And usb powered amps would not be able to give enough power?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- new cans for home. Last post on 1/19/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I found the best Monitor headphones for $100 or less?! Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 353
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends which amp you use....
The new setup I was hoping not to use so much money on that why I bought the niceprice Fostex and hopefully a amp/dac that would fit the T50RP.
why dont you use the burson?
btw, the T50rp rivaled the K701 for me.
You should have a bigger setup in your living room than in your computer room. That's just common sense. The T50RP is very very good with the Cary SLI-80. It is also way bigger than the Burson. Very unportable and dac-less. Will suit you fine
real men have a B22 in their living room: http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/f6/f6b0980e_vbattach27211.jpg
Edited by leeperry - 12/5/11 at 4:07pm
The Paradox & CottonDryers arrived today..
I had to get reacquainted with the "ortho sound" since it's been quite a while since I've listened to the T50RP. I want to thank LFF for his fantastic work.. the certificate of authenticity & FAQ included was a really nice touch.
I'll post some in-depth impressions later on tonight since I haven't had a chance to dig in with them. Regarding the two flavors, the CottonDryers sound like a slightly warmer version of the monumentally neutral Paradox (w/ 003 pads). The Paradox lays it all out like it is.. the CottonDryers (w/ the O2 pads) bring that thumping bass. It's very interesting how the CottonDryers are tuned.. there's some serious bass thump.. it doesn't creep into the midrange whatsoever though.. the warmth is very well articulated.. the CD is smoother (and more colored) sounding than the Paradox.
LFF mentioned he took both pairs to a meet and most everyone loved the Paradox.. and for the few who didn't, they loved the CottonDryers. What we have here are two incredibly complimentary cans.. one for people seeking ultimate neutrality and another for those after a slightly colored, bassier sound with a very articulate warmth.
Initial sound impressions?
I'm thoroughly blown away by both flavors.
Edited by FlySweep - 12/5/11 at 4:16pm
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing a pair of inexpensive IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Destiny 5 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)