For those hesitant to open up the cups, just get the 840 pads and stick a piece of thin felt underneath before slipping the pads on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- new cans for home. Last post on 1/19/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I found the best Monitor headphones for $100 or less?! Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 703
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, look for
"DBV #3 Update: Modding Made (A Little) Easier (March 15, 2013"
or other later entries (unless you have a few days to spare to digest it all )
Big thanks to BMF.
Underneath the pads behind the cloth layer and over the driver? Hmm.
Yeah. It's not perfect and might attenuate too much from the upper mids/treble, but hey it's a simple thing to try and no screwdrivers needed.
Can anyone advise which T50RP mod is considered the most advanced and also which one has the most comprehensive guide from start to finish?
DBV #3 ?
or post #6086 of THIS thread
or Buy Alpha Dogs
Edited by jimmers - 1/31/14 at 4:16pm
I would recommend anyone on a tight budget look at the Indeed TA2021 speaker amp and the U2 Sabre Async DAC.....great pairing with Fostex T50RP IMHO.
You get the high detail of the ESS9023 in that tiny async USB DAC going into the 3 watts on taps warm tubey and punchy Indeed mini-amp.
I was worried about the noise floor on the amp spec sheet, but you can only hear hiss at 75% volume with no music playing and then it is faint...and as yet I have not gone over 25% volume and that is pushing it...
A really great budget chain coupled with your modded T50's into speaker taps for those on a tight budget.
Indeed amp is $81 including the 5 amps shielded PSU and shipping...it is actually called TA2021S inside the ebay listing (but TA2021 in item heading) now as they have upped the internals again.
U2 Sabre is $65 inc. shipping.
(I also use the HifimeDIY USB isolator as well in the chain.)
Both from Hong Kong.
Edited by Lohb - 2/7/14 at 10:21pm
I haven't personally used any on mine, but I'd think they're too big. You're likely to have more success with the Alpha Pads or other custom pads that are fit specifically for the T50RP body.
I'm sure that somebody has made them work before, but it would require more extensive modding than simply putting them on the T50RP.
So I finally finished a few simple mods (shure 840 pads, fatmat+paxmate+cotton in the cups, plasticine in the baffle/driver holes with paxmate on top), but I'm having a problem with channel imbalance. I tried Deoxit but that hasn't solved it either. The left cup is just louder (volume wise), but especially the lower tones (bass). You can physically feel the it vibrating more in the left cup moreso than the right. Any suggestions?
Edited by steelle - 2/19/14 at 3:03pm
- Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Ear bus recommendation help. Skullcandy FIX vs Sony MDRXB50APB 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Tablets as music source 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)