So, I'm getting this high frequency 'ringing' that I can't seem to get rid of that I'd guesstimate starts around 15k but I can't say for sure. Admittedly, I'm not really sure what I am doing completely but so far I've sort of just followed a bit what I've on this thread.
Mods so far:
1) Akasa on the ear side of baffle around the driver with stock felt removed down to the mesh. The little hole is not being covered currently and the driver is otherwise naked.
2) Plasticine on the rear of the baffle and the stock white paper thing is gone.
3) Cheapo felt (from local arts and crafts store) on the back side of the driver (not sure where to get better felts from)
4) Dynamat on the inside of the cup, but only in the two little 'channels' that make up square part of the cup (thinking maybe this is culprit?)
5) Akasa covering every surface on the inside of cup, including over the dynamat.
I'm also using the shure 840 pads, which i think are a bit better than the stock pads as far as reducing the ringing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.