Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 596

post #8926 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

Yeah, I read that this cable is commonly said throughout the thread, but you know how it feels to want to mod your T50RP right?

 

 

Fancy recables should be the last mod you do becasue that is the absolute least important thing.  Spending 10 hours recabling a stock T50rp is completely bananas.  I would put stickers above fancy recables in my list of priorities. 

post #8927 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

 

Fancy recables should be the last mod you do becasue that is the absolute least important thing.  Spending 10 hours recabling a stock T50rp is completely bananas.  I would put stickers above fancy recables in my list of priorities. 

10 hours?

post #8928 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluker View Post

Never owned a 600. You can buy the heafband for $8.50 each.

 

I really like the way yours turned out, is it much more comfy with the HD600 headband pads? I think I'll give it a try! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

 

Fancy recables should be the last mod you do becasue that is the absolute least important thing.  Spending 10 hours recabling a stock T50rp is completely bananas.  I would put stickers above fancy recables in my list of priorities. 

 

Took me maybe an hour and a half, 2 hours at most to re-cable my set.

and I used one of the smallest 3.5mm plugs on the market.

 

 

400

post #8929 of 10678

I don't know, however long it takes.  I imagine it would take about that long all things considered.  Look if you want to that's totally fine, I'm just trying to help.  The cable isn't the bottleneck with these phones. 

post #8930 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

I don't know, however long it takes.  I imagine it would take about that long all things considered.  Look if you want to that's totally fine, I'm just trying to help.  The cable isn't the bottleneck with these phones. 

 

I have to agree, the stock cable does not bottleneck these phones.

The primary reason for my re-cable was for the looks.

and for the 3.5mm plug. :P


Edited by pwnm30rdi3 - 7/24/12 at 10:20pm
post #8931 of 10678

i want to reterminate the stock t50rp cable, it is too long for me!

post #8932 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

The cable isn't the bottleneck with these phones. 

Totally agree.

I did mine in less than two hours, but the only reason was because I had an imbalance which I am certain was caused by the 3.5 jack on the left side. However with the last few pairs I have done I am able to get the sound balanced with the 3.5 in place (just make sure you seal the hole around it and play around with the stuffing volume).

Plus I really like the Vmoda cable. 

post #8933 of 10678

I love the vmoda cable.  It feels just like it is just a piece of fabric or rope with no wire inside.  It has no memory to it and just hangs very naturally.   I never thought I'd enjoy a cable so much.  

post #8934 of 10678

i want a vmoda cable as well since its shorter and thinner but im afraid the shipping costs to our country would be more expensive than the cable itself...

post #8935 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

i want a vmoda cable as well since its shorter and thinner but im afraid the shipping costs to our country would be more expensive than the cable itself...

Wouldn't be hard.

The cable is only $10 or so.

post #8936 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

I don't know, however long it takes.  I imagine it would take about that long all things considered.  Look if you want to that's totally fine, I'm just trying to help.  The cable isn't the bottleneck with these phones. 

 

If you say so. I need to get the O2 anyway, so I'll have to postpone the mod then

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

i want a vmoda cable as well since its shorter and thinner but im afraid the shipping costs to our country would be more expensive than the cable itself...

 

Agreed. That's the problem why I want to avoid purchasing anything online and the total cost would be around a recabling mod

post #8937 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

I don't know, however long it takes.  I imagine it would take about that long all things considered.  Look if you want to that's totally fine, I'm just trying to help.  The cable isn't the bottleneck with these phones. 

 

If you say so. I need to get the O2 anyway, so I'll have to postpone the mod then

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

i want a vmoda cable as well since its shorter and thinner but im afraid the shipping costs to our country would be more expensive than the cable itself...

 

Agreed. That's the problem why I want to avoid purchasing anything online and the total cost would be around a recabling mod

post #8938 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

Yeah, I read that this cable is commonly said throughout the thread, but you know how it feels to want to mod your T50RP right?

 

Absolutely, I've opened my T50's countless times. Enough that I'm surprised the threads on those screws arent stripped by now, but enough also that I've inadvertently pulled a wire loose a couple of times like rythymdevils just did. Anyway the benefits of the V-Moda cable are it's very inexpensive, it eliminates the channel drop out problem with the stock cable, and it's terminated with the 3.5mm plug. You can always recable with whatever down the road.

 

Edit: I see your concern with the V-Moda cable now. Shipping costs may make it not so inexpensive.


Edited by KneelJung - 7/25/12 at 5:15am
post #8939 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluker View Post

10 hours?

 

Maybe, he was thinking in terms of gub'ment hours?  biggrin.gif

 

My recables have taken about 3 hours.  I've taken my time as this is a hobby - not a chore or a job.  Plus, I love to do a good job with the work, so it's all neat in the end.  My cable and connector costs are certainly not a whole lot more than $17.00 - which is the cost of the VModa cable, with shipping involved.  Recabling by installing cables into each cup can resolve many of the "imbalance" issues that people can often hear.  The way the headphones are wired from the factory are far, far less than ideal.

post #8940 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

Maybe, he was thinking in terms of gub'ment hours?  biggrin.gif

 

My recables have taken about 3 hours.  I've taken my time as this is a hobby - not a chore or a job.  Plus, I love to do a good job with the work, so it's all neat in the end.  My cable and connector costs are certainly not a whole lot more than $17.00 - which is the cost of the VModa cable, with shipping involved.  Recabling by installing cables into each cup can resolve many of the "imbalance" issues that people can often hear.  The way the headphones are wired from the factory are far, far less than ideal.

 

Experiencing now. I have to turn the jack at the headphones a bit until I feel it's balanced again. Will changing the cable be enough to solve this issue or recabling completely solves the problem?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!