Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Help! AH-D7000 is addicting...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help! AH-D7000 is addicting...

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
my D7000 is soo damn good, am currently suffering from "one more song syndrome!"
post #2 of 25
I hear you, I love mine as well and listening sessions tend to be a lot longer than I ever planned...
post #3 of 25

Add me to the list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post
I hear you, I love mine as well and listening sessions tend to be a lot longer than I ever planned...
I am currently doing the same thing with mine...just one more song...
post #4 of 25
I've heard this a lot about the D7000. I also can't stop listening to them. Not sure what it is about them but they are addicting.
post #5 of 25
Sadly, I am not digging mine as much as you guys. I find the bass to be overwhelming, to the point where it distracts from the actual music alot of the time. Pretty sibilant too. Kind of like a rich man's HFI-780, if you ask me. They seem "hot," and by that I don't mean "very warm," I mean the opposite of the K 702 (which I personally love). Is there another word for that? It's like if the K 702 is too distant, dry and analytical, the D7000 is too personal, swampy and dramatic.

Maybe they're just not for me. I keep on hoping that they'll kick in at some point. Anyway, I don't mean to rain on your parade. Clearly a quality headphone. I am glad that you like them and can certainly understand why.
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgameboy View Post
my D7000 is soo damn good, am currently suffering from "one more song syndrome!"
me too which explailns why i cant fall asleep early ever b/c i listen to them every night
post #7 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by priest View Post
Sadly, I am not digging mine as much as you guys. I find the bass to be overwhelming, to the point where it distracts from the actual music alot of the time. Pretty sibilant too. Kind of like a rich man's HFI-780, if you ask me. They seem "hot," and by that I don't mean "very warm," I mean the opposite of the K 702 (which I personally love). Is there another word for that? It's like if the K 702 is too distant, dry and analytical, the D7000 is too personal, swampy and dramatic.

Maybe they're just not for me. I keep on hoping that they'll kick in at some point. Anyway, I don't mean to rain on your parade. Clearly a quality headphone. I am glad that you like them and can certainly understand why.
man the d7000 is the most comfortable headphones i have ever owned. can wear it for hours and even forget that i am wearing headphones. and i find the bass just right. i upgraded from the D5000, which had uncontrollable bass that was all over the place, but the D7000 fixes that problem, and the bass doesnt interfere with the overall music. maybe you have it paired with the wrong amp or something?
post #8 of 25
Don't tell me... I have got a 7000 four days ago and I am in heaven! I can't stop listening to it!

Overwhelming bass? Not at all! Liquid, creamy bass. Powerful bass when it's needed and the recording has it. But very controlled bass, too, not bloated, not greasy, not boomy. And it doesn't smear on the other frequencies, which stay crystal clear and precise. Powerful, but tight and in no way headache inducing.

Maybe it depends on the amp, too: I am using a Graham Slee Solo SRG to drive them...
post #9 of 25
I am experiencing the same with my xxx too! And now, just consider the price tag difference!
post #10 of 25
lol, I love the D7K too, whats your source&amp?
post #11 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather225 View Post
lol, I love the D7K too, whats your source&amp?
LAPTOP---Foobar via Asio-----V-DAC----EF1
post #12 of 25

Listen to a full home theater setup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by priest View Post
Sadly, I am not digging mine as much as you guys. I find the bass to be overwhelming, to the point where it distracts from the actual music alot of the time. Pretty sibilant too. Kind of like a rich man's HFI-780, if you ask me. They seem "hot," and by that I don't mean "very warm," I mean the opposite of the K 702 (which I personally love). Is there another word for that? It's like if the K 702 is too distant, dry and analytical, the D7000 is too personal, swampy and dramatic.

Maybe they're just not for me. I keep on hoping that they'll kick in at some point. Anyway, I don't mean to rain on your parade. Clearly a quality headphone. I am glad that you like them and can certainly understand why.
I think if you only listen to headphones, one might forget what true bass sounds like. Honestly (and this is my opinion) the only headphone that I've every heard that comes close to sounding like a good home theater setup are the D7000s. The bass is not bloated, I think one might just be used to headphone bass and forget what a 12-14" subwoofer sounds like. Not to say the D7000s sound like a good subwoofer, they are just the closest representation that I have heard from a headphone.
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
I think if you only listen to headphones, one might forget what true bass sounds like. Honestly (and this is my opinion) the only headphone that I've every heard that comes close to sounding like a good home theater setup are the D7000s. The bass is not bloated, I think one might just be used to headphone bass and forget what a 12-14" subwoofer sounds like. Not to say the D7000s sound like a good subwoofer, they are just the closest representation that I have heard from a headphone.
It is true that I almost never listen to speakers. And I'm not much of a basshead to begin with, I am slowing realizing. Also, since last night, coincidentally, the bass seems to have calmed down slightly or maybe I'm finally getting used to it. Anyway, I'm not giving up on them. I've been listening to them every night for 2-3 hours for the last 10 days or so. Burned them in for around 100 hours also.
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucabeer View Post
Don't tell me... I have got a 7000 four days ago and I am in heaven! I can't stop listening to it!

Overwhelming bass? Not at all! Liquid, creamy bass. Powerful bass when it's needed and the recording has it. But very controlled bass, too, not bloated, not greasy, not boomy. And it doesn't smear on the other frequencies, which stay crystal clear and precise. Powerful, but tight and in no way headache inducing.

Maybe it depends on the amp, too: I am using a Graham Slee Solo SRG to drive them...
not everyone loves this kind of powerful bass like the denons have. in fact, the HD650 is a great replacement for those looking for a deep bass without the punch.
I,personally very like my AHD5000,and I used to think that the bass was too overwhelming so I thought of upgrading to the 7000,but now I got used to it (or they get settled after 1000+ hours) and I think it is just right so I think I gonna stick with the 5000.
anyway, amazing sound IMO for the denons, they best can I have so far (the other two are the HD650 and the RS1)
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by priest View Post
Sadly, I am not digging mine as much as you guys. I find the bass to be overwhelming, to the point where it distracts from the actual music alot of the time. Pretty sibilant too. Kind of like a rich man's HFI-780, if you ask me. They seem "hot," and by that I don't mean "very warm," I mean the opposite of the K 702 (which I personally love). Is there another word for that? It's like if the K 702 is too distant, dry and analytical, the D7000 is too personal, swampy and dramatic.

Maybe they're just not for me. I keep on hoping that they'll kick in at some point. Anyway, I don't mean to rain on your parade. Clearly a quality headphone. I am glad that you like them and can certainly understand why.
That's why I found the HD600's to be the happy-medium for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Help! AH-D7000 is addicting...