What you do is take off the headband and pads, and then tape each cup onto a pair of cardboard boxes, eq the bass way up so you can hear it, and you've got yourself an LCD-2 speaker!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 1/11/12 at 4:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Audeze LCD-2 Orthos - Page 1225post #18361 of 184599/29/11 at 3:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18362 of 184599/29/11 at 4:18pmpost #18363 of 184599/29/11 at 6:33pmpost #18364 of 184599/29/11 at 8:30pm
That was a very good meet. $4500 in audiophile equipment, all in one place.Quote:post #18365 of 184599/29/11 at 8:37pmpost #18366 of 184599/29/11 at 8:45pmpost #18367 of 184599/30/11 at 12:19am
anyone tried repainting their LCD2s? the black paint on the yokes of my LCD2s are starting to chip and fall off. Was wondering if anyone has experience repainting them. Im interested in maybe getting a piano black or (gunmetal black if glossy is not possible) finish on the metallic parts if its doable.post #18368 of 184599/30/11 at 4:59am
I need help changing the head band, the yoke's paint was coming off, got a free replacement but not sure how to swap it
Have mine up forsale now, not getting enough love, really sad
Is the rev 2 headband more comfortable?post #18369 of 184599/30/11 at 6:03am
Im assuming u got a free replacement because it was under warranty?
Quote:post #18370 of 184599/30/11 at 6:06amI was going to order a pair of LCD-2 rev.2 but didn't because I couldn't bear the 2 months wait again; then today I saw a pair in a shop and I bought them right away. Built-wise, they feel more solid and better built than my original LCD-2. They feel lighter and seem to stay on my head much better and are more comfortable; my rev.2 is the version with the leather ear pads and I like the cable a lot more than the old one.
I plugged both of them into my Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 which has a twin headphone amp and played a track that I've mixed myself which I know very well. On first listen, I was a bit horrified because it sounded very thin and very distorted, I was switching between the two periodically and i definitely much preferred the original LCD-2. Then as by miracle, after about 10 minutes of listening, the rev.2 began to sound more similar to the original, and the distortion in the highs has somehow become less and less. So now, I just left them plugged in a let them burn in a bit. Think I'll do some more comparison tomorrow.post #18371 of 184599/30/11 at 7:03ampost #18372 of 184599/30/11 at 7:19ampost #18373 of 184599/30/11 at 12:20pmpost #18374 of 184599/30/11 at 12:53pm
This thread is locked
- Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 8 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 1 minute ago
- › Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 vs HE500 3 minutes ago
- › IEM for riding 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude