What you do is take off the headband and pads, and then tape each cup onto a pair of cardboard boxes, eq the bass way up so you can hear it, and you've got yourself an LCD-2 speaker!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Audeze LCD-2 Orthos - Page 1225post #18361 of 184599/29/11 at 3:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18362 of 184599/29/11 at 4:18pmpost #18363 of 184599/29/11 at 6:33pmpost #18364 of 184599/29/11 at 8:30pm
That was a very good meet. $4500 in audiophile equipment, all in one place.Quote:post #18365 of 184599/29/11 at 8:37pmpost #18366 of 184599/29/11 at 8:45pmpost #18367 of 184599/30/11 at 12:19am
anyone tried repainting their LCD2s? the black paint on the yokes of my LCD2s are starting to chip and fall off. Was wondering if anyone has experience repainting them. Im interested in maybe getting a piano black or (gunmetal black if glossy is not possible) finish on the metallic parts if its doable.post #18368 of 184599/30/11 at 4:59am
I need help changing the head band, the yoke's paint was coming off, got a free replacement but not sure how to swap it
Have mine up forsale now, not getting enough love, really sad
Is the rev 2 headband more comfortable?post #18369 of 184599/30/11 at 6:03am
Im assuming u got a free replacement because it was under warranty?
Quote:post #18370 of 184599/30/11 at 6:06amI was going to order a pair of LCD-2 rev.2 but didn't because I couldn't bear the 2 months wait again; then today I saw a pair in a shop and I bought them right away. Built-wise, they feel more solid and better built than my original LCD-2. They feel lighter and seem to stay on my head much better and are more comfortable; my rev.2 is the version with the leather ear pads and I like the cable a lot more than the old one.
I plugged both of them into my Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 which has a twin headphone amp and played a track that I've mixed myself which I know very well. On first listen, I was a bit horrified because it sounded very thin and very distorted, I was switching between the two periodically and i definitely much preferred the original LCD-2. Then as by miracle, after about 10 minutes of listening, the rev.2 began to sound more similar to the original, and the distortion in the highs has somehow become less and less. So now, I just left them plugged in a let them burn in a bit. Think I'll do some more comparison tomorrow.post #18371 of 184599/30/11 at 7:03ampost #18372 of 184599/30/11 at 7:19ampost #18373 of 184599/30/11 at 12:20pmpost #18374 of 184599/30/11 at 12:53pm
This thread is locked
- Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 22 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-29 (Single Ended Master Race lol) 2 minutes ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Meridian Explorer V1 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 7 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse