consoles and also probably a decent amount on PC for players that wants to get shafted by developers that do not understand, or want to understand PC communities.

And I also read about the possibility that Rage will not have dedicated servers which of course is bad if it is true, and do not even get me started on Dragon Rising, 'Consolemasters' have f'cked up so much with that release it seems that their official forum is on fire with negative posts, and also mind you banning members and deleting posts that compare it with ARMA II. CM will I hope and think take a massive hit on that title, a sorry excuse for the name it carries, and Dragon Rising was probably rushed because they saw they could not compete with MW2.

I am as others putting my money towards other titles, and I will not let IW get my money for COD4 either that I planned on purchasing.

I hope that PC gamers at least gets a bit more critical towards the industry, because the last month alone has been a real eye-opener.

Sad thing is alot of console players do not even understand why PC gamers are angry that the dedicated servers are dropped for MW2, I guess they do not know any better, well many of them anyway, cause they have been given a narrow mode of playing all the time since the beginning, they should cry out for dedicated server too.
PC Gaming: Serious Business.

EDIT: Sorry, that sounded like trolling. I agree with you, but also we shouldn't be bitching and moaning- we should simply boycott consolized games. Simple.
post #30 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Doug View Post
and you know this, because youve seen the marketing figures and actuarial calculations?
Because the transformation from 360 to PC isn't a huge one, and any dev house worth their salt will program for all platforms from the get-go, because superior market saturation equals greater profit margins, for a small amount of time investment.

Personally though, if they're going to **** the game that much, I agree with the other guy, why even make the game if it's going to suck frozen monkey turds.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Who here is NOT buying MW2?