And usb powered amps would not be able to give enough power?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Gainclone LM3886 for Headphone? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Question about the Sennheiser 280s Last post on 9/20/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Happy, and wondering. Last post on 8/19/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 353
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends which amp you use....
The new setup I was hoping not to use so much money on that why I bought the niceprice Fostex and hopefully a amp/dac that would fit the T50RP.
why dont you use the burson?
btw, the T50rp rivaled the K701 for me.
You should have a bigger setup in your living room than in your computer room. That's just common sense. The T50RP is very very good with the Cary SLI-80. It is also way bigger than the Burson. Very unportable and dac-less. Will suit you fine
real men have a B22 in their living room: http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/f6/f6b0980e_vbattach27211.jpg
Edited by leeperry - 12/5/11 at 4:07pm
The Paradox & CottonDryers arrived today..
I had to get reacquainted with the "ortho sound" since it's been quite a while since I've listened to the T50RP. I want to thank LFF for his fantastic work.. the certificate of authenticity & FAQ included was a really nice touch.
I'll post some in-depth impressions later on tonight since I haven't had a chance to dig in with them. Regarding the two flavors, the CottonDryers sound like a slightly warmer version of the monumentally neutral Paradox (w/ 003 pads). The Paradox lays it all out like it is.. the CottonDryers (w/ the O2 pads) bring that thumping bass. It's very interesting how the CottonDryers are tuned.. there's some serious bass thump.. it doesn't creep into the midrange whatsoever though.. the warmth is very well articulated.. the CD is smoother (and more colored) sounding than the Paradox.
LFF mentioned he took both pairs to a meet and most everyone loved the Paradox.. and for the few who didn't, they loved the CottonDryers. What we have here are two incredibly complimentary cans.. one for people seeking ultimate neutrality and another for those after a slightly colored, bassier sound with a very articulate warmth.
Initial sound impressions?
I'm thoroughly blown away by both flavors.
Edited by FlySweep - 12/5/11 at 4:16pm
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 17 seconds ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 26 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Superlux Express Train 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM1 vs. Shure se215?? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18: does your smartphone work with it for USB Audio? Tell us... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi