Well I guess if your'e going to do that I might as well post the mods that are done to mine so its perfectly clear what I have right now. I'm not sure if yours is 100% the same:
- SilverStone acoustic foam covering the inside of the cup, no foam on headband hanger stud
- No material on back of driver except for a square of electrical tape on the center square acting as a reflex dot
- Plasticine mass loading the interior side of the baffles and sealing the baffle (plasticine on the "rim")
- Two TRIPLE SIZED cotton balls, teased, inside the cups. I used two because Mrspeakers and BMF found that something like 6 regular balls sounded best. 2 x 3 (triple) = 6
- Dynamat on ear side of baffle
- Shure 840 pads with cotton ball "bratwurst" underneath rear of the pad to angle the pads
- I also have a leather headband mod still because I find it super comfortable, but that doesn't affect sound so yeah.
Try it if you like, I don't take credit for most of it because its other peoples findings, but it sounds great.
That's exactly what I'm going to do. ; ) Right down to the pads. Does the dynamat make any difference? Did you isolate test that one?