What you do is take off the headband and pads, and then tape each cup onto a pair of cardboard boxes, eq the bass way up so you can hear it, and you've got yourself an LCD-2 speaker!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Audeze LCD-2 Orthos - Page 1225post #18361 of 184599/29/11 at 3:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18362 of 184599/29/11 at 4:18pmpost #18363 of 184599/29/11 at 6:33pmpost #18364 of 184599/29/11 at 8:30pm
That was a very good meet. $4500 in audiophile equipment, all in one place.Quote:post #18365 of 184599/29/11 at 8:37pmpost #18366 of 184599/29/11 at 8:45pmpost #18367 of 184599/30/11 at 12:19am
anyone tried repainting their LCD2s? the black paint on the yokes of my LCD2s are starting to chip and fall off. Was wondering if anyone has experience repainting them. Im interested in maybe getting a piano black or (gunmetal black if glossy is not possible) finish on the metallic parts if its doable.post #18368 of 184599/30/11 at 4:59am
I need help changing the head band, the yoke's paint was coming off, got a free replacement but not sure how to swap it
Have mine up forsale now, not getting enough love, really sad
Is the rev 2 headband more comfortable?post #18369 of 184599/30/11 at 6:03am
Im assuming u got a free replacement because it was under warranty?
Quote:post #18370 of 184599/30/11 at 6:06amI was going to order a pair of LCD-2 rev.2 but didn't because I couldn't bear the 2 months wait again; then today I saw a pair in a shop and I bought them right away. Built-wise, they feel more solid and better built than my original LCD-2. They feel lighter and seem to stay on my head much better and are more comfortable; my rev.2 is the version with the leather ear pads and I like the cable a lot more than the old one.
I plugged both of them into my Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 which has a twin headphone amp and played a track that I've mixed myself which I know very well. On first listen, I was a bit horrified because it sounded very thin and very distorted, I was switching between the two periodically and i definitely much preferred the original LCD-2. Then as by miracle, after about 10 minutes of listening, the rev.2 began to sound more similar to the original, and the distortion in the highs has somehow become less and less. So now, I just left them plugged in a let them burn in a bit. Think I'll do some more comparison tomorrow.post #18371 of 184599/30/11 at 7:03ampost #18372 of 184599/30/11 at 7:19ampost #18373 of 184599/30/11 at 12:20pmpost #18374 of 184599/30/11 at 12:53pm
This thread is locked
- Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Jakarta USF (Ultimate Sound Fair) 26-27 Sept 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › How Head-fi has helped you on your audiophile journey 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)