I would be interested in the angled pads. I have a thing for angled pads.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Gainclone LM3886 for Headphone? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Question about the Sennheiser 280s Last post on 9/20/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Happy, and wondering. Last post on 8/19/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 667
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it's for the HM5 they should fit the same as the standard "straight" HM5 pads.
They fit the T50RP but require some quite a bit of stretching otherwise different methods of fixing it on.
If you take on/off the HM5 pads too often, you'll likely rip the flaps.
They are pads the that come with the NVX version of an Fischer FA-003 Clone/ Brainwavz hm5. Angled pleather pads, these could be interesting for those unoffended by pleather.
I'm thinking about these guys.. $25 including shipping is pretty good. I wish I could hear from someone who had tried them.
I just found em only a couple days ago... I doubt anyone has tried it out just yet. I would say it's safe to assume the sound will be very similar to FA-003/HM5 pads they are based off of. For obvious reasons, they will not sound the same since the depth due to the angle will be different. Additionally, there is no way to guarantee they are the same type of pleather used in all the other clones of the Fischer original. I will probably order a pair, however, since I never tried any of the FA-003HM5 pads or their revisions, I won't be much help comparing them. I always felt my t50rps had better soundstage with a slight angle. By the look, these have a pretty steep angle.
I was looking at the Beyer pleater, and the Beyer Gel pads. Are those Fischer pads comfortable?
Edit: Wow those look niiiice (and theyre quite cheap). I'll probably order them later today.
Edited by OmarCCX - 3/4/13 at 8:12am
I haven't ever tried them, but I've heard the Beyer gel pads are the best you can get for seal/isolation. I imagine that would result in some pretty good bass.
I just dismantled an old pair of Sennheiser HD205 II's (that have been laying in the closet unused for years) and stole the headband pad from them. I attached it to my T50rp, so now they feel as good as they sound. I was about to purchase a headband pad from this same headphone online and then I remembered that I have a pair that I don't use anymore.
EDIT: These are definitely very comfortable now. :)
Edited by jasonb - 3/4/13 at 7:16pm
They may sound OK with the Cowan, however, the Fostex really bloom with a more powerful headphone amp. I originally drove my Fostex with an iBasso D10 portable. I thought that was pretty good, however, I now have a Project Sunrise II, and I could never go back.....in fact I will sell the iBasso D10. The modified Fostex and the Project Sunrise II are an amazing combination. Of course, that combination requires a DAC.
Cross posting here and in the measurements thread:
Has anyone tried just drilling a ton of holes in the cups and making the T50rp open backed? I know DBV tried opening up another set of vents (and hence the moniker of "double bass vents" which has lost it's original meaning but the naming remained), but has anyone gone further than that?
There's also the silly voice in my head that says after I've transplanted these drivers into the COP, I should try an open backed Sennheiser next...
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG K550 Cables cut. Any recommendations on where to get them fixed? 23 seconds ago
- › The value of tube amps 28 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 49 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 51 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 58 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 59 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob