Flysweep and LFF .... how is your modded t50rp compared with FA-003?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Gainclone LM3886 for Headphone? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Question about the Sennheiser 280s Last post on 9/20/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Happy, and wondering. Last post on 8/19/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will answer in complete honesty....
My Paradox headphones (mod'd Fostex T50RP's) kick the living hell out of the FA-003. To me, it's like comparing iBuds to the FA-003...no contest.
EDIT: To be fair...it is comparing apples to oranges...dynamic driver v. ortho....
Edited by LFF - 9/22/11 at 7:19pm
Stop tempting me people....I'm poor!!!
Same here... Flysweep.:
Smeggy wrote today that he has "a strip of foam" under the stock pads. If you check out the thunderpants you'll see how stock pads are raised... I think it's just acoustic foam - which is what we've done to our stock pads.
How close are 840's to O2/.... Mabe I'll pick up some 840's... Just can't justify O2 pads right now.
Take 'em with a grain of salt. Not comparable to other graphs, especially those not generated by me. T50RPs shifted up 10db on first graph. Second graph: overlay normalized to midrange (500 to 2k) and compressed db range to better show differences.
The waterfall plots are available via my sig. Make sure you click on the "mods" portion for the T50RP CSD.
Actually I'm just going to run a new set and put them here.
Edited by purrin - 9/22/11 at 7:50pm
Some CLOSE-UP views from 1khz onward and ending at 3ms. db range is down to -36.
EDIT: these are the modded T50RPs.
One more for reference - HD800
Same T50RP before mods:
Edited by purrin - 9/22/11 at 10:33pm
And here I thought you were just cutting up random things in your girlfriend's closet.
How smooth are the mids on your setup?
Edited by 200poundsofamp - 9/23/11 at 12:30am
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 42 seconds ago
- › If you had $5000 to spend on a DAC what would you buy? 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a pair of High Quality, Sound Isolating, 7.1 Surround... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for the right DAC+AMP combo for SR80i's 1 minute ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20 discussion & appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Audeze LCD-2 Rev. 2 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe