Have anyone tried melamine foam/sponge inside the cups? I got the idea from reading maverickronin's post somewhere. I just did it yesterday and I find it quite good. I'll take notes and provide some of the songs I use. But from the last documented changes I made to yesterday, I have a few undocumented changes and didn't take notes of the mostly positive changes, so that might be a wee bit confusing for other people not me. Most probably I'll compare it with something stock, but the chance of other people here have either an Alessandro MS1i, JVC FXT90 IEM, Sony MDR-7550 IEM or a Koss KDE250 is slim to none.
Preliminary impressions with what I did with melamine foam:
soundstage seems to increase in breadth and width; treble seems airy but without harshness from what I can tell; in certain ways of placing the foam, bass increases quite dramatically and slightly deepens; mids is slightly recessed compared to the treble and bass.
Of course without lining out how I set up my T50RP this is almost useless, but I'll get to it once I've clocked in more time with this new set up with melamine foam, if I don't change anything else that is.