The shipping from Audeze for me would have been almost $60. I went through TTJV and saved 40-50 on it. I got them about a week after shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Audeze LCD-2 Orthos - Page 1226post #18376 of 184599/30/11 at 2:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18377 of 184599/30/11 at 2:54pmpost #18378 of 184599/30/11 at 2:55pmpost #18379 of 184599/30/11 at 5:57pmpost #18380 of 184599/30/11 at 6:42pmpost #18381 of 1845910/1/11 at 2:18ampost #18382 of 1845910/1/11 at 4:08amQuote:
I bought a Rev. 2 during that sale as well, he did end up having to get more stock in though, so with that wait and customs holding on to them for over a week I just got my pair yesterday. Drew's shipping charges into Canada are far more reasonable than any of the other places they're available from, it may take a bit a longer than but for myself I wasn't in a big rush to get them (although I was starting to get a bit antsy the past couple of days. :P)post #18383 of 1845910/1/11 at 7:56ampost #18384 of 1845910/1/11 at 8:00amI've lurked long enough and would like to come out of my cave and say a big thank you to all ya folks for contributing to my decision to buy a pair of LCD-2s. I went to the shop today to compare them against the Denon D7ks but the LCD2 just outshone them in every department. After auditioning the LCDs, I found the Denons to be sibilant and rather artificial sounding.
I auditioned them with a Classic-> Solo -> Mini3 which is my daily rig. That's all I have now but I am looking forward to picking up a good portable amp. Maybe a SR-71B? What do you guys think?
Am listening to Massive Attack - Mezzanine on them now and am really impressed at how tight and extended the bass can get if the recording calls for it. And such details!
The guitar work by Mark Knopfler on Fade to Black is truly mesmerizing on these babies.
Thanks again all!.
Edited by swishbrade - 10/1/11 at 8:07ampost #18385 of 1845910/2/11 at 6:57pmAll of us agreed and all thought we were hearing the same things, for the most part.
My immediate reaction to the lcd was the stage, it grabbed my attention mostly. The bass obviously didn't compare (speaking about volume) to my thunders but it was very clean and pleasing to listen to. I thought the lcd played well with all the amps we had at the meet, but the additional dynamic that the lyr added was really nice. I just felt like the lcd did nothing really wrong. contrary to the prior statement, I sort of felt that there was nothing about the lcd that time and time again wowed me about its presentation. it was just damn good all round. Comfort wise, i loved how the lcd fit, the rev 2 padding and overall feel on-head was wonderful, the clamp is just right for me and i love the feel of the distance between my ears and the driver. I'm not sure what else to add since I really didnt have that much head time with them. I'm sure we'll be meeting again soon once my bifrost gets here and we'll all listen a bit longer.
Mpost #18386 of 1845910/2/11 at 7:47pmpost #18387 of 1845910/2/11 at 8:37pm^ huh? sorry they were comfortable for me... maybe you have a weird head, or maybe i do. It's subjective and why say it if you hate to say it... also why say this right after my post, especially remarking about me cheating myself, and did you look to see what other headphones i have tried? haha you make me laugh, nice troll
Edited by mmayer167 - 10/2/11 at 8:39pmpost #18388 of 1845910/2/11 at 8:39pmQuote:
The LCD-2s are so incredibly fickle about comfort. For some with smaller heads, it's like weight training for the neck. For some with larger heads it's okay but sits funny. The D7000s are by far more comfortable than the LCD-2s, or really any other headphone I've heard, but what you gain in return is worth it.post #18389 of 1845910/2/11 at 9:24pm
This thread is locked
- Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 49 seconds ago
- › New member roll call 50 seconds ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › EX1 promotional offer for FiiO users--offer has ended. Thanks... 3 minutes ago
- › Budget Quality Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 8 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2