Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 190

post #2836 of 10599
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post


They can only be FOTM after LFF starts a thread: Best Music for Modded T50RP's. evil_smiley.gif

 


LOL! evil_smiley.gif

 

I would NEVER start such a thing....

 

If you have great headphones, all music will be great..either due to the awesome sound or due to the new warts you can hear. wink_face.gif

 

post #2837 of 10599

FOTM??? Oh yes!!!

 

MillennuimFFDSC01289.gif

 

Bad for your health though wink.gif

post #2838 of 10599

Yep, I nail mine to my head for sometimes... 6 hours. (last sunday) eek.gif

 

For lack of better defining: They are "freakin" comfortable. Concerning comfort it's nearly on par with HD 800. These are my go-to can due to comfort as well as sound. Maybe.. I have an attractively round head, but I can see how it might be uncomfortable for ovals.

 

Lol, I just realized my comment sounds prejudiced! I am not not biased Oval heads! tongue_smile.gif


Edited by Hennyo - 9/24/11 at 8:25pm
post #2839 of 10599

^Without mod? The stock headband's so uncomfortable without sort of any cushion :P

post #2840 of 10599
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post

The stock headband's so uncomfortable without sort of any cushion


That's why I picked up a HD580 headband cushion. Very comfortable now.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352734-REG/Sennheiser_052715_H_52715_Replacement_Headband.html
post #2841 of 10599
I compared my modded phones to stock and my LCD2 today. Stock is not bad and sounds neutral to me. Modded as previosly described and with the bass ports closed except for 1/4 inch of one slot line, they produce a pleasing top to bottom frequency range that is clear and detailed. In addition, they produce very deep, detailed bass in more quantity than my LCD2's with EQ set to flat for all comparisons.

Bass lines on Patricia Barber's Light My Fire and Ode To Billy Joe, and Diana Krall's My Love Is and All or Nothing At All are impressive. Same for really good recordings like Steely Dan's Gold and Two Against Nature albums. I would actually like a bit less bass but I've not discovered a way to tune it down. Any ideas appreciated.

I think the open back LCD2's sound significantly better with understandably wider soundstage and fuller, more balanced SQ. For those of you who have matched or bested the LCD2, congratulations! and I hope you will share your mods at some point. I'd love to take shot and have a listen.
post #2842 of 10599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygonn View Post



That's why I picked up a HD580 headband cushion. Very comfortable now.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352734-REG/Sennheiser_052715_H_52715_Replacement_Headband.html

That's an idea I thought about doing but I want to try a suspension headband first. If that fails, I guess I will order the cushion.
 

 

post #2843 of 10599

^Suspension headband - will keep your T50RPs looking stock and crappy wink.gif

 

@BMF, add some fiberfill inside the cups perhaps?

post #2844 of 10599

Any chance you can check to see if the LCD-2 ear-cushions fit the T50rp?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonkeyflyer View Post

I compared my modded phones to stock and my LCD2 today. Stock is not bad and sounds neutral to me. Modded as previosly described and with the bass ports closed except for 1/4 inch of one slot line, they produce a pleasing top to bottom frequency range that is clear and detailed. In addition, they produce very deep, detailed bass in more quantity than my LCD2's with EQ set to flat for all comparisons.
post #2845 of 10599

GUYS GUYS!

 

I bought some pyramid shaped acoustic foam (1"),  used it to fill the baffle and also cut a section of it and attached it to the headband with zip ties.  These headphones are now super comfortable, don't slip off, and sound great.  I'm going to try and angle the drivers by using the foam and filling in the cups asymmetrically.

post #2846 of 10599
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post

^Suspension headband - will keep your T50RPs looking stock and crappy wink.gif

 


Hence why I call them Paradox.....

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjuguete View Post

GUYS GUYS!

 

I bought some pyramid shaped acoustic foam (1"),  used it to fill the baffle and also cut a section of it and attached it to the headband with zip ties.  These headphones are now super comfortable, don't slip off, and sound great.  I'm going to try and angle the drivers by using the foam and filling in the cups asymmetrically.


I use make up applicators. They are wedge shaped and SUPER comfortable and cheap! Gives you a nice angled driver if that is what you are looking for.

 

post #2847 of 10599

Hmmm.  What to do with the wife's old make-up applicators?  Good thing you're not bald.  

 

evil_smiley.gif

post #2848 of 10599
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Hmmm.  What to do with the wife's old make-up applicators?  Good thing you're not bald.  

 

evil_smiley.gif



LOL!

 

Just sharing some good ideas I happen to come across....

post #2849 of 10599

Exactly my point. Don't deviate too much (on the looks) or you will lose that meaning biggrin.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF View Post




Hence why I call them Paradox.....

 



 

 



 

post #2850 of 10599

Never knew there was Ortho headphone other than LCD-2 and HiFi Man, and most of all...so affordable!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!