What you do is take off the headband and pads, and then tape each cup onto a pair of cardboard boxes, eq the bass way up so you can hear it, and you've got yourself an LCD-2 speaker!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Audeze LCD-2 Orthos - Page 1225post #18361 of 184599/29/11 at 3:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18362 of 184599/29/11 at 4:18pmpost #18363 of 184599/29/11 at 6:33pmpost #18364 of 184599/29/11 at 8:30pm
That was a very good meet. $4500 in audiophile equipment, all in one place.Quote:post #18365 of 184599/29/11 at 8:37pmpost #18366 of 184599/29/11 at 8:45pmpost #18367 of 184599/30/11 at 12:19am
anyone tried repainting their LCD2s? the black paint on the yokes of my LCD2s are starting to chip and fall off. Was wondering if anyone has experience repainting them. Im interested in maybe getting a piano black or (gunmetal black if glossy is not possible) finish on the metallic parts if its doable.post #18368 of 184599/30/11 at 4:59am
I need help changing the head band, the yoke's paint was coming off, got a free replacement but not sure how to swap it
Have mine up forsale now, not getting enough love, really sad
Is the rev 2 headband more comfortable?post #18369 of 184599/30/11 at 6:03am
Im assuming u got a free replacement because it was under warranty?
Quote:post #18370 of 184599/30/11 at 6:06amI was going to order a pair of LCD-2 rev.2 but didn't because I couldn't bear the 2 months wait again; then today I saw a pair in a shop and I bought them right away. Built-wise, they feel more solid and better built than my original LCD-2. They feel lighter and seem to stay on my head much better and are more comfortable; my rev.2 is the version with the leather ear pads and I like the cable a lot more than the old one.
I plugged both of them into my Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 which has a twin headphone amp and played a track that I've mixed myself which I know very well. On first listen, I was a bit horrified because it sounded very thin and very distorted, I was switching between the two periodically and i definitely much preferred the original LCD-2. Then as by miracle, after about 10 minutes of listening, the rev.2 began to sound more similar to the original, and the distortion in the highs has somehow become less and less. So now, I just left them plugged in a let them burn in a bit. Think I'll do some more comparison tomorrow.post #18371 of 184599/30/11 at 7:03ampost #18372 of 184599/30/11 at 7:19ampost #18373 of 184599/30/11 at 12:20pmpost #18374 of 184599/30/11 at 12:53pm
This thread is locked
- Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 15 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 22 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 31 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 46 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 2 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...