Just ordered these today. I'd like to think I know what I got myself into, but I don't think I do
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Gainclone LM3886 for Headphone? Last post on 9/8/11 at 7:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Question about the Sennheiser 280s Last post on 9/20/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Happy, and wondering. Last post on 8/19/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, after a couple of months, mine finally arrived today. I got mine from bswusa.com. Funny that they sent me a satisfaction survey 2 weeks before receiving them. Not bad for the money.
I'll give them some hours (although I don't believe orthos need burn-in) and check back on some of your suggested mods.
They came with an Almond Rock Butterscotch Toffee energy bar. Nice touch, but not sure what food has to do with headphones, but I'll chalk it up to the "mint on the comfy pillow" satiation.
Out of the box, they come close the my 880's and my HD600's which says a lot for a $69 headphone.
I'll definitely have some fun with these. Maybe get my 14 y.o. son a pair so I don't have to keep yelling from the living room "your TV is too loud!" The build quality reminds me of my ESP 950 stats. Low budget but impressive for what it's worth.
Eh, the swine are now saying "on backorder" for me. So much for digital inventory control.
Well, I have my pair, and no imminent birthdays so I guess patience will prevail.
I'm definitely buying a pair for Jr. but I'm keeping the energy bar.
UPS delivered mine today. They're more power hungry than I suspected; had to switch to high gain on my amp. They sound OK stock—somewhat like my Stax portables, but without the treble roll-off.
I see what everyone meant about the weird reflections/resonances, though. I grabbed felt and Blue Tack on my way home.
Can anyone confirm that the Sony $55 SA5000 replacement pads include two leather pads?
that's the price for the sa1k/sa3k earpads("254696501") AFAIK...sa5k is "234530601" and that's $75 a pop.
Edited by leeperry - 3/11/11 at 7:30pm
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 8 seconds ago
- › Audiophile Orchestral Music w/ wide dynamic range. Soundtracks maybe? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › A Motherboard with usb dac's in mind 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi