The shipping from Audeze for me would have been almost $60. I went through TTJV and saved 40-50 on it. I got them about a week after shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 1/11/12 at 4:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Edited on 9/19/11
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
Audeze LCD-2 Orthos - Page 1226post #18376 of 184599/30/11 at 2:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18377 of 184599/30/11 at 2:54pmpost #18378 of 184599/30/11 at 2:55pmpost #18379 of 184599/30/11 at 5:57pmpost #18380 of 184599/30/11 at 6:42pmpost #18381 of 1845910/1/11 at 2:18ampost #18382 of 1845910/1/11 at 4:08amQuote:
I bought a Rev. 2 during that sale as well, he did end up having to get more stock in though, so with that wait and customs holding on to them for over a week I just got my pair yesterday. Drew's shipping charges into Canada are far more reasonable than any of the other places they're available from, it may take a bit a longer than but for myself I wasn't in a big rush to get them (although I was starting to get a bit antsy the past couple of days. :P)post #18383 of 1845910/1/11 at 7:56ampost #18384 of 1845910/1/11 at 8:00amI've lurked long enough and would like to come out of my cave and say a big thank you to all ya folks for contributing to my decision to buy a pair of LCD-2s. I went to the shop today to compare them against the Denon D7ks but the LCD2 just outshone them in every department. After auditioning the LCDs, I found the Denons to be sibilant and rather artificial sounding.
I auditioned them with a Classic-> Solo -> Mini3 which is my daily rig. That's all I have now but I am looking forward to picking up a good portable amp. Maybe a SR-71B? What do you guys think?
Am listening to Massive Attack - Mezzanine on them now and am really impressed at how tight and extended the bass can get if the recording calls for it. And such details!
The guitar work by Mark Knopfler on Fade to Black is truly mesmerizing on these babies.
Thanks again all!.
Edited by swishbrade - 10/1/11 at 8:07ampost #18385 of 1845910/2/11 at 6:57pmAll of us agreed and all thought we were hearing the same things, for the most part.
My immediate reaction to the lcd was the stage, it grabbed my attention mostly. The bass obviously didn't compare (speaking about volume) to my thunders but it was very clean and pleasing to listen to. I thought the lcd played well with all the amps we had at the meet, but the additional dynamic that the lyr added was really nice. I just felt like the lcd did nothing really wrong. contrary to the prior statement, I sort of felt that there was nothing about the lcd that time and time again wowed me about its presentation. it was just damn good all round. Comfort wise, i loved how the lcd fit, the rev 2 padding and overall feel on-head was wonderful, the clamp is just right for me and i love the feel of the distance between my ears and the driver. I'm not sure what else to add since I really didnt have that much head time with them. I'm sure we'll be meeting again soon once my bifrost gets here and we'll all listen a bit longer.
Mpost #18386 of 1845910/2/11 at 7:47pmpost #18387 of 1845910/2/11 at 8:37pm^ huh? sorry they were comfortable for me... maybe you have a weird head, or maybe i do. It's subjective and why say it if you hate to say it... also why say this right after my post, especially remarking about me cheating myself, and did you look to see what other headphones i have tried? haha you make me laugh, nice troll
Edited by mmayer167 - 10/2/11 at 8:39pmpost #18388 of 1845910/2/11 at 8:39pmQuote:
The LCD-2s are so incredibly fickle about comfort. For some with smaller heads, it's like weight training for the neck. For some with larger heads it's okay but sits funny. The D7000s are by far more comfortable than the LCD-2s, or really any other headphone I've heard, but what you gain in return is worth it.post #18389 of 1845910/2/11 at 9:24pm
This thread is locked
- Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Is Grado evolving too slowly? 26 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including... 42 seconds ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH-900/TH-600 or LCD-2 for basshead (with sample playlist) 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics E-DAC - Review 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe