What you do is take off the headband and pads, and then tape each cup onto a pair of cardboard boxes, eq the bass way up so you can hear it, and you've got yourself an LCD-2 speaker!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
Audeze LCD-2 Orthos - Page 1225post #18361 of 184599/29/11 at 3:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18362 of 184599/29/11 at 4:18pmpost #18363 of 184599/29/11 at 6:33pmpost #18364 of 184599/29/11 at 8:30pm
That was a very good meet. $4500 in audiophile equipment, all in one place.Quote:post #18365 of 184599/29/11 at 8:37pmpost #18366 of 184599/29/11 at 8:45pmpost #18367 of 184599/30/11 at 12:19am
anyone tried repainting their LCD2s? the black paint on the yokes of my LCD2s are starting to chip and fall off. Was wondering if anyone has experience repainting them. Im interested in maybe getting a piano black or (gunmetal black if glossy is not possible) finish on the metallic parts if its doable.post #18368 of 184599/30/11 at 4:59am
I need help changing the head band, the yoke's paint was coming off, got a free replacement but not sure how to swap it
Have mine up forsale now, not getting enough love, really sad
Is the rev 2 headband more comfortable?post #18369 of 184599/30/11 at 6:03am
Im assuming u got a free replacement because it was under warranty?
Quote:post #18370 of 184599/30/11 at 6:06amI was going to order a pair of LCD-2 rev.2 but didn't because I couldn't bear the 2 months wait again; then today I saw a pair in a shop and I bought them right away. Built-wise, they feel more solid and better built than my original LCD-2. They feel lighter and seem to stay on my head much better and are more comfortable; my rev.2 is the version with the leather ear pads and I like the cable a lot more than the old one.
I plugged both of them into my Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 which has a twin headphone amp and played a track that I've mixed myself which I know very well. On first listen, I was a bit horrified because it sounded very thin and very distorted, I was switching between the two periodically and i definitely much preferred the original LCD-2. Then as by miracle, after about 10 minutes of listening, the rev.2 began to sound more similar to the original, and the distortion in the highs has somehow become less and less. So now, I just left them plugged in a let them burn in a bit. Think I'll do some more comparison tomorrow.post #18371 of 184599/30/11 at 7:03ampost #18372 of 184599/30/11 at 7:19ampost #18373 of 184599/30/11 at 12:20pmpost #18374 of 184599/30/11 at 12:53pm
This thread is locked
- Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best In-Ear headphones for its value for listen to music while... 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue M 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Hello & Note 3 RHA T10i combo questions 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 22 Portable Sources, Lotoo Paw 5000... 7 minutes ago
- › MATRIX M-Stage HPA-3B Class A Full Balance Headphone Amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3