Flysweep and LFF .... how is your modded t50rp compared with FA-003?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- new cans for home. Last post on 1/19/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I found the best Monitor headphones for $100 or less?! Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will answer in complete honesty....
My Paradox headphones (mod'd Fostex T50RP's) kick the living hell out of the FA-003. To me, it's like comparing iBuds to the FA-003...no contest.
EDIT: To be fair...it is comparing apples to oranges...dynamic driver v. ortho....
Edited by LFF - 9/22/11 at 7:19pm
Stop tempting me people....I'm poor!!!
Same here... Flysweep.:
Smeggy wrote today that he has "a strip of foam" under the stock pads. If you check out the thunderpants you'll see how stock pads are raised... I think it's just acoustic foam - which is what we've done to our stock pads.
How close are 840's to O2/.... Mabe I'll pick up some 840's... Just can't justify O2 pads right now.
Take 'em with a grain of salt. Not comparable to other graphs, especially those not generated by me. T50RPs shifted up 10db on first graph. Second graph: overlay normalized to midrange (500 to 2k) and compressed db range to better show differences.
The waterfall plots are available via my sig. Make sure you click on the "mods" portion for the T50RP CSD.
Actually I'm just going to run a new set and put them here.
Edited by purrin - 9/22/11 at 7:50pm
Some CLOSE-UP views from 1khz onward and ending at 3ms. db range is down to -36.
EDIT: these are the modded T50RPs.
One more for reference - HD800
Same T50RP before mods:
Edited by purrin - 9/22/11 at 10:33pm
And here I thought you were just cutting up random things in your girlfriend's closet.
How smooth are the mids on your setup?
Edited by 200poundsofamp - 9/23/11 at 12:30am
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 27 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 48 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 1 minute ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Daniel Lanois Accounces New Uprise.FM Streaming Service 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)